Should Killer Adept Achievements be changed to Ruthless instead of Merciless?

Options
C4BLES
C4BLES Member Posts: 10

My answer to the question above is yes, by the way.

The fact that survivors earn their adept achievements only by escaping while killers have to play perfectly to earn theirs seems very unfair. A survivor can do zero gens the whole game and escape through the hatch to earn their achievement. Killers have to play extremely well to win, as killing every survivor just isn't enough.

Can this please be reconsidered? I've been one emblem point off of getting adept achievements so many times it actually hurts.

Comments

• TheOhioHutcH
    TheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178
    Options

As long as you don't try for them in red ranks its not so bad I've gotten mostly all of mine in purple ranks I've tried it in red ranks and couldn't do it.

But they might end up changing anyway cause of the new MMR system they are gonna come out with not sure if they get rid of the emblems or Not (would be nice if they did)

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I would say yes if i hadnt gone through the trouble of getting them all already. If they change it your acheivement better come with an asterick 🤬

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2020
    Options

Just change them to a 4k so you can't get screwed out of one because of the Emblem system working against Killers.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

Plz DEVS LISTEN US!!!

• Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153
    Options

You have to straight up refuse to use your powers on certain killers just so the game doesn't give you less emblem progress. It really is dumb.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,563
    Options

4 Sacrificies. And it will be glorious.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

No. It should be 4k with their 3 unique perks. That's it.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

A 4k should be enough to get the achievement but if you really want to achievement derank go in the green or yellow rank and you should get the merciless killer on you killer almost every single game

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,758
    edited June 2020
    Options

The trick to getting the adept achievements is doing it in brown ranks and avoid using most killers' powers. If they have anything that one-hit-downs, don't use it. That means don't use your puke as Plague. Don't reach EW tier 3 as Myers. Don't stalk as Ghost Face. Don't use any chainsaws. etc. etc.

Also, avoid being too close to hooked survivors, you can't afford to lose points. Definitely don't tunnel if there's an obsession, you lose emblem points for getting DS'd. You need to aim to hook every survivor three times.

I mean, you may already know that. Not everyone who reads this thread necessarily does, though, so hopefully the info helps someone.

On the topic of changing the achievement... Devs are almost never going to touch achievements. On PlayStation, the only way an achievement can be altered is if the game changes in such a way that the achievement is literally impossible to get. Even then it can be difficult. That's why you still have to down 100 survivors from 24+ meters away as Huntress on PS4.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,525
    Options

I can get Ruthless with Legion and 0 sacrifices.

I would say NO, but YES to a 4k.

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498
    Options

i think just a 4k

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 188
    Options

The thing is the emblem system punishes a lot of killer for using their powers. Insta down killers are punished cause they didn’t have long chases, killer with alternate ways to hit survivors like plague are punished, it honestly just makes it really hard to get adept with some killers

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,563
    Options

"The trick to getting the adept achievements is doing it in brown ranks" this is basically the biggest problem with the Adepts. Sure, it is stupid that you get punished for using your ability. But the biggest flaw is that it gets artificially harder to do it, just because someone is at a higher Rank.

Like, if I would like to do it, I would probably try in yellow Ranks. But this means, I would have to wait 3 months (from red to purple, purple to green, green to yellow) to actually be in yellow Ranks. Or I play A LOT of games really badly/AFK. This cannot be the way.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,758
    Options

I agree. I've made that complaint before, that the way it gets more difficult to reach Merciless due to the way it's rewarded + the fact you're going up against better survivors... well, it's a terrible system. I'm sure it's incorrect to say it gets exponentially more difficult at higher ranks, but that's certainly how it feels.

• RockinCrystal
    RockinCrystal Member Posts: 2
    Options

Believe it or not, I just got a Merciless Victory with the Twins using their 3 unique perks and STILL didn’t get Adept Twins!! 😡😡😡

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

I think it should be just get a 4k, then it'd be good. On some killers like Plague, Pyramid Head, and Bubba, getting a merciless is almost impossible.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

While I agree that merciless is a little harsh for the achievement, the real question is why are you so concerned over achievements. They are meaningless.