Make it so that the exit gates regress if a survivor doesn't open then

I feel as if the endgame collapse is pretty much not what it lived up to be because people can 99% a gate, I think from now on if a survivor wants to 99 A gate it should start going down pretty fast so they are forced to open it giving the survivors that pressure of the endgame collapse

Comments

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

Or just make a perk have that function. Endgame isn't that bad as you say. Most of the time, not opening the gates kills more people than the EGC does. It's all about reading the situation

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I forget which thread it was, but I had a suggestion about this idea somewhere else. General gist was this:

Gates would have Five Milestones:

-0%

-25% (First light turns on)

-50% (Second light)

-75% (Third light and buzzer) *If the gate ever returns to 75%, the buzzer will re-activate*

-100% (Gate Opens)

If a gate's switch is not being used and a survivor is not within 2m (or ~6ft) of the switchbox, the gate will regress to the previous milestone. For example, a survivor 99%'s the gate and runs off to help a teammate, the gate begins to regress when they leave until it returns to 75% (meaning survivors will need 5 seconds to open the gate).

This would mean survivors going for risky end-game saves have different choices over the optimal "99 the gate and conga-line out" strategy:

-Open the gate and use all remaining survivors to help with the save (but risk perks like Bloodwarden interfering).

-75% the gate and use all remaining survivors to help save (Risk comes from the perk Remember Me and/or the extra time needed to open the gate).

-99% the gate, but leave a survivor to camp the switch, preventing regression (leaving less man-power to help make the save).

• Ill be honest, Survivors 99% ing the Gate does feel like error in the design of End Game Collapse.

I recommend that any Gate that has been touched by a survivor will gain 1% every 10 seconds.

What this would mean is that:

1. A gate will open after 10 seconds if it has been 99%'ed, 20 sec if 98%, 30 if 97%, 40 if 96% etc

2. Gates will open eventually after 1000 seconds or 16minutes, more than enough for Killer to do something worthwhile.

3. Survivors will have to time it , with how much time they think they will need before endgame collapse begi

4. BHVR could also make the rate of gain random, From 1% to 5%, which would make 99% Gating a less reliable tactic for avoiding Bloodwarden.

• Bludge23
    Bludge23 Member Posts: 234

I personally say treat it like a totem, if they stop working on it it regresses back to zero progress

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

This topic comes up regularly and I feel the reason is that the purpose of EGC is commonly misunderstood.

You can refer to the developers' notes. The declared purpose of the EGC is to ensure that the match reaches an end and to avoid hostage situations. That's why both sides can trigger EGC if they want the game to end. Its purpose is fulfilled. It's not meant to pressure either side into anything else than towards ending the match. The fact that the gates can be 99'd is completely neutral as far as either role is concerned, because it can either benefit or hurt either side depending on an infinity of situations.

Adding arbitrary mechanics to encourage triggering the EGC would be redundant, as it can already be triggered at will.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554
    edited June 2020

I do not understand why this continues to return.

Everyone knows that any survivor that is stuck in Endgame will more than likely die if the killer is competent and is actively engaging in chase with them or they are the last survivor remaining.

Therefore, If the killer was unable to stop the remaining survivor(s) from 99'ing the gate, then that means that the killer has let the survivor live all the way up to that exact moment. Why would the killer suddenly gain leverage after failing to perform throughout the entire match? (wont even bring up NOED)

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

If it is more beneficial for the Killer for the gate to be opened rather than 99%ed then open it yourself.

• KettleWettle
    KettleWettle Member Posts: 149

The whole 99 the gate strategy is fine IMO because it's balanced on both sides. There have been a handful of times where i'm the only one running to a gate that's 99 while being chased by the killer and it's gotten me killed because well, while there is a killer behind me I gotta take a left, open the gate, then run into the gate and escape and most of the time, there's not enough time 😄. Now I don't think making the gate-regression idea is a terrible idea, I just think the whole strategy is fine. I think @APoipleTurtle's idea is a very interesting Idea and i'm a fan of it.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Sounds good. My experience is still quite shallow so don't know if it actually is a big difference or not.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

Anything thats beneficial to killers is a no no in this game