Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can we just get a killer surrender option?

JustCats
JustCats Member Posts: 298
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

Sick of the invincible swf 4-man groups that I just have to suffer through teabagging, light clicking, pointing, and general BM. Primetime EST is just a cesspool of this. I want to play the game but my time is too valuable to just sit through the bullying.

On a related note, does anyone know of a game like DbD where the horror monster villain doesn't need a thousand hours and pro level skill just to not be the punching bag that gets hunted down by a bunch of jerk teenagers? This is an interesting take on the genre but quickly becoming not my cup of tea.

Edit: I'd just DC but it's my understanding that you can get banned for that and this is like every other game at this point.

Comments

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

There already is, it's called "Leave Match"

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Try KYF. Make a group through the Discord or if you're on console there are several KYF groups going at once that you can join.

• JustCats

No penalty associated other than de-ranking back to where its fun?

• DelsKibara

There's the Matchmaking Penalty. You'll have to wait 5 minutes before going back into the game.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Just put down the controller waiting for the end lol

• JustCats

Then I'll just stick with the original surrender request. I don't want to get penalized beyond de-pipping just cause I don't enjoy getting pissed on in addition to getting dunked on.

• tixerp
    tixerp Member Posts: 270

That sounds beta as #########.

• JustCats
    edited June 2020

Thanks for your input. Didn't realize alpha = masochism but whatever.

I don't mind losing, the game wouldn't be fun if you couldn't lose. I just don't enjoy the games where I can't win and the survivors know it so they pull out every stop to make it as irritating as possible.

• DelsKibara

Either way it's the same thing. Killers will just Surrender and not DC, defeating the purpose of the DC penallty in the first place.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

If you DC or use the "Leave Match" option, you will be hit with a DC ban that becomes incrementally longer each time. I would suggest not doing it, that way you don't find yourself in a real bind if the game crashes or your internet goes out or something mid-match, because that too counts as a DC. The system can't discern between intentional and unintentional.

If the survivors I'm facing are dicks, I go stand at the exit gate and look up into the sky so they can't blind me, they can't get chase points, they are forced to give up trying to annoy me and go do gens. Once they finish the last gen, I immediately open the door to start the EGC, and I go look for the hatch in case I can either get points closing it or at least deny one of them the extra points for escaping through it.

These types of survivors often do not like being ignored and find working on gens boring, plus you're denying them Altruism and Boldness points, so you're hurting them in more ways than one. Sucks that your time is wasted, but once you're standing at the gate you can watch YouTube or read a book or something while you wait for them to finish the gens. If these matches happen constantly and you're not having any fun, I'd suggest playing at a different time or playing a different game altogether, at least for right now. Matchmaking is supposed to be fixed in the near future so you'll be facing players at your own skill level, and you could come back and see if the game is any better for you then.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

The problem with this idea is that killers could just quit as soon as the game begins. Map they don't like? Quit. They just want to troll survivors and make them go back to 10 minute matchmaking? Quit. Too abuseable.

• EntityDrudge
    EntityDrudge Member Posts: 184

Try playing Evolve. Way more fun as a hunter and way stronger as a monster. You'll have to play with a few bots every now and then though

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

I feel ya. That killer ready up button is really unnerving, unless I am playing a killer or build that I am really comfortable with. PS4 huntress/nurse are just there for decoration though no blink nurse is fun because I go in that with noed or devour.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

This is the best advice on here. I will just add that if the Killer I am playing has NoEd (Trapper kinda needs it for how fast some of these swfs push gens) and there is no hope for me to win, I just go face a corner in the basement. It's funny when they get over confident and come down to tease me and bam! two people are downed and hooked in the basement. It is even more delicious if one of their mates opened the gates and they're on a time limit. Even more delicious if I have Bloody Coil. Muahahahahahahahaha.

• FlamingkittyUmad
    FlamingkittyUmad Member Posts: 313

Just play survivor then, if your time is "too valuable" to spend it playing kiler.

• JustCats

It's just irritating - half the games are fun; I'll lose my share but get plenty of 3-4ks as well. The other half are just abysmally toxic - not so much that they're better (like, looping is looping), they're just running 2-3 second chance perks and split rushing gens while obviously calling out positions. Which is fine, whatever, I can get stomped and be fine with it if they're cool about it - I include those swf games in the "fun" category too, cause even though it's OP as hell I don't mind trying.

I just don't like having to sit and wait through games where the objective of the survivors isn't to complete gens and escape it's to make my life as miserable as possible for as long as possible. At least when I play survivor and get face camped there's a timer.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

If you're willing to give up like that then maybe playing killer isn't for you.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

It sucks and I get those teams a lot myself. They are working on match making like others have stated.

I recommend doing what others have said about just going into the basement or waiting by the exit.

I am sorry people have to be jerks but sadly it seems like a lot of people feel this is acceptable since it's an every online game problem. It should not be at all.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

You can win, its just stupid hard and you have to break the survivors rules and hope they make mistakes. But yeah it does require a lot of time to get that right.

Next time drag one in the basement and camp the upper area. If theyre a 4 man theyll come for him. Be ready when they do

• JustCats

Yeah I suppose. I'd rather just be able to bow out than play toxic back.

• JustCats

LOL if playing killer means I have to just be ok with obnoxious behavior that I can't respond to for 20 minutes then yeah maybe not. Did not realize it was the "please sir may I have another" role.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273

I don't mind, as long as it's only available after a certain amount of time/progress has passed, and there's a depip protection for everyone (except maybe for the killer that initiate the surrender?).

The problem is, survivors will then ask for their own surrender button.

• A_Skinny_Legend

What do you mean you can't respond for 20 minutes? You're in the game just get them. Are you talking about them messaging you?

• JustCats

So it's ok for them to troll me with a 20 minute toxicity fest but "abuseable" that I could troll some people to a potential 10 minute queue where I can't interact with them at all?

I mean, I get the concern. But have you considered that maybe it's a 10 minute queue because there aren't enough killers? Aaand maybe there's a reason for that?

• JustCats
    edited June 2020

I would try and "just get them" except a coordinated swf that knows what they're doing with the right perks can absolutely shut down anything I try to do. Yeah, I get it, I'm not good - fine. Matchmaking is busted. Fine. Let me out, then.

Killers have no emotes and they are by themselves. Most of them can't even crouch. I can do literally nothing but watch or try to hide - exactly how I remember it going in Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Friday the 13th. Yeah, I could bang my head against the brick wall and keep trying to play but that's exactly what they're after. Again, I don't mind losing and I don't mind losing badly. I don't need to win every game and I don't even need to come close. But when somebody's got my number and they're just intent on rubbing it in my face I don't understand why I just have to put up with it or else.

To clarify, the BM doesn't bother me except for the fact that I have to sit through it. I don't like hanging out in high school cafeterias or nursery rooms either, and I don't get mad at immature teens or crying babies. I just leave.

• A_Skinny_Legend

Well then suck it up. The moment the killer leaves the whole game ends. You already know what you'll face when choosing to play killer.

• JustCats

I am talking about games that are already over, where I have no chance and the survivors are just extending the game to be toxic. I can't do anything but DC, which carries a penalty - I can't do gens, I can't open the doors, I can't do anything except try to run and hide which is definitely the opposite of why I queued up as killer.

Like I have said, repeatedly, 50% of my games are great - good fun, win or lose (by whatever margin). The other half are miserable. If I knew it would be bad all or most of the time I wouldn't play and your queue times would be that much longer. I'm just saying it'd be nice to be able to leave games I've already lost and not add the AFK time to my queue time.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Everything you face is something everyone has encountered you must adapt and learn to counter it. The button will not make you improve, it will not teach you, it will not make the survivors stop doing it. Everything you want would only encourage this behavior in the first place, is this what you truly want?

• A_Skinny_Legend

Why would you be hiding as killer? That's your mistake. Just smack them and they'll leave, and if you still can't get a single survivor after they were clowning around then it seems more like a personal issue.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Basement camping isnt toxic, neither is gen rushing. Both are part of the game. Unless youre first hook face camoing nothing "wrong" with it

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

If they haven't completed the gens, keep chasing them until you down them. Use the practice to get better. If they've completed the gens, just open the exit gate. Or go to the basement, and if they come down there, it's a lot easier to down them down there.

• JustCats
    edited June 2020

Yeah look, I get it - I'm not good enough to down them, not good enough to avoid the four potential flashlights, not good enough to have the perks to counter the two to three second chances they're all running, just plain not good enough. I completely acknowledge that. I am also well aware that a coordinated group of survivors has a gigantic advantage on most (if not all) killers. I play through those games when people are just playing like people and not immature cretins to try and get better. It's not ideal, of course, to try and learn while being massively outmatched, but I do what I can in those games. I don't mind having to be twice as skilled as a decent swf to be competitive, that challenge is fun. What's not fun is the level of toxicity when it's a bad swf. I'm not new to online games and I'm not new to the internet, but even League of Legends does a better job of keeping people non-toxic and helping players avoid it.

This is the only game I've played in recent memory that forces me to get trolled for an amount of time determined entirely by the troll. Even getting spawn camped in a shooter just runs the score up faster and ends the game quicker.

I guess it's just AFK time then until I get tired of having to do that and move on to a better game.