If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Why are killers so weak???

Options
Vadim239
Vadim239 Member Posts: 217
edited August 2018 in Tournaments

Or teach me how to play killer? How do you win? How many survivors do you kill usually? What perks are you using? What killer is the strongest? I am rank 6 killer and can't go up anymore. Give some advice. Because I'll die faster than the next killer buff will come. The previous buff was great. but it didn't change much in balance to make it reasonable to my mind.

Post edited by Vadim239 on

Comments

• Vadim239
    edited August 2018
    Options

Accidentally I put the discussion in Tournaments section. Sorry. Don't know how to change it.

• TheCamper
    TheCamper Member Posts: 14
    Options

For me personally. I like the doctor. Simple killer and even if you lose...you earn blood points fast and you use that to get perks faster and prestige and all that. Plus his shock ability helps you to locate survivors when they scream. So you technically have a 5th perk from his ability.

Perk wise. There are meta perks on both sides. For killers. You want anything that speeds up hunting survivors. Brutal strength. Enduring. BBQ and chilli. Nurses calling.

Those are like the standard build.

Playing killer wise. From rank 10 onwards. On average it's usually 2 kills per game. Assuming you are just a casual player.

Strategy wise. You don't wanna be stuck in a loop with a survivor for too long. If a survivor is wasting your time going from loop to loop. Just forget about them and go to the next one.

Try and bottle neck gens. For example in autohaven wreckers. One of the maps is 3 gens on top and bottom and in the middle there is 1.

If you can force survivors to complete the 3 gens on one side and the middle one. The last 3 are so near each other. They will have a hard time focusing on it.

Of course it doesn't go that way every time.

Map awareness. With experience you tend to know where pallets and loop spots are. So you will know ahead of time if a survivor is bringing you to a loop spot. There are safe loop spots and unsafe ones. Safe ones, there is no way you can catch up with the survivor till you hit tier 3 bloodlust. Waste of time. Move on from there or let the survivor hit you with the pallet to remove the loop.

If you see survivors with flashlights. If possible. Whenever picking up a downed survivor face towards a wall or quickly flick your mouse up as the animation finishes to avoid the blind.

Killer wise. There are tier list that people create. Nurse always has been the top since she teleports.

For casual players. I had say hillbilly is a good choice. Even if you can't hit people with the saw. You can travel the map fast. Which helps a lot in catching up to survivors from gen to gen.

If you have the basics then just pick a killer you like. You will do okay with most killers.

Oh and don't be afraid to camp or play nasty now and then. You are killer...you are not meant to make it fun for the survivors...neither are the survivors entitled to make it fun for you. If anything survivors always try to make it not fun for you. So if they play sour with you...just do the same.

Avoid the post chat at all cost. If it's a teabagging toxic survivor. When you exit. Quickly click on >> to hide the chat. Don't bother entertaining them.

• Vadim239
    Options

THANKS MAN. That was a good advice. Most of it I knew, but sometimes even this doesn't help. Sometimes

• Vadim239
    Options

But I stopped at rank 6 and can't go up more. I want the achivement that I haven't got still. Rank 1 killer

• Vadim239
    Options

And like RIGHT NOW, I was in Lobby as killer with 4 people, and the game crashed. And I lost 3 pips. Nice

• [Deleted User]
    Options

you think killers are weak here? go play white noise 2. a okay group of investigators will make you feel like freddy in that game.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    Options

@MrChills said:
    you think killers are weak here? go play white noise 2. a okay group of investigators will make you feel like freddy in that game.

This one is often brought as an example of balanced Assymetrical game.

So it's not ?

I'm beginning to think that this game concept is doomed.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@Giche said:

@MrChills said:

This one is often brought as an example of balanced Assymetrical game.

So it's not ?

I'm beginning to think that this game concept is doomed.

basically in white noise 2, the investigators can banish you with light. they have flashlight and glowsticks, much more. and they have global chat the monster and investigators can talk to and see. So a good group of experience investigators will walk back to back and instantly drop all their glowsticks and send you back to spawn. think flashlights are here, well prepare for the holy land in this game.

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I've noticed a few loops as well though I still dont exactly know how to deal with killers that target me alone are they griefing or am I just the higher character time wise and seen as a threat also how do I report somone that used a lag switch in a match
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    Options

@MrChills said:

basically in white noise 2, the investigators can banish you with light. they have flashlight and glowsticks, much more. and they have global chat the monster and investigators can talk to and see. So a good group of experience investigators will walk back to back and instantly drop all their glowsticks and send you back to spawn. think flashlights are here, well prepare for the holy land in this game.

RIP.

So this concept is doomed, since the majority, the side with the most players, will always feel entitled AF and be toxic for the minority. And the devs will always cater to them because "Need MORE money duuuur"