Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Let's argue: Hardest killer to learn/master.

MusicNerd_TC
MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Welcoming all hot takes, unpopular opinions and tough questions. What killer do you find hardest to learn or master?

I think Hag is the hardest killer to learn and master. With so much trap placements being available and you also have to learn how to teleport without going in the wrong direction.

Comments

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

BILLY! Not really though, I find nurse incredibly hard. Even with that addon that shows where my blink lands.

• tixerp
    tixerp Member Posts: 270

Clown pre PTB. Not because he's complex, but because of how bad he is.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Nurse on console due to how punishing she is now.

• MusicNerd_TC

True, especially with the constant fps drops on console.

• MusicNerd_TC

I find her to be in the middle. I just think she is very boring to play as.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Gonna go away from the crowd and say Wraith and Bubba. Both of them are easy at first but extremely hard to master.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

in terms of skill nurse, in terms of taking the game in a different approach and needing map and in depth power knowledge, Hag.

I'd say another hard to master killer is pig and also demogorgon, both of their powers are hard to master since you can do some crazy stuff with both lunge abilities.

• hahadrillgobrrr

I find Nurse very fun to play even though I suck. Feels very rewarding to hit those blink strikes. Maybe some day I'll play her enough to get rid of the addon that shows me where I'm going to blink and actually be decent with her. I haven't played all killers yet which could also kinda cloud my opinion. I don't have most of the killers at the moment but slowly going to get them all.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

Lol not even a debate nurse. I never see anyone play her on ps4 for a reason.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Nurse is the hardest to learn with the steepest learning curve but I say Huntress is the hardest to master and become really good with.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

They're not hard to learn, but personally, to master and get 4ks somewhat consistently is difficult. Opinions are subjective.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Nurse on console.

Man does it feel satisfying though when I accidentally land a hit.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Huntress for PC, getting hits isn't hard, but actually mastering her IS hard. I'll fight you.

Nurse on console.

Basically this.

• hahadrillgobrrr

I love you. For umm, some reason. Not because Billy is your number 3 choice on the list and I love Billy. It is entirely for some other reason not related to Billy whatsoever.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited June 2020

everyone already said it is nurse. then probably huntress wich has a big learning curve to actually be good at her and not miss every hatchet, or getting dodged, the rest arent that hard or they just require map knowdelege or luck like hag for example. lots of people say she is hard, she is not hard she requires map knowdelege to know where to place the traps and how to apply pressure wich u can get it with any other killer, is not hard to place a trap as is not with trapper. but is hard to play her properly without thos factors, knowing aswell when to drop a chase, and many other stuff, people saying billy is hard lol he is not, he has a learning curve if u dont use addons, because that billy can be looped way easier than with addons but if u apply charge addons and speed damn, he is quite easy tbh specially after seeing a couple of videos of curving to know where and how you can do them u will get them quite easy without further practice... im a trash billy player and still manage to usually win at red ranks because i use carburator guide and tunning guide or tunning guide and thompson mix, probably would get trashed by a 4 man but that is because i never play except for rituals but wouldnt have problems against solo rank 1 survivors most time.

i think the first 2 are the hardest ones in learning curves, the easiest one i would say is freddy with snares. you are a pro master freddy after playing him 2 to 3 matches.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Huntress.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

In terms of skill floor: Nurse.

In terms of skill cap: Nurse.

Huntress difficulty is often overdrawn, imho.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

Unpopular Opinion:The Trapper

• hahadrillgobrrr

Yes, Demo. Certainly Demo is what I meant. Not Billy. Never.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

Trapper is easy to learn, but has a high skill ceiling in red ranks so can be difficult to master. Trap placement, pallet jukes, proper time management when setting traps up is something that takes a bit of time to nail down. Hag can also be grouped here as she is mechanically similar with slightly different strengths and weaknesses.

Nurse falls into the same boat being reletively easy to learn, but difficult to master. Her mechanics are simple and straight forward, but what takes time and seperates god nurses from others is survivor prediction, map awareness and being able to use this knowledge with a killer that can take advantage of it more than others.

• MusicNerd_TC

I agree, he is easy to play but to master he is hard.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,226

Nurse

Huntress

Hag

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Hardest to master is definitely Huntress. With nurse it takes a while in the beginning to get used to her but after that there's really not much else to learn. Predicting survivor movements and pathing with Nurse comes pretty intuitively and naturally if you're also a good survivor. But with Huntress there's a lot more you need to be mindful of. There's more that goes into playing her than "just aim well 4head". And I'll say this, the amount of good Huntress players I've seen who aren't streamers I could probably count on 1 hand, but I've seen a lot of seemingly good Nurse players that don't stream.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Nurse, hands down. Especially post nerf. The people who pointed out that Nurse cannot resort to being an M1 killer if their power just isn't working out that game are correct, and she is the only one in that scenario...everyone else is faster than survivors. She's also the only killer in the game that double punishes players for using their power poorly, which only adds to the difficulty.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited June 2020

Nurse. It's not even debatable.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Nurse, 100%. Especially now with her rework she's a nightmare. She went from a steep learning curve to a 90 degree angle. I have so much respect for anyone who stuck with Nurse or is trying to learn Nurse nowadays.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Nurse is the hardest MECHANICALLY, but after you get that down, all you have to do is find someone and there are that many tracking perks it shouldn't matter.

Hag is actually the hardest to learn and master. You need to balance a somewhat limited resource, map knowledge, being a slower than average killer, essentially non-lethal power and mind-games. You have to know EVERYTHING. And don't have a secondary attack method.

Huntress is in a similar boat here, but the fact that you have a lethal ranged power that only requires slight reads and is mechanics based makes her less difficult in terms of overall management.

Honourable mention to the Pig as the most difficult STEALTH killer to master! She's such a toolbox killer that everything is in some ways slightly weaker than it probably should be. You also have a lot of stuff to balance, like the amount of couch time you use, when to use an RBT or standing up vs. dashing. Then you have to deal with people thinking you're either a memer and try to boop the snoot (don't please, I'm not a farming killer......) or assume you're a trap tunneller.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Nurse, hands down. Not just because you need to think an extra step ahead, or the uncalled for cool down on top of a cool down, but because she's a bug simulator. You're not just facing off against four other players, you're fighting the game itself.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

For me personally, Billy is the hardest to play because using Q and E to steer is mechanically very challenging.

Generally speaking though, I'd say Nurse, Huntress, and Deathslinger are the hardest to play. All three killers require lots of experience to play at the highest level.

• devilboy1234603
    devilboy1234603 Member Posts: 36

DEMOGORGON

My ass is he hard, that “intermediate” difficulty rating is bs. If you don’t use your portals correct you loose

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I don't think this is even a debate. Nurse is the hardest to learn. Nothing else has even come close for me.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Mechanically? Nurse, there's no question. The effort to learn her is the effort to master her, if you don't then you won't win a single game. Deathslinger is probably a close second.

Strategically? That's a little more complicated. Hag and Trapper are the obvious ones, but all killers have their own unique strategies that you have to understand.

Overall, I'd probably say Hag is the hardest killer to master. You need to set the board well, you need to know when and when not to ITH, you need to master the technique of pushing survivors into traps but ONLY the traps you want to push them into, you need to put down surprise traps that only get triggered in specific situations... There is a lot that goes into hag. And mechanically speaking, she isn't the easiest.

• TheWind
    TheWind Member Posts: 59

I mean nurse for sure, can't kill anyone for the first million games until you figure out how to blink through stuff.

That out of the way though, Freddy eludes me. He seems so simple, slash people, put red stuff on the floor, make gens vomit blood, profit. But in practice he's like a weird hag trapper with no immediate benefit like traps give. You have to basically know where the survivors are and where they're going without anything to help with that.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Nurse.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

id say Huntress

learning what you can throw over, through, and how much you need to charge a hatchet can be hard to learn, especially going for long ranged shots.

also, on maps that are very closed off knowing what you can throw over and through can be very crucial to whether you win or lose the match

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230

Now of course, Nurse is the hardest and this is undeniable. Before and after the nerf.

While i'm here, spirit is not a 50/50 killer lmfao. Technically, a survivor getting hit or not hit is also 50/50. Just because spirit has a better power than most killers does not make her penalties or 110% ms easy to manage. Example: Compare her power to something braindead like freddy's or legion's and you'll see what i mean. Now, as i said before, legion's power is much worse than spirit's, but it is much easier to use.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677
    edited June 2020

I've been doing really good with clown now that I have his aim down and the right perks!

PGTW, BBQ, Nurses, and unrelenting.

He's one of my top killers now!

EDIT: He needs unrelenting because he has a short reach from his huge belly and tiny knife.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Legion. How are you supposed to play Killer when you picked Survivor?

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Huntress, Nurse and Billy easily. I can tear survivors to shreds with Deathslinger but if I play Huntress it's practically set in stone. Billy's flick is also extremely tough to master but also an amazing ability. And Nurse practically goes against the fundamentals of DBD so she's on her own level.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Nurse easily

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

NURSE 100%

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
  • Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

That doesn't make him hard to master. It just makes him hard to win with.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

So true. At quick glance that new rift outfit could be mistaken for meg with deathgarden mask.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Nothing to argue. Nurse is rediculious and totally not worth the effort.