I've mained Sabotage for 3 years, it's completely useless now

It takes too long to break a hook now, before it only took 0.5 seconds, now it takes 2.5 seconds. Prepping gave you the ability to deny the killer from camping, and forced them to give up pressure when played well

sabo baits are also dead as sabotage goes into cooldown even if you cancel it, and you cant use no mither to force gens completion, and you cant set up hooks by exit gates to stop end game collapse hooks, and you cant stop 3 gens as hooks regen too fast, and breakout doesnt give you enough distance to break a hook before the killer stops you, and the pickup times give you no time to even break the hook before the killer finishes and hits you

Every sabo build and setup has been removed, and the perk is completely useless. Hooks regenerate in 30 seconds and the perk has a 60 second cooldown meaning you cant even pre break hooks to lure the killer far away from a 3 gen or camp spot, as they regenerate too fast and cooldown too long

I understand that Sabotage was archaic and needed to be dumbed down but it does absolutely nothing now.

Even worse is that you didn't need a toolbox before, even with a Alex's hacksaw cutting wire, Breakout doesnt give you enough distance to break the hook before the killer hits you. Pre breaking is useless because you can only sabo a couple hooks before the new toolboxes give out

Ive used sabo for 600+ hours, spent years developing new strategies to push sabo to its limit, and all that has been thrown away because of a update. Ive spent 3 months trying to make new sabo work and im at my breaking point, can someone please tell me how to make this ######### work?

i dont understand what the devs were thinking, theres no strategy or skill or pre planning involved to new sabo. It doesnt do anything can someone please explain the logic behind gutting this mechanic?

Comments

• ViolentSh4de
    ViolentSh4de Member Posts: 71

There is no possible abuse, they removed sabo vacuum with the rework. Sabo baits i wouldnt even call abuse because it takes a full 2.5 second commit to make it work anyways

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2020

So for your clip, you could have done that sabo if you started it sooner and/or the killer didn't have Dying Light. Sabo itself is fine with a toolbox, but I agree the perk is just worthless.

Either Saboteur should sabo a hook in 1s or they should remove the cool down completely and have it give a toolbox sabo efficiency bonus of +X/Y/Z%.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

I weas referring to action spamming or something they found while testing? I only use sabo during daily or tome challneges, so I respect your opinion if you mained that perk, but it seems "sabo" game is done like old Freddy builds, things just change

• ViolentSh4de
    ViolentSh4de Member Posts: 71

If I did it any earlier the Yui wouldnt have been picked up and the killer would have downed me, also he has at best a 6% debuff with dying light

• OldWiseOne
    OldWiseOne Member Posts: 159

i mean if i can get random sabo saves with a brown toolbox i find in the trial im sure the perk can work just fine, afterall you cant always expect it to be easy or a 100% to be a save. having said that though some maps are far stronger for sabo saves just due to lack of hooks or objects between, it does need a cooldown though but should only go on cooldown when you sabo a hook

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

As silly as it sounds I like running it as a "free Boldness" perk with how close a hook typically is at most times. That's 500 Boldness every minute for a quick 2.5 second action meaning I don't have to go too far out of my way from a generator or take too much time with say finding and breaking a totem to get points.

Also maybe give the perk only half the cooldown if you stop or get interrupted while using it.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

When I was doing the Sabo challenge for the rift I probably broke 10 hooks that game just for the extra points.

• Peace
    Peace Member Posts: 164

No offense, but i think the killer would have made it easily to another hook, even if the sabo worked there.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2020

He didn't even see you, you could have started right when he stood over her and got it. Or even when he started the pickup animation. You waited until she was completely picked up to even start the sabo.

And a 6% DL debuff to Saboteur would be about +0.16s, which could have been enough to stop you. The bar was about 95% full. 2.66*0.95=2.527, and the game drops decimals after the second one which would make it a flat 2.5, which is how long the action would take without any debuffs. DL indeed stopped you from doing that hook.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Ok but just watching that clip you made a mistake by not goinh directly to the hook, had you done that you would have gotten it.

Its kind of pointless though unless you also body block and even then theyll probably still make it to a hook or slug

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

That's a bit dramatic... I find the current sabo way better than before since you don't need to waste half a match to prepare hooks. Doing that as a solo survivor was basically throwing the match for the remote chance of doing a sabo-save.

Also, I found the perk better than toolboxes since it's faster than most of them. It just needs to go on cooldown only after a full sabotage.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

👏👏

I am pretty tired of people saying sabo changes were a buff.

No survivor asked for those changes.

They're not faster when you consider that people who would sabo would take the time to 99 hooks and then could drop them in a split second.

It was a nerf. Right along with toolboxes. That's the reality.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

The perk is absolutely useless. If you wanna sabo reliably you have to use a toolbox.

Also I just wanna say I wish BHVR would make hooks spawn further apart because even if you do sabo the 1 hook, there's a pretty good chance another hook is right nearby anyway.

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

Personally, expecting to sabo a hook right next to where someone is downed seems a little broken to me and you almost had it too. If anyone gets downed that close to a hook you shouldn't be able to destroy it that fast. I've seen sabo work plenty of times in its current state and can still be quite the annoying perk.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Sabo Is good for swf, in solo is a nightmare

• Theetis
    Theetis Member Posts: 153

It doesn't help that you can often find three different hooks in a 25 meter radius on most of the maps either.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Isn't it currently better to use a toolbox instead of sabotage perk?

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

I just use the perk for auras. A toolbox is better in most situations when it comes to actually saboing.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Hook Sabotage as a mechanic can't be allowed to be good sense It can fundamentally break the game given that it can deny the killer the ability to hook and thus to do their objective to kill(People remember permanent sabotage and how much it broke the game).

This means Hook Sabotage as a mechanic that can't truly go anywhere simply because if its good then it break the game but if its bad then its completely useless.

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

I haven't used sabo that much and from what I can see in that clip if you had started the sabo earlier you probably could have gotten done. Granted the killer had dying light as well. I think the new sabo may be really difficult to pull off but that's how a perk that has the potential to stop a hooking should be. You need to be precise with your timing at when you start the sabo and when to just give up. Before sabo was way to powerful and really in need of a nerf. It can still be useful when used precisely you just got to learn to use the new sabo properly. People should not just expect a perk to do all the work for them especially one like I said before has potential to stop a hooking which can be detrimental for a killer.

I don't want to say this post comes from survivor entitlement but it's hard to think opposite. It's one of those things you should just try to get around by learning new techniques and new strategies. Look at the new ruin for example at first when it got nerfed people where in up and arms but now people have new builds and new strategies to use it. Yes it can be luck based if it gets destroyed early but that's similar to that killer having dying light unless you knew about that before you tried the sabo then you should have factored in that extra time it would take

• Cayde1342
    Cayde1342 Member Posts: 96

I think it's fine how it is

• Freddo_Bagginz
    Freddo_Bagginz Member Posts: 15

Survivor mains always complain about things that they can easily stop. If you 3 gen yourselves that's on you....

Agreed that sabatour (however you spell it) could do with a rework but it's not hard to just find an Alex's Toolbox in your bloodweb and use that with add ons. I find loads of them in my bloodweb and if you co-ordinate with your team well enough you can work on sabo easily. Camping is an issue and there needs to be a system put in place against it such as auto borrowed time or something. But Killers are very much underpowered at the moment and the new sabo system evens out the playing field very well. Of your not happy with it then find a new build that your happy with or learn flashlight saving. It's more affective and personally I find it easier than to sabo hooks

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,244

previously, what solo survivor did was they took a generator that was in the corner of the map, They'd 99 all the hooks around, than break all of them at once. At this point, you could work on generator and even if the killer came, you could just run in the corner of the map and he would be unable to hook you. Since your running unbreakable, the killer would have no real counter-play to the situation because his only option is to camp your body till hooks respawn or to leave the area where generator will inevitable be completed. It was lose-lose situation. if he camps, rest of team can freely complete every other generator on the map. Its just that nobody used sabotage actively in solo-queue because old toolboxs were so good at repairing generators that using it for sabotage was practically a waste.

Currently sabotage hooks only last 30 seconds and you need to use the hook offering that makes hook spawn further apart. If you try to sabotage a hook now, if the killer doesn't see another hook, they'll just drop survivor, hit sabotage player and by the time they return, the hook will respawn and they'll hook survivor anyway, so yeah they nerfed sabotage hard. you can use toolbox to make sabotage hooks faster and increase duration of destroyed hook to 45 seconds, but the perk itself is terrible. Sabotage for killer is like playing soccer where your opponent removes the goal net to score goals. I guess they thought it was unfun mechanic and they were afraid to make it omnipresent in every game.

• perezkarlo37
    perezkarlo37 Member Posts: 55

I think it would have been better if the devs just decreased hook timer reset instead of changing it. I have tried to use it many times only for the killer to get a free hit as it isn't only sabotaging the hook, but also to predict where is the killer going to hook. The old Sabo came with the price of the time, as you spent a big part of the match running from hook to hook and even with a reduced speed if I remember.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

This is most literally a case of gitting gud.

You are debating 2 seconds.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

I’m glad old sabo is gone. People trying to make it work would usually just end up wasting a whole lot of objective time plotting to deny one hook.

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320

I wouldn't mind seeing the hooks light up when a survivor is downed, instead of picked up. Gives more time.

• Ichi6
    Ichi6 Member Posts: 12

Not only that. But yui had leader. Which increases speed sabos.

• Ichi6
    Ichi6 Member Posts: 12

Reading about the old sabo. Feels like story time with my grandpa 😂😂

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
  • Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350

Also: they changed the wiggle progression (dropping a surv) from 33% to 25%, same patch.

I used sabo a lot after the rework, but honestly it wasnt really worth it after a while. Yes every few games I had a moment that it actually did smth, but most of the time they either drop the surv and wait for the hook respawn or there is literally a hook 8-12m away (hawkins).

The bonus boldness is pretty neat, but honestly most of my games I'm max boldness anyways.

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

I liked old sabo (perk) + toolboxes in the times when many said it is useless perk... but the old sabo gave you 2 min 30 sec of broken hook... 

So I could ran to the corner, sabo 2 99ed hooks on my way... and wiggle out from killer's grasp! 

The current sabo is useless. Not fun at all. 

• Smity
    Smity Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2020