End Game Collapse Changes

Options
Caleaha
Caleaha Member Posts: 90

Okay, so whoever decided to speed up the end game collapse time on the hook had a good idea but it's vexing as heck.

And it's not just end game it's also when all 4 survivors are on the hook.

If it's your 1st hook or you're running that perk where if you unhook someone you get that free unhook. Well, you no longer get either chance.

My friend is running that perk. He unhooked me, I got the door open and the Oni powered up and charged me. I gtfo as I've already been on the hook twice, so I'm out.

My friend was back unhooking a rando and he assumed that the other rando was on the other door cause he wasn't with me.

Long story short, nope. That rando just disconnected rather than contribute, while the rescue rando and my friend go to the door closer to them then head for the door that I opened.

Oni charges, gets him down, Claudette gtfo and I'm like you got this! He's hooked on the hook closest to the door and Oni meanders.

But my friend is denied his free unhook. He unhooked 2 of us and the end game collapse is supposed to speed up if there is 0 chance.

His free unhook is a 100% chance to escape and I think we get 0.4% or something. It's not a long time to wait for us to use our attempts to unhook ourselves.

I'm okay with the speed up of the struggle portion. But come on, we need our attempts.

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

This would need your friend to be hooked after the other person to deny it as it only negates the struggle phase and kills them instantly if everyone else is on the hook.

While they may have been able to escape the hook 100% with the perk the chances of escaping are less likely as this situation pre the change would have the killer just standing there waiting for it.

it would take a certain perk setup and be close enough to an open door for it to be worthwhile as any competent killer should easily down them and put them right back on that hook.

It's basically a qol change so everyone can just move onto another game.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

It's done so everyone can move along with their games faster if it was changed most survivors who don't have Deliverance or something like that will literally just sit on hook for a minute and make the killer wait

• Caleaha
    Caleaha Member Posts: 90
    Options

They should still let us unhook ourselves.

We don't get a suicide option when the killers down us and leave us to bleed out. We have to wait to die.

They should wait for us to try and unhook ourselves. We get points, they get points if they down and rehook us. Then we die fast.

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298
    Options

The killer would just sit at the hook to make sure, so unless it's just a bait for more eye roll shenanigans I don't see the point. I think that if the killer manages to get the final remaining survivor on a hook then it's free (whether it's first or last hook for the unlucky one). Think of it as the killer's 4% - the one time they get to put someone down and know they'll stay down, even though by that point it doesn't really matter.