If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Removing Killer Loadout Visibility Until the Game is Over

Options
Justice
Justice Member Posts: 60
edited May 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

This is a very obvious, very old, and very easy problem to fix. Killer loadouts (perks, addons and offerings) should not be visible until the last survivor is dead or has escaped.

Too many times many Killer's have been punished for being good, that is, sacrificing someone early. It's even more of a problem when you consider that the Killer will never know what perks/ addons the Survivors are running until the end game screen.

Devs, please remove the perk/ addon visibility until the game is over.

Please.

Thanks!

-Mike

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Only for SWF would be best. And only if your whole SWF team isn't dead yet.
    Solo players that die have the right to know what exactly killed them without having to watch the entire round.
    +1

• Justice
    Options

@Runiver said:
    Only for SWF would be best. And only if your whole SWF team isn't dead yet.
    Solo players that die have the right to know what exactly killed them without having to watch the entire round.
    +1

I agree 100%, but I didn't know how easy it would be for the game to differentiate between SWF and Solo's. But definitely yes.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

solos can still message other players. "NOED".... it should be invisible to everyone. if they're really interested, they'll wait....

• Justice
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    solos can still message other players. "NOED".... it should be invisible to everyone. if they're really interested, they'll wait....

Yes this is a problem. Regardless it needs to happen one way or the other.

• Axlegolas
    Axlegolas Member Posts: 43
    Options

as main swf i agree. it is somehow unfair and should be hidden till the end of a round

• Fropps
    Fropps Member Posts: 66
    Options

I doubt it's really that easy to fix. After all, they've been talking about this for at least 6 months. Regardless, they've spoken about being interested before. I really hope they fix this.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

Idk, can't base everything off of SWF. I don't wanna have to wait for the match to be over in order to see what the killer killed me with.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Brady said:
    Idk, can't base everything off of SWF. I don't wanna have to wait for the match to be over in order to see what the killer killed me with.

Actually , yes, you HAVE TO.
    SWF is a problem and it is breaking some of the games mechanics and should never have been in the game in the first place.
    Now we have it and it needs to be dealt with.
    It gives an unfair advantage and that needs to be removed.
    You can't just keep it, because some other want to see the stuff immediately.
    If a mechanic is abusable, it needs to be fixed.
    I like to point out how the killer Fov got screwed just to fix the lockerpeek issue.
    Some abused it and all killer had to pay the price for it.
    Why not the same for survivor?

• RepliCant
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

SWF is a problem and it is breaking some of the games mechanics and should never have been in the game in the first place.
    I like to point out how the killer Fov got screwed just to fix the lockerpeek issue.

You know how easy it is to tell which perks a killer has ingame?... Like I can probably with the first chase + hook know what perks you got. Lol. Having being told when someone dies what you got doesn't change much.

Anyway no, not everything can be. Seriously. And FOV got screwed? Wow, I wonder why Shadowborn and M&A exists...

• Wolf74
    Options

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

You know how easy it is to tell which perks a killer has ingame?... Like I can probably with the first chase + hook know what perks you got. Lol. Having being told when someone dies what you got doesn't change much.

Anyway no, not everything can be. Seriously. And FOV got screwed? Wow, I wonder why Shadowborn and M&A exists...

If it is "easy to tell", why do you need to see it?
    If you are such a smart guy, you don't need the endscreen telling you the perks.
    That way we do not have a problem, right?
    So no one can tell the remaining survivor the killer loadout.

And you seriously telling me that it is ok to screw something ingame as long as a perk for that exist?
    How about we reduce the survivors overall movement speed , because Sprint Burst exist?
    Your logic is really screwed up and you do not even try to hide your bias behind some logic.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Jesus ######### Christ just limit it to SWF groups.

No need to argue about something that's not even that impactful for solo players.

• RepliCant
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

If you are such a smart guy, you don't need the endscreen telling you the perks.

And you seriously telling me that it is ok to screw something ingame as long as a perk for that exist?
    How about we reduce the survivors overall movement speed , because Sprint Burst exist?
    Your logic is really screwed up and you do not even try to hide your bias behind some logic.

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

I'm just saying it's not that hard to tell with to begin with. Not disagreeing it isn't annoying or fair, but like, why's it such a problem when it's not hard to tell what it is ingame.

Yeah, a bit of bias in there. But there's a bit of bias coming from you too.

Not a bad idea to limit it to SWF. Maybe that'll solve your problem. I'm not waiting 15 minutes to confirm what you killed me with, that's just dumb. That's even more problematic because it messes up the entire end-screen menu. Like, what are you gonna do? How are you gonna show off the results of the rank + bloodpoints received + your fellow survivor perks? Explain a solution then than a suggestion with no suggestion to execute it. It's just simply you saying "Change this." How? Really, how?

And it's not like saying that. I'm just simply saying I wonder why Shadowborn and M&A exist? To increase FOV. Those perks are permanent too, SB is just simply 3 seconds of a burst of speed. Sooo, lol. I played killer, FOV is fine. It offers jukes to be allowed, which if you don't know already, are hard to pull off to begin with.

• Wolf74
    Options

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

I'm just saying it's not that hard to tell with to begin with. Not disagreeing it isn't annoying or fair, but like, why's it such a problem when it's not hard to tell what it is ingame.

Not a bad idea to limit it to SWF. Maybe that'll solve your problem. I'm not waiting 15 minutes to confirm what you killed me with, that's just dumb. That's even more problematic because it messes up the entire end-screen menu. Like, what are you gonna do? How are you gonna show off the results of the rank + bloodpoints received + your fellow survivor perks? Explain a solution then than a suggestion with no suggestion to execute it. It's just simply you saying "Change this." How? Really, how?

And it's not like saying that. I'm just simply saying I wonder why Shadowborn and M&A exist? To increase FOV. Those perks are permanent too, SB is just simply 3 seconds of a burst of speed. Sooo, lol. I played killer, FOV is fine. It offers jukes to be allowed, which if you don't know already, are hard to pull off to begin with.

1. Just because you think you have "the right" to see the loadout immediately, the killer should not complain if the dead tell the remaining survivor his loadout, right?
      He should just take the possible abuse and be done.
      Someone should accept being cheated just for your convenience?

And I am NOT a Dev, I don't need to explain "how" thinks should be. Feedback is just to tell the Devs what is wrong and needs a change. We as player don't have to have the solution for it.
    You are just looking for a cheap way to silence people.

1. If there is a certain size of something, like the FOV, and there are abilities to increase it's size percentagewise and you reduce the original size, you also reduce the effectiveness of the original ability.
      That's simple mathematics.
      You can't tell that it compensates, because the ORIGINAL values have been lowered.
      You can't tell people to just waste one of their precious perkslots just to undo a shadownerf!What kind of a screwed up logic is that?
      That's EXACTLY the same logic I used on your movement speed example, that you claimed to be absurd.

2. Just because some survivor main played some killer once and said "it's fine" is not an argument.
      The change of the FOV made jukes way easier as they should be. Sorry, that you have to show skill to execute them, but this is a 4vs1 game. The killer should usually WIN the 1on1s.

Fov is fine? The killer can't even see a survivor crouching in front of him without looking down and you think that is FINE?!?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Justice said:
    This is a very obvious, very old, and very easy problem to fix. Killer loadouts (perks, addons and offerings) should not be visible until the last survivor is dead or has escaped.

Too many times many Killer's have been punished for being good, that is, sacrificing someone early. It's even more of a problem when you consider that the Killer will never know what perks/ addons the Survivors are running until the end game screen.

Devs, please remove the perk/ addon visibility until the game is over.

Please.

Thanks!

-Mike

Simply create different gamemodes for SWF/solo. This is overdue anyway

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I agree, i never understood why they didn't hide the killers loadout until the game completely ended. It completely invalidates alot of killers perks that rely on stealth. Blood warden for example relies on the survivors not knowing of its existence. Its a perk that is supposed to take the survivors by surprise. With dead survivors able to tell their team that the killer has it, it completely invalids it because then the survivors can just leave before the killer can use it. Same goes for NOED. Easy to tell everyone in the game the killer has it before it even procs. Its ridiculous.

• RepliCant
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

1. Just because you think you have "the right" to see the loadout immediately, the killer should not complain if the dead tell the remaining survivor his loadout, right?

And I am NOT a Dev, I don't need to explain "how" thinks should be. Feedback is just to tell the Devs what is wrong and needs a change. We as player don't have to have the solution for it.

1. If there is a certain size of something, like the FOV, and there are abilities to increase it's size percentagewise and you reduce the original size, you also reduce the effectiveness of the original ability.
      You can't tell that it compensates, because the ORIGINAL values have been lowered.
      You can't tell people to just waste one of their precious perkslots just to undo a shadownerf!What kind of a screwed up logic is that?
      That's EXACTLY the same logic I used on your movement speed example, that you claimed to be absurd.

2. Just because some survivor main played some killer once and said "it's fine" is not an argument.
      The change of the FOV made jukes way easier as they should be. Sorry, that you have to show skill to execute them, but this is a 4vs1 game. The killer should usually WIN the 1on1s.

Fov is fine? The killer can't even see a survivor crouching in front of him without looking down and you think that is FINE?!?

1. Doesn't happen with solo survivors. Again, maybe limiting that option to SWF is fine, but with your suggestion the solution would end up not being allowed to leave the match until everybody has left / been sacrificed. What if the game continues on for an extra 10-15 minutes? You expect me to want to watch that? Just to see what I was killed with, hmmm.... And I'll repeat, how else are they going to show off fellow survivor perks and all the extra end-game stuff without making you wait so long. Don't think anybody wants to wait to begin with.

2. I see what you're saying; though, the way I see it, FOV received a nerf. I think you're the first one to even mention that complaint in so long. And let's be honest, it is fine. "I can't see someone crouching without looking down!", I mean, in real life being 6'3, which some killers are practically tall as #########, I have to look down to see people crouching too. Seems fine that you have to MOVE YOUR CAMERA, yeah, actually move it, to help see survivors. Wow, how dare you not have 100% view of every survivors stealth.
      And no, because it's different. Again, SB is not a permenant value. We do not run at 150% our speed for 100% the game. Your guys FOV is permanent, have you even used shadowborn? You know how counteractive it is to jukes? Let me guess, no, because you want your original fov back to not have to use a perk to help it.

There's mad entitlement going on, maybe even on my side. But the survivor should ALWAYS be able to outsmart the killer, just like the killer should ALWAYS be able to out-power the survivor. The killer, if against a skilled survivor, should not USUALLY WIN against a 1on1. The survivor should be able to outplay the killer with smarter tactics than a confrontational style of gameplay like we have now (i.e staying on gens til the killer comes, pallet looping, bodyblocks, etc.) There's a reason why I can be in Rank 1 and not use Self-Care and still double pip.

And because I played killer once? I'm Rank 12 on killer, not high ranks ,but played enough to have an opinion. These are both personalized opinions contradicting each other. I'm not trying to find "cheap ways to silence you", that's like playing victim now in this debate. I'm trying to tell you there's no positive way to execute this request without making it worse. I'm all for ######### with SWF and limiting it to that, but I'm allowed to stand for my opinions as a solo queuer. Just like how you are, which I'm assuming, as a killer.

I'm going to throw this out there: This game is balanced around solo players. 4 solo survivors VS. 1 solo killer. My games always end up fair play, because we don't exploit things as badly as SWF does. We don't exploit perks like bond, the hexes, and so forth. Stop trying to balance EVERYTHING, I mean, most killers want EVERYTHING balanced around SWF and it's going to end up hurting solo plays too badly. I agree with most nerfs, but this change just feels kinda dumb because you're mad they got told what you have, when btw, isn't hard to tell to begin with. It's not hard to tell if you have BBQ, Ruin, Nurse's, and whatever. Switching up a perfectly fine end-screen menu is just pointless.

• Wolf74
    Options

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Brady said:

1. Doesn't happen with solo survivors. Again, maybe limiting that option to SWF is fine, but with your suggestion the solution would end up not being allowed to leave the match until everybody has left / been sacrificed. What if the game continues on for an extra 10-15 minutes? You expect me to want to watch that? Just to see what I was killed with, hmmm.... And I'll repeat, how else are they going to show off fellow survivor perks and all the extra end-game stuff without making you wait so long. Don't think anybody wants to wait to begin with.

2. I see what you're saying; though, the way I see it, FOV received a nerf. I think you're the first one to even mention that complaint in so long. And let's be honest, it is fine. "I can't see someone crouching without looking down!", I mean, in real life being 6'3, which some killers are practically tall as [BAD WORD], I have to look down to see people crouching too. Seems fine that you have to MOVE YOUR CAMERA, yeah, actually move it, to help see survivors. Wow, how dare you not have 100% view of every survivors stealth.
      And no, because it's different. Again, SB is not a permenant value. We do not run at 150% our speed for 100% the game. Your guys FOV is permanent, have you even used shadowborn? You know how counteractive it is to jukes? Let me guess, no, because you want your original fov back to not have to use a perk to help it.

There's mad entitlement going on, maybe even on my side. But the survivor should ALWAYS be able to outsmart the killer, just like the killer should ALWAYS be able to out-power the survivor. The killer, if against a skilled survivor, should not USUALLY WIN against a 1on1. The survivor should be able to outplay the killer with smarter tactics than a confrontational style of gameplay like we have now (i.e staying on gens til the killer comes, pallet looping, bodyblocks, etc.) There's a reason why I can be in Rank 1 and not use Self-Care and still double pip.

And because I played killer once? I'm Rank 12 on killer, not high ranks ,but played enough to have an opinion. These are both personalized opinions contradicting each other. I'm not trying to find "cheap ways to silence you", that's like playing victim now in this debate. I'm trying to tell you there's no positive way to execute this request without making it worse. I'm all for [BAD WORD] with SWF and limiting it to that, but I'm allowed to stand for my opinions as a solo queuer. Just like how you are, which I'm assuming, as a killer.

I'm going to throw this out there: This game is balanced around solo players. 4 solo survivors VS. 1 solo killer. My games always end up fair play, because we don't exploit things as badly as SWF does. We don't exploit perks like bond, the hexes, and so forth. Stop trying to balance EVERYTHING, I mean, most killers want EVERYTHING balanced around SWF and it's going to end up hurting solo plays too badly. I agree with most nerfs, but this change just feels kinda dumb because you're mad they got told what you have, when btw, isn't hard to tell to begin with. It's not hard to tell if you have BBQ, Ruin, Nurse's, and whatever. Switching up a perfectly fine end-screen menu is just pointless.

1. Again: you want the killer to deal with possible abuse of a function, just because you can't wait to see the loadout?
      How about a "combat summary" that you can see later? (Like in World of Tanks)
      Remember, you do not need to be steam friends from the get go to send someone an invite and give him a shout about the killer running Noed or Blood warden.

2. I am glad you are starting to make real life comparisons, because in real life, even IF I am 6'3 and look straight forward I would NOTICE that person in front of me crouching. And before they screwed the Fov, I actually COULD see them. It was simply taken away from killer player. It's not something god given or that has always been. It was TAKEN.
      Don't talk any crap about "survivors stealth" if we are talking about someone sitting in front of the killer feet!
      And again sorry, but playing rank 12 is not really being a serious killer player. If you think the current Fov is fine, you most likely never played with the old one or you played so rarely that you cant tell the difference, this was a huge nerf and if you never heard any complains about it, you most likely spent most of your time in the reddit survivor echochamber.

3. You are ruining your own argument, dude. Yes, it is way more important if a PERMANENT value is decreased. So the reduction of the Fov is way worse than just a sprint speed reduction.

4. I should actually compare it to your base walking speed. Let's cut of 2% walking speed, because… hey, there is Speed Boost to compensate, right?
      That's YOUR logic.
      Why should I simply "accept" my nerfed Fov? Why should I be forced to spent a perk to get my original Fov back?
      Serious, that is just plain biased entitlement that you spit out there, you can't bring this crap up seriously.
      Killer already have to pick to many "mandatory" perks.

5. On this one we agree: the game is balanced around solo player.
      Unfortunately the survivor that did not care about balance forced this into the game and now we have to deal with that crap.
      Games NEED to be balanced about high skilled player instead of low skill noobs.
      That's what every other pvp game is doing. Sorry, but that is something that the survivor brought onto themselves. You can't keep a gamemode that gives one side an unfair advantage and still deny to balance around that.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Wolf74

Thatd just force the balance problems on solo, because OBVIOUSLY (not Belgium ironic, I’m being serious) it’s human nature that, if you choose to get shot, or the stranger get shot, that stranger is totally gonna get shot. I’m not saying that’s bad, it’s natural self preservation.

The way to balance killers and solo is to buff solo to have SWF style comms. With this they’d be equal strength to SWF, so both could be nerfed without gutting and making solo impossible.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    Options

I support this as SWF use it to know the killer perks if one dies. Like noed