What role did you play first?

Cheers
Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Simple as the title says. Did you play survivor or killer first?

What role did you play first? 115 votes

Survivor
65%
WeederickBossSeiko300InjiIhatelifeGHERBEARRULESCheersShrimpTwiggsLethalPugySpacingLlamasTheetisInnCognitoDimekanarchy753CashelP14Aven_FallenLapisInfernalisshreamentBoosted_DwightStinde 75 votes
Killer
31%
blue4zionTheRockstarKnightOMagic_ManOArashiNoHantaWalker_of_the_fog_96Dr_LoomisRaven014DetailedDetrimentanonymous31337MrsGhostfaceTunnelVisionEnderloganYTPlantCollectorGreentheNinjaLordRegalanimalmaknoname11223345GamekeeperAwkward_FiendCinnabon488 36 votes
I can't remember
3%
inbiergebadenSeaBass216Leroik_RedGalaxy134 4 votes

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Survivor

I P3 50d my Claudette before even touching killer because back then killer had very long queue times.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Killer

I belive it was Trapper.

• Icery
    Icery Member Posts: 199
    Killer

I played Trapper in my first match.

• Mang_Anwar
    Mang_Anwar Member Posts: 56
    Survivor

A friend suggested DBD to me 2 years ago, started playing 4 swf for weeks, teach me how to play. Now i am the only one still playing this game...

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Killer

My first game was with the trapper in the coldwind farm.

I only kill one survivor :(

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Killer

I began a Michael Myers main after a year or two, here I am now, nothing changed.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    Survivor

I played survivor first, because I had a lot of issues with my mouse at the time and felt like playing killer would make it really frustrating. Survivor on controller was the way to go for me.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Killer

I thought the Wraith looked cool.

He was not, however, cool enough to handle the Red Rank Survivors abusing a SWF glitch that matchmaked their group as if they were Rank 20s back during the abysmal state the game was in during the Howling Grounds Event. So after some games as Meg I kinda quit DBD until I learned the Lullaby for the Dark DLC had to be purchased for 0 dollars and 0 cents on PSN before you could use it.

Then it was Huntress time.

And it's never stopped being Huntress time.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Survivor

survivor... it was against old school Freddy... i didnt last long at all

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Killer

Technically I played Killer first. I first played a few rounds on my sister's account when visiting her, and because she's R1 Survivor and I had never played, she was like "you can go do stuff on my R15 Killer" so that I wouldn't depip her forever aha. I tried out Demo, Ghostface, Nurse, and Billy.

When I bought the game for myself and started playing, I played as Survivor for most of it and then slowly started playing some Killer again.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Survivor

I played as Dwight on my first match. It was an extremely smooth game, we were up against a Nurse who hardly used her blinks. No one died and we all escaped, and I think only one person was hooked. In a sense, I'm glad my first game went that way, cause I was so noob at everything and I was afraid of missing skill checks and screwing up my team, so I focused really hard and did my best. Good times.

• Byrd
    Byrd Member Posts: 47
    Survivor

Survivor, how ever I like to play a bit of both now a days.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Killer

First match I played was Myers, then Wraith, then I switched to Surv and played Nea because I thought Urban looked neat.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Survivor

I was that Baby Dwight that got into the struggle phase in their first hook.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Killer

First game was as Huntress. Loved the power that killer had at the time... still like the power when I play well.

• Whispers
    Whispers Member Posts: 5
    Killer

I started with killer and mained killer for awhile, then I took a break, came back and now I almost exclusively play survivor.

• BassTram
    BassTram Member Posts: 195
    Survivor

I got Jake to P3 and he's been my main ever since. Now though I try to play both sides evenly. I really love playing Deathslinger

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2020
    Survivor

I played a solid 150 hours (of consistently dying basically) in 2016 before I made a dedicated effort to dip a toe into the waters of killer.

I wouldn't have an official killer main until 3 years later when my favorite killer Ghostface finally made it into the game in 2019 though.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549
    Killer

Wraith at Macmillan. This was back just after Hag came out so no real functioning matchmaking, I got a bunch of mid rank people who just abused the ever living hell out of me because Wraith was weaker back then and I was little baby killer.

Now I’m able to do well in red ranks as Wraith, and am a red survivor as well...so it’s been a journey

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316
    Killer

Michael was the first one I played. First time I played it was on my friends account back when the Halloween dlc came out. Im a huge slasher and John carpenter fan so when I saw Myers as a playable character I knew the game would be good.

Uhh apart from the uh *ahem* bugs and such *cough cough*.

It's still an amazing game tho :)

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
    Survivor

I did my first trial as Nancy Wheeler, facing against the Plague at the MacMillan Estate. It was really intense, as it was my first time, despite watching other people play DbD for around a year and a half. Killer scared the hell out of me, but I managed to survive long enough to be third one to die lol. That was the beginning and back then I was more than convinced, that this game IS a horror after all.

• NateyBoi
    NateyBoi Member Posts: 315
    Killer

I chose killer because i was watching so many horror movies at the time, and the killers in the movies made me wanna use the killer role. I first used hag cus i knew nothing about the killers and I just chose a random one.

• ReisMiner
    ReisMiner Member Posts: 6
    Survivor

My first round in the game was playing survivor as Nea. Dont ask me why but I always was scared of playing killer. I guess it was because of the 1vs4 but now I mostly play Killer.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Killer

Trap daddy pulled me in, to the point I mained him before getting Mike Myers.

then I switched to survivor because it was so much easier

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Survivor

Played as Jake in dec 2016 against trapper... I died within first minute of the match XD

• CraftingSoup
    CraftingSoup Member Posts: 69
    Survivor

I remember playing survivor for a match, then queuing for killer, but switched back because it took so long to get in a lobby.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Survivor

I played survivor, I was too intimidated to start as killer. I didn't know what to do so I was too scared to go against 4 people (not knowing how inexperienced rank 20s were) on my own.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited June 2020
    Killer

I remember it vividly. I played Trapper on Mother’s Dwelling. I killed two survivors. They both were spamming me with messages as I continued to play, as I was chasing someone my app crashed, I was swarmed with messages claiming I rage quit. I haven’t experienced a group like that since then. The worst first impression ever LMAO, idk how I managed to keep playing.

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265
    Survivor

Meg. First killer? Nurse

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Survivor

I think some of the first videos I saw was from Tru3talent or Ochi and that made killer seem really complex and survivors just try to bully even the new killers so I just decided to stick with survivor for long time and rarely played killer. Now after about having 1k hours I can play killer pretty confidently and I don't even mind if my game sucks, flashlights and blendettes and teabagging. That happens sometimes I can only blame matchmaking for putting those people against ######### killers.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Killer

Unless you want to count the tutorials, killer was the side I played first.