The rarest generator in DBD

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Almost 1000 hours in this game and I've never seen a generator spawn there. It's a really strong tile, so I just assumed it was designed to never have a generator. I think there must be exactly one variation of The Game that has this.

Comments

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Yeah ive never seen it in there before

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

I remember seeing that generator many times when chapter 7 (saw) went on sale, but after chapter 10 (darkness among us) came out on the ptb, I stopped seeing that generator there.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I've seen that a couple of times

• monster89
    monster89 Member Posts: 147

In the swamp map, I've only seen it once where a gen spawned close to the corner by the big boat.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

I’ve seen it spawn in that room only once in my time playing DBD.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I've seen this a few times.

• bluedog1116
    bluedog1116 Member Posts: 27

Cool

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

This was a pretty common spawn back then, it just recently kinda stopped spawning there

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I didn't take a picture of it but I was on the swamp map. I was looking for totems when I saw one literally in the corner of the map pressed against the wall. I never knew they spawned there.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

That's awesome! Did you make a wish? :3

• sailormars
    sailormars Member Posts: 122

I just saw this one not too long ago. I hated it because that door that's open for you in the saw room was closed for me, so the only way out of that room was through one side or the drop down. It made it unsafe until you completed the generator and opened the gate.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Last time I seen that gen spawn was late 2018.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

THATS A GEN SPAWN!

I NEVER KNEW THAT HOLY HELL THAT IS RARE

• profaned
    profaned Member Posts: 55

Reminds me of when i saw a strange chest spawn in grim pantry where a chest was in the middle of some flat ground in an L shaped bend on the edge of the map, it was placed pretty weirdly too

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Speaking of rare generator spawns, am I the only one who never gets that generator at the top of the small pantry in Grim Pantry? Its always either the one towards the main pantry or the one towards the killer shack.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

I play snce just after this DLC came out and never ever found this, in 1600 hours. is this intended, and since whch update it's possible too find it?

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

@gatsby

This was quite a common gen spot in the first iteration of the game maps. Then they changed the tiles someday, removing many dead ends, and it seems this spot got removed or at least really rare. Now that I saw your pic, I realized that I myself haven't seen this particular gen in a long time :o.

@BabyCameron10

Yep, I had multiple occasions with two gens there, but that was some months ago. Guess it got patched out eventually.

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214

I love that gen, seen it a couple times. It's like spotting the Duck in LoL ;)

• Staffersson
    Staffersson Member Posts: 3

I spotted it first time yesterday and i have 650 hours so yeah it is rare

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936
    edited June 2020

@PigNRun I haven't had a generator spawn there in ages either! I always used to get one, but recently no.

Back to the original post, I used to see a generator spawn there a lot when that map initially came out, it's been a very rare spawn for me recently though, I've seen it once or twice but that's about it.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

I also played on The Game and it spawned up there a couple days ago. I was in awe cause I thought they had completely removed that spawn.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Didn't this generator spawn there pretty much everytime when the Pig chapter was new? I remember getting looped around that gen and everytime I switched directions trying to mindgame the survivor I chased quickly repaired the gen a little more hahaha...

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@BabyCameron10 Jesus, how much power do those lightbulbs need?!

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@BabyCameron10

The Haddonfield situation you posted was incredibly common during the Hallow Blight(?) event (the one with the flowers) as the flower objective would actually take generator spawn points. There were times when a match would have 3 generators pretty much touching one another.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I thought it couldn't spawn there because it was too close to the always present generator right below it.

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    edited June 2020

Wow, i never see these gens spawns.... and i had to search verrryyyy in the past to find a weird gen spawn

but even if i dont found a lot of weird spawns i found a lot of bugged gens:

i miss this one, wish they come back...

• DaleStars
    DaleStars Member Posts: 4

I've played a lot of Meat Plant, I've seen it maybe 1/6 times. Rare if you avoid the map but not so much when you have full nights devoted to one map.

• Kbot22
    Kbot22 Member Posts: 96

I am devotion 3 (I don't know what that is in hours because I am on PlayStation) and I have never seen this generator.

• Whispers
    Whispers Member Posts: 5

I've never seen this. That's nuts

• PsychoGiirl
    PsychoGiirl Member Posts: 3

Ahh, I saw that gen spawn a few days ago. So damn rare!!!

Because I haven't seen a gen spawn there before or after that match.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I've only seen that gen there once in my time playing dbd

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I've never seen that! That's so weird to look at lol