Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New players (PS4)

Bardock592
Bardock592 Member Posts: 108

What's up with new players I encountered a bill on my team who doesn't know how to run he kept on walking the whole match the poor sob?

Answers

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Did he have sprint burst?

• Bardock592
    Bardock592 Member Posts: 108

Nah man he didn't use the sprint button the whole match I had my eyes on him, now I'm scared for life

• wthwilliam
    wthwilliam Member Posts: 1

i dont want to sound dumb I just bought the game and bought the cursed legacy and demise of the faithful. Any tips on using those killers and the survivors because so far ive been unsuccessful and either everyone escapes or i get like 1 hook.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

Are you on the PS4, if so I will be willing to coach you if you like (As long as you're over 18)?

Have you played the tutorials yet, they give you a basic understanding of the killer mechanics?

These videos may be old but most of it's relevant on DBD structures and how to deal with common loops.

Structure video by Ohtofu:

Painreliever video on how to deal with common loops:

If you skip to 4:14 in Painreliever video, a lot of new killers and some experienced killers often waste too much time trying to change direction on safe filler pallet loops (debris loops). This often causes the killer to waste so much time at the filler pallet without the survivor having to even drop the pallet. It sometimes works if the survivor isn't paying attention, but as mentioned in Painreliever's video it's best to just run it normally as killer (in my opinion).

Getting pallet stunned isn't a bad thing, as killer you want survivors to use up the good pallets as early as possible. Respecting pallets will allow survivors to continue using that pallet for longer. If you improve your timing you can hit the survivor as they drop the pallet.

At rank 20 most survivors you'll play against will be new as well (unless they're smurfs). However, it's best not to waste too much time chasing a good looper, you should focus on the weaker survivors that don't know how to loop. You can tell from the get go whether a survivor is good looper or not by their movement (this comes with experience).

Camping and tunneling are often bad strategies, you'll often throw the game by doing these strategies as you're wasting too much time on one survivor allowing the other survivors to work on the generators without any pressure. Also with tunneling you run the risk of being hit with DS, as you rank up you can't afford to take a DS stun.