i quit, and you should too

the killer experience at rank one is stressful at its best and just dreadful at its worst. I have heard many killer main streamers/youtubers complain of the same fact. Its just not worth sweating your ass off ever game just to have a chance and im done with it.

I have lost all hope that these devs have any clue how to fix their game and im sick of SWF groups roaming around in a game that was clearly balanced around solo que. I was looking forward to the balancing map changes and im saddened to see that only the most obvious of issues was even looked at. This leads me to think that the balance team of DBD plays and balances around what feels right for low skill solo players. Ruin was nerfed into oblivion entirely because new players understandably couldn't hit that skillcheck, so the devs removed it. Even though at high ranks it only gave the killer a sliver of respite from gens flying. Pretty good job so far.

DBD is a great idea, ruined by incompetence. And I don't think its going to get better anymore. Anyone in a similar situation to me and is fed up with this nonsense, go play Escape from Tarkov. Its a game that can crank the intensity to 11 like dbd, but made by devs who actually care.

Comments

• Loner
    Loner Member Posts: 139

If you have a problem with having to sweat to win,use moris. Just like I said on alot of other posts,they exist for a reason. To make ur game experience easier/better. However would you like to put it. If you don't like to use moris,then you'd just have to bare with the "sweating" and whatever not that you see as a problem. I like this line tho, DBD is a great idea, ruined by incompetence. Having to use moris to win in certain situations is kind of #########,but it is how it is. Either deal with it or quit. Although most people who make posts like this come back sooner or later,seen it alot of times by now.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,703

Nah, I quite enjoy red ranks as killer and survivor both. I play in a 2-man with my buddy for survivor and have a quite a lot of fun messing around and just playing.

As killer, I tend to win the majority of my games with the games I do lose being my fault or I was simply outplayed just enough which is perfectly fine. Sometimes people are better than you at the video game and that is okay. I've ran into I think 1 team or so where I thought "There was no chance in hell I could have won this game no matter what I did." I think the issue is that people just need to be put with others more there skill level. Just because you're in red ranks doesn't mean you're a red rank player after all and that right there is the problem. Hopefully the MMR system will fix this.

I also think people blow SWF way out of proportion. Most SWF groups aren't all that great and are just people playing the game that know how to play the game. Those super death squads are 1-in-a-1000 and people do not face them every game no matter how much they think they do. If you do happen to actually face them every game then you should probably go buy a lottery ticket with that kind of luck.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

For all the games flaws, I always come back to it. I really like this game. While it isn't perfect by any means at all. They have attempted to improve the game over the years and they deserve at least a bit of credit for that.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Why are there 2 different threads from 2 different peoole with the same content?

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

Agenda part 2

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Shhhh.. the attention grabbing isn't ment to be this obvious.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

See you in a week

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,725

I've sank 1.2k hours on PC and 300 hours on Switch into DBD. I've spent so much money on this game. I've met friends, strengthened friendships, had laughs, had romance, all because of people I've met through playing this game (for example I met a streamer and ended up becoming great friends with one of his regulars). This game still brings me joy, on both sides of the coin, and recently I upgraded my pc (which, btw, rainbow ram, I love it) just to play this game better.

Don't tell people to quit because you're not having fun. If you want to leave, fine, go for it. Don't ruin everyone else's experience because yours is sub-optimal.

Oh, also, rank 1 wraith without add-ons is actually really fun, give it a shot :p

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

This is Litrally a exact copy of another recently created thread

• Loner

This post was created 32 mins before the other one. Kind of sad,I honestly think people just want upvotes,or some kind of empathy with these kinds of posts.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Lmao are the escape from tarkov devs shilling their game this way? Lol

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

And stop Ghost Face, Pig and Legion from spooking and stabbing helpless survivors? No way! DbD is my fav!

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

Killer is only as stressful as you let it be. If you or anyone gets that stressed over what is literally a party game, you have a problem.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Maybe you just dont belong to redranks. So bye. And dont keep playing, like you will do.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

The thing I hate about killer is the inconsistency. It feels like every time I put on a meme or fun build I get a party of reds when my killer is like rank 13. Then I get clobbered and they say GG EZ. Then i switch to my real build on my real killer and crush the next group I come across. Only to learn that group was actually new players and I feel like a jerk for beating the ######### out of them. I don't want to have to try my hardest every single match to stand a chance at winning. Since the MM is #@$%ed I can get reds at literally any rank now. So no matter how long a break I take, I can come back to R1s.

• Hero_awesome
    Hero_awesome Member Posts: 301

I upvoted. I completely agree I put a post asking everyone how to have more fun in the game because it isn't fun like it used to be. DBD is still a decent game AT TIMES. It's just so far and few in between. So taking another break be back in a month or two. Maybe the Dev's will have something new.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

u have a point, going agaisnt 4 man communicated with micros is indeed very unbalanced, if they are 4 good individuals is gg, there is nothing u can do to win unless u are a god spirit or nurse, there is literally 0 you could have done and is stresfull indeed still u can looby dodge everytime u see a 4 man or pick an ebony, devs will notice eventually it may take years as usually it takes to them to realize about stuff but eventually.

• NICK714
    NICK714 Member Posts: 173

i am killer rank 1, and ...... no , this game is too easy xD

• Loner

Very loyal player I see,supporting someone telling people to switch to Tarkov.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

Welp...more red rank survivors for me.

• Loner

That chat message intrigued me. I experienced that before myself,when I heard a hatchet hit something else,but I got hit aswell somehow.

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

The epitome of killer entitlement right here. Take a photo.

• LordGlint

Things like that are all survivor side. Typically the crazy hits that survivors complain about look completely normal to the killer doing it.

• Loner

Hopefully all of that will look better when they bring those server sided hits to us.

• Jack_TheJolteon
    Jack_TheJolteon Member Posts: 128

Completely disagree. From the games i've been getting (You can also see the survivors i get at Rank 1 on my YT and Twitch) The worst you can get a rank 1 survivors that shouldnt belong in red ranks. I dont like the fact you tell others to quit because you did. No game is perfect. Dbd surely isnt. But that doesnt give you the right to tell others to quit playing it as the Devs are working to try to make the game as great as possible. Over the years they definitely improved. But they still have their cons. Every game does. Dont tell others to quit a game because they could love it much more than you do

• Jack_TheJolteon

Ive has lobbies like these. They really arent that difficult

• Jack_TheJolteon

I like your killer selections. I personally use Huntress and Myers. And maybe Pyramid Head when he comes out

• LordGlint

Was just my most recent screenshot is all, lol. Figured was a good example that red ranks isnt nearly as impossible and many ppl like to claim...like OP here.

• LordGlint

For sure. I mostly play killer, but Ive been doin some survivor games lately for tome challenges. Had a moment the other day where a hatchet hit after I ran behind a wall and I'm like "WHAT THE...OH...thats what theyve been talkin bout..."

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Yeah that is true, i have played both against and with red rank survivors. Not all of them are gods. Some of them act like they still belong in rank 20.

Yep and that is how the term getting dedicated was born.

• MyersRulz
    MyersRulz Member Posts: 90

Imo the mindset that some people have with this game (that being that some people find this game "competitive") directly correlates with the frustration they encounter playing at higher ranks.

Since this game has a very low skill ceiling is very easy to be decent and perfom well at lower ranks, making you feel that you are very good at the game. The fact that you can just get to red ranks just by playing regularly makes me think that some people believe that they are top % players just by being on red ranks (and we all know that ranks dont really represent skill) so whenever they find a decently coordinated group of survivors that stomps them they feel entitled to that win thinking that they lost only because of balance issues or SWF.

Dont get me wrong i do believe that the game need some balance, but compared to what it used to be i think that we are in a decent spot balance wise.

As some already said, people shouldnt take matches so seriously, sometimes it makes me think that people thing they are playing a ranked match on CSGO or LoL.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

Thanks! Yours are pretty sweet too! They're my main squad! Pyramid Head is definitely gonna be a part of my roster too!

• ToppingPanic
    ToppingPanic Member Posts: 77

Killer is easy, stop being a baby. Nobody who "quits" writes a novel about quitting. You're just venting about a bad game or two.

• 5thPerkSlot
    5thPerkSlot Member Posts: 395

DDB innovates nothing! it is time to add new game modes, objectives, items, rewards, champs... innovate and risk something!!

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

Okay bye? And no im not leaving

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

Haha..."playing doctor and freddy" are annoying killer mechanics that killers exploit. Get out of here. Just because people choose killers you dont like doesnt mean it's being exploited. By that same argument, i could say that survivors who all pick the same meta build every match are boring and annoying. Both arguments are dumb.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I have been enlightened in dbd recently by Scott Jund, who made a video about toxicity and how stupid it is and how you shouldn't care about it, I have tons of fun playing killer now, and I feel much more confident playing the game then before, sure there are tons of problems like survivor perks, matchmaking, keys and maps, but I am currently having a lot of fun. I take breaks sometimes from the game and when I come back a week later, I have a lot of fun.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Funny how just because you don't enjoy the game, you're trying to convince other people to quit that enjoy the game. Lol.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,180

You don't have to sweat at rank 1. But you do have to be fundamentally sound if you don't want to sweat. For example, 90% of the Forever Freddies I run into have no idea how to actually run a jungle gym or L wall/T wall.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2020

"the killer experience at rank one is stressful"

if you have to maintain rank 1 to enjoy this game youre doin it wrong. The moment you stop caring about your rank, you can begin to experience fun again LOL