Custom icons

Options

I know a lot of content creators use custom icons and they're pretty cool. Downside is it's a PC only thing and worse you have to change game files to get them. I don't know if that's bannable or not but I assume it could be? Anyways, my question is, do you think there would ever be a chance the devs themselves make different style icons we can purchase or earn somehow? Would people even want that? It would also allow console users to get it on it too. I know I would be all for it. Just something I was thinking about while watching a YouTube video. I'd like to hear your opinions.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Could happen.

The last change to icons was years ago though, and it was the removal of 2 colors, rather than any sort of addition.

• CANxOFxCORN
    CANxOFxCORN Member Posts: 204
    Options

I would legit buy them if they looked cool, imagine multiple options, great idea, you could buy like a randomized pack for like $5 for 10 random or like $1 each for specific, just shooting ideas. On top of that, i imagine it wouldn't be too hard for the artwork department to make.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

They could, I can’t see it as a purchase though. Maybe as a reward for the rift? Like at a certain tier the reward would be a style perk pack? (Black and white, glowing, neon, bloody, etc.)

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134
    Options

Purchased or earned either way would be fine with me. I just think it'd be cool to have. Maybe if this post gets enough attention they will see it and at least think about it 😂

• CANxOFxCORN
    CANxOFxCORN Member Posts: 204
    Options

I mean im on pc and could edit the game files to get whatever i want, but dont want to risk EAC

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134
    Options

Right, that's what I was saying. It'd be nice to be able to have nice icons without risking being banned wouldn't it?