killer mains please gimme your opinions

thottiepippen
thottiepippen Member Posts: 98
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

I am a survivor main, but I do play killer a bit too.

As a survivor, here's my definition of absolutely legal yet scummy:

Huntress: Hook, reload, sit 50 feet from a hook and launch hatchets non stop (fridge hitbox gg's)

Bubba: Sit 50 feet away run back with chainsaw revving and try to mow down two people

Hag: 15 traps on every hook

Freddie: Do loops in a 50 foot radius around hook even though you can move around the map

If people do this after the gens are down, I don't think it's scummy at all. I think the end game is fair game for any playstyle: camp, tunnel, sit on hooks do whatever. If people think a SWF is playing disrespectful, all norms are out the window as well IMO. If you act like a 14 yr old, get wrecked.

The funny thing when people get called out for it they say:

Get gud

I don't care

I'm not here to have fun

How the ######### are you red / purp

Edited for clarity: I watch all the main youtube killers. They will patrol and force a hit out of the person unhooking. It's a legit strat. Is it fun, or do you feel you absolutely have to do this to get 3k / 4k ? Even with CI, pop, ruin etc? I am asking in the context of your average survivor team not SWF. I see people doing this with 4 or 5 gens still up at the 7-10 minute mark. Do you really have to play that sweaty? There is a high probability you are going to win.

Post edited by thottiepippen on

Comments

• thottiepippen
    edited June 2020

So recently, I've seen Scott, Jaee, umbra, Tru3talent, otz do it in a lot of their matches...those are fairly large youtubers, no?

• thottiepippen

Fair point. I guess you know when you are surrounded by 3 sailor steves with flashlights? :)

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

You could have also said you hate camping, it would make the post shorter.

I dont like the playstyle either only after the gens are done.

HOWEVER, i also camp when i know during the game survivors are way to altruistic. Camping is the biggest counter to altruistic survivors. So if you see survivors going for the safe thanks to aura reading perks no survivors are doing the gens so the best strategy is to camp.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Not a killer main. But I've noticed the amount of proxy campers seems to have increased. I'm like bruh don't you get board running in a circle around me? This ######### ain't Nascar.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2020

So post videos of "all" youtubers doing all the above,.... you cant. Show me the vids that prove "all youtubers who play huntress hook camp"

you cant, because its not true.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I can't comment on anyone but Otz and Scott, but generally what they're doing is checking the areas survivors are likely to be that were close to the hook. It's not as though they're just standing there waiting for an attempted save, but instead are going "ok, check this gen, check that gen, the next gen I want to check is on the other side of the hook so I have to pass by it..." It's not camping if you're patrolling areas that the survivors could be putting pressure on that also happens to be near the hook.

Using my Wraith play as an example: I use thrilling tremors and Make your Choice all the time on him. If TT tells me that a gen is being worked on, I'm beelining over there. If it's on cooldown still or if all gens got blocked, I patrol in a rough circle so that MYC is active looking for anyone to interrupt. If the save happens before I find someone in either case, it's objectively a bad choice to ignore that and try to find someone else, I'm coming back for the MYC target. I've had people accuse me of camping with this strategy because to them it looks like I'm just waiting for the save for EZ downs, but in truth I just didn't find anyone else and the point of saving has now become my best option to apply pressure.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

So what youre complaining about is proxy camping. Sometimes its a bad call, sometimes its a good call, just depends on the scenario. In either case, if youre red or purple by now you should understand its just a strategy that can be good or bad just like pallet looping. Pallet looping legion, good. Pallet looping snare freddy while youre asleep, bad. You do need to get over it, your messages wont change a killers behaviour

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298

It's a min/max strategy that crops up once everybody knows the score. Killers can't do anything except show/chase/hook. They get their advantage once survivors start dying.

Tunneling and camping are just doing "too much" of the only thing killers can do. If they had other, equally productive ways to affect the outcome of the match, you'd see less of it. Unfortunately, with the level of second chance perks that survivors can load up on, chasing is usually a win/win for survivors at this point unless the killer gets a down.

• Dead_by_Gadfly

You could have fooled me with the amount of circles survivors run around pallets. I absolutely thought this wss nascar simulator

• thrawn3054

If the dev's had given survivors anything else to protect themselves looping wouldn't be needed. Makes me want to play F13 again.

• Dead_by_Gadfly

Im not complaining about looping, just saying i see survivors running in circles a lot and have always called it nascar so it was funny you mentioned it

I loved f13, but i used to loop tge killer in that too. Run to cabin, wait till hes close, dive through safe window, gain distance to next safe window, rinse repeat back and forth. I use to hit 20 mins a lot.

• thrawn3054

That's why I miss pre Rage buff F13. You could fight back. It was much more fun.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Both that Huntress and Hag would be easy to play around to get the unhook. And if they're wasting their time after hooking, that actually makes it easier on survivors who don't hook bomb like they shouldn't be doing in the first place.

50 ft is actually enough distance from Bubba to get an unhook and get away. I assume you mean a bit closer. There's not really much you can do against him to get the unhook if he's hard camping. Once you figure out what he's doing, just do gens as fast as possible and ignore the hook unless you have reason to believe he's left. It's an annoying playstyle, but those people can only go up in rank if you let them and once you get higher, you won't get them since that tactic only leads to depips against good sruvivors.

Freddy patrolling the hook isn't going to be that much different than any killer patrolling the hook. Work on gens if you know what he's doing. But that distance is enough to get an unhook which should really only be done right before the hooked survivor is about to go into the next stage. If he's using his time near the hook, abuse it as much as possible which means you have about 20 seconds free before you need to worry about the hook stage progressing. This tactic is good against hook bombing, but bad against gen rushing.

• JustCats

They have other things they can do, but there's nothing as effective as looping when it comes to advancing their objective.

Scratchmarks need to be severely reduced and escaping a chase needs to be encouraged more than maintaining one, the way it is now.

• thottiepippen

No, that wasn't what I said. I said I see YTer 'proxy camping' often.

• thottiepippen

This is exactly the kind of response I was looking for. Thank you for your input.

• thottiepippen

Yup, I just say gg's or click continue. I try not to argue with people in the post chat.

• thottiepippen

This is really good point. I think that's why I've tried to really change my play around unhooking my team mates... No running straight at the hooks. Taking my time, let the killer lose time / get off the hook, and then go in for it.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
    edited June 2020

The way you talk about it makes me think that you didn't actually watch that much of mentioned streamers.

Agressive camping/tunneling and checking the places where you know for a fact the survivors must be are two different situations. First one is a weak strategy, the second one is simply a smart thing to do. Streamers you mentioned don't tend to avoid fairplay (and if you watched at least one full stream of theirs, you should know that), they just know how the game works and how both sides (survivors and killers) are thinking, so they do the most of this knowledge and select the most viable option at the moment. If they tunnel, then they either need an immediate pressure or the survivor that's being tunneled is running towards them non-stop - they don't tunnel on purpose every match just for the sake of it so they can get easy early kill (well, Scott, Otz, Tru3 and Jaee do not; I don't watch Umbra, so can't say for her, though I'm sure she doesn't do that too).

Also, not a single Hag main puts more than 1-2 traps around the hook, putting "15 traps" is simply a braindead tactic. You can watch Michi, for example, if you want to see an adequate Hag-main plays.

And mowing down two people near the hook is one of the most adequate and smart things you can do as Bubba. Once again, though, streamers you mentioned don't just wait near the hook for the saviour-survivor on purpose to get two people killed. They patrol the perimeter, because they know that wasting time like that will give them nothing but a loss. And if during their patrol they see the process of unhooking in front of them - they turn on the chainsaw, because that's basically a free hit, so why shouldn't they?

• thottiepippen

When I have good team mates, this behavior gets punished pretty hard. In the past, I have been way too altruistic thinking my team mates would talk ######### post match if I didn't. Now, I am much more gen and heal focused. The outcomes have improved as well.

• thottiepippen

I think the thing I see with a lot of killer main streamers / yters is that they are going to get a hit on the unhooker a high % of the time. I am completely fine with that, but in solo, it's just brutal af to deal with.

• thrawn3054

Unfortunately if the killer is good you're not going to lose them.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

Well, hitting the unhooked one right away is unfair (plus, they could have BT on them, so you'll usually just waste time by doing so). And just waiting there and doing nothing is stupid and inefficient. So yeah, they tend to go after the unhooker. That's one of the reasons why as a survivor it is way better to unhook when you know for a fact that killer isn't near you.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2020

Your words, not mine:

"I watch all the main youtube killers. They all do this in the majority of their matches."

You claimed all huntress in majority of matches, hook someone and then stand there with axe ready, that is simply not true. You can try and spin it how you want, but using terms like "all" and "majority" prove you have no clue what you are talking about as a survivor main, you probably confusing "patroling" with camping.

• JustCats
    edited June 2020

@thrawn3054 That's why the rest of the post says that scratchmarks need to go and methods to escape chases need to be introduced at the same time you give killers the ability to do something other than show, chase, hook to be productive. Right now, no, if a killer tunnels you they have you forever and it's just a matter of time. Which is why it's low-rent NASCAR/Looney Tunes and not horror movie monster - the incentive is to maintain the chase as long as you can to waste as much time as possible, for the survivor, and to end the chase ASAP or lose the game for the killer.

This is not a very scary or tense dynamic. I'm not about buffing killers to make them stronger or auto-4k, I'm about rebalancing the dynamic to make them scary. If it was at least as valuable to not be seen or to escape a chase as soon as possible, while a killer could work towards their objective without needing a 100% successful chase, then there'd be less camping/tunneling and overall scummy behavior in general.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Sometimes I leave a hook to find a survivor in the distance running for the hook. I go to intercept but sometimes I don’t catch up to them until they reached the hook. This scenario needs a name because it’s not camping.

• LordRegal

I call those altruism lemmings personally. If you're hook rushing regardless of the clear and present danger, you've decided that those 1000-1500 points are more important than being intelligent and overall progressing your team to victory, since you're going on that hook yourself now and your team is worse off than before with an injured, recently unhooked person, you on hook, and your team down another hook state.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
  • NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I play fair mostly. I aim for good plays, not BP, rank or kills.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

why would i as a killer give up on a hook when i know someone is around?

like, why would all these big content creators give up on hooks when they know someone is around? and why wouldnt they return when someone pulls off their mate within their direct proximity? their job is to kill the survivors, so when these do stupid plays they can - and should - punish them for it.

and if your answer is that "every content creator just camps their prey without any proof of someone around" that would be a flat out lie.

• thottiepippen

I apologize for being unclear. I edited the post. I think the point I was ultimately trying to make was they will force a hit on most people trying to unhook someone.

• thottiepippen

I completely understand the point. My point with content creators was that they punish people unhooking a lot. I didn't say camp. I guess I am no longer ignorant that I should be expecting this every time I feel altruistic.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

its because the unhookers didnt give them time to leave the hook area.

they wont drop a chase just to return to the hook, though if they arent mid chase thats the only clue they have as to where survivors are at.

you dont have the time to not be chasing someone down at all times, as you are rushing against the clock as killer. on top of that you force the injured survivor to run away and heal up, while simultaneously chasing down the uninjured guy - that stalls the game even further.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Your Freddie reason i don't find very scummy, because if a survivor is near the hook, you can apply much needed pressure, and it isn't very scummy. I agree on hag, players that put over 2 traps in front or at the sides of hooks are mostly bad at hag. I disagree on Bubba since 50 feet isn't that bad, and if he is that far away, he won't get the 2 downs. I agree with you on huntress, since hitting on hook or throwing hatchets at the hook is just scummy. Those are my opinions. I don't see much killer mains who slug for the 4k, even the really devoted players like ScottJund don't even slug for the 4k and just count a 3k with hatch escape as a 4k.

• LordRegal

There's a difference between being altruistic and being altruistic without information though. If survivor #2 takes a hit and you don't know where that was, then it's almost certainly a safe chance to rescue #1 if you're by them. If the killer beelines back at that point they chose to abandon the chase they had in favor of pressuring the hook - still not scummy, but it's less likely I find, especially in my own gameplay. Even if MYC is up, that gives me three survivors now I could down in one hit, so I prefer to finish the chase I got into before the unhook and then try to find the MYC after person 2 is hooked.

If you have no information on where the killer is, then it's safe to assume a rescue could go south in an instant, especially if they have a way to hide their TR or have mobility. Planning ahead in those situations helps a lot.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Both main but:

Huntress: yeah kinda

Hag: that's more of a noob move than a scummy one

Bubba: 50ft? I'm pleasantly surprised when a bubba goes 50cm away after hooking me

Freddy: don't really understand what this means

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118
    edited June 2020

I don't see what you say as often as you do. Mind you, I play Rank 1 on both but I'm Killer main. So I'm going to go down and dissect a little bit of what you said. And a disclaimer, 50 feet is 15-16 meters which might as well be up in your face. So your complaint is face camping, not proxy camping.

Huntress: If a Huntress is sitting right there in your face, throwing hatchets at you constantly. Sounds pretty toxic or that you did something to PO the Killer.

Bubba: It is typical for Bubba's at any rank to face camp. Not really surprising.

Hag: That is what her traps are designed for..? To catch unsuspecting prey during mid-chases or in the midst of altruistic actions. I don't see what the issue is there.

Freddy: Probably sees someone in the area or just a really bad Freddy if he's face camping you.

Going off your edit for clarity, I'm going to be honest and say I don't watch Streamers or Youtubers on this game. I play my own way and have played with other Killers. And my experience is typically different. Yes, Killers will patrol after hooking someone. If I looped about 2-4 gens and have found no one by that time, I'm swinging by the hook to check to see if anyone has come to save the hooked Survivor yet. You would be dumb not too at that point. You as a Survivor are not obligated to get 3 hooks in a game. If that was the case, there would be no point to the timer while being on hook. I also don't understand how having slow down perks is going to change that situation. What does Corrupt Intervention have to do with you being on hook? In fact, what says a Killer has to have those perks?

It's not about "playing sweaty". It's the fact that you got outplayed. Anyone can bounce back from those situations of a "proxy camp". Mind you, I don't know the exact definition of Proxy Camp. But I assume it's when a Killer is still near the area or walks by the hook every now and then during a patrol. Just because a Killer wins doesn't mean it's sweaty play. It just means you made a mistake, and you lost.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Sounds like you want the killer to walk to the other side of the map and wait for a rescue.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't know what to give an opinion on.

If it's scummy or not?

It probably is.

A Killer's allowed to do that though, within the game's rules that is.

• thottiepippen
    edited June 2020

I don't really take the entitlement attitude. I don't run sweaty builds. So no, I don't want free hooks. I think I am going to let people die on hook more often now. It seems that is what a % of killers are truly after anyway. It's a mori without the perceived salt.

• uBoluCha
    uBoluCha Member Posts: 121

well i think that's how you give pressure while protecting your hook but tbh i've never do that i'm just hitting everyone i see