Bubba and Claudette.

Options
2»

Comments

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

People complain about Bubba wearing Claudette's face because people assume it's blackface which is a thing that happened in the early 1900s.

If you were to paint your face yellow to represent a Asian person it wouldn't be offensive, you'll just look stupid. But if you were to paint your face black to represent a African American, it'll come off as offensive and you'll get hate.

Basically I'm saying if you were to cover your face in any color to represent a certain group of people it won't really be offensive unless they're Black.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Wow, there are actually people saying this who don't appear to be trolling/baiting. I'm honestly surprised.

Still, if you read the threads (or at least the one you actually linked to from all the way back in 2018), the vast majority of people are disagreeing with the OP. I skimmed through it a bit and I think I saw maybe a handful of people either agreeing outright or being unsure about the subject. That's certainly not "many people" and doesn't warrant all the threads that come up on the subject.

There are more threads and comments asking for the Wraith to not be invisible, just for the record, yet nobody makes a big deal out of that.

• Sunri
    Sunri Member Posts: 100
    Options

Racism exist only against blackpeople? 😴

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    Options

Wasn't offense cause he was an Asian guy? Asians went through the same, if not worse than african americans did. Regardless - intent is everything. People need to stop looking at something like a costume of a specific character and calling it racist. I think even with "blackface" a clear line needs to be drawn. For example - Jimmy Fallon. Twitter wokenerds tried to get him "canceled" because he wore "blackface" on SNL 20 years ago. Most of them knew Jimmy Fallon is about as far as you can get from racist and that it would never work...but the fact that they tried is nonsense. He didn't wear blackface. He wore a costume of a specific character/person.

There is a difference.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I tried to reason with the OP in one of those posts. He was dead set that it was blackface and racist.

Some people just wont change their minds.

I see it as hes wearing a mask. Nobody would complain (I hope) if they saw a white person wearing an Obama mask.

Now if leatherface took out some shoepolish and painted his face i would see the point. But a mask? No way.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2020
    Options

no state has stopped anyone from entering, you must read some conspiracy web sites. States cannot stop you from traveling. You said Texas banned the director from livingt there, nowhere can I find anyone else who ever said that happened,.... but back to the right to travel. Americans have the right to go anywhere in the US and no state can stop you, this is Constitutional Law 101 https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution-conan/amendment-14/section-1/the-right-to-travel

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

Requesting Black Bubba who is racist if he wears white face.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Isn't he literally wearing a face over his own because he's fugly or something?

I would definitely complain and call the police if I saw anyone wearing an Obama mask. I've played Payday 2, I'm not risking being a civilian casualty because someone can't aim straight. Dammit, Tom, it's not that complicated! Don't shoot the civvies!

In all seriousness, I get that some people do it because they actively want to be racist. When they confirm that's their intention, you just hit the report button and wave goodbye to them. Problem solved.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

People dont understand that context matters!

I mean, look at aunt Jemima syrup. They are going to change it because its racially insensitive or some #########. Its a picture of someones grandmother. How is that insensitive? I mean even if it was the preferred maple syrup of white supremacists, how is a bottle of syrup racist?

People that want to be the victim i guess see it everywhere? I dont know.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Ok my mistake, I had no idea it was offensive to a Asian. I look pretty stupid right now. I said it wasn't offensive to Asians because you'll never see anyone trying to make fun of Asian people by painting their face yellow. It was mainly African Americans that had that happened to them which is why I said it wouldn't be offensive to them. My apologies...

This discussion has been closed.