If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

UI / HUD too large all of a sudden + Resolution/fov changes made the game unplayable!

Options
Thypari
Thypari Member Posts: 67
edited June 2020 in Bug Reporting

I am playing at 1440p and since the update my hud is at least twice as large as before. I can't even see to the bottom right and left because it takes up all space. Also the resolution and/or fov is now all ######### up. My character takes up more than 1/3 of the screen. I can't even see where I am walking when I want to walk straight.

Right now the game is unplayable for me as a survivor because of this.

My guess is the changes for 4k monitors also get applied for 1440p which don't fit at all. I could play fine with the standard settings from before the patch. If you look at the screenshots, it looks like the camera is positioned way too low in 1440p.

Comparison:

Mine 1440p: https://i.imgur.com/A099Btw.jpg

Some Streamer 1080p(?): https://i.imgur.com/TXYMBui.jpg

I have only 1/4 of the screen to see in front while it's normally 1/2!!!!

Post edited by Thypari on
23 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• TheHarpoon
    TheHarpoon Member Posts: 18
    Options

2nd this, also running at 1440p and the new UI scaling is truly awful. It covers up far far too much of the screen and makes things like skill checks harder to hit.

• Ptiwhisky
    Ptiwhisky Member Posts: 2
    Options
  • Thypari
    Options

I added screenshots to show how broken it is.

• zirqz
    zirqz Member Posts: 4
    Options

I don't see what you mean in terms of fov changing... and adding screenshots of 2 different players in 2 different spots of a map doesn't help either. also aren't female characters smaller?.... you even seemed to extend the vertical line past the streamers overlay compared to the line on your game

I checked for myself on my 4k monitor now , stood still in one position on the map and switched resolution down to 1440 and 1080 and don't notice a difference in FoV

• Thypari
    edited June 2020
    Options

The overlay is above the game screen that's why it's called overlay. Your screenshots show how it is correct. character ends exactly at 50% of the screen. On my end he ends at 72%. So I miss 22% of screen space.... Also 4k monitors seem to be fine. Issue is only on 1440p monitors. No idea how that's even possible that the bug only occurs depending on hardware.

• Krilkal
    Krilkal Member Posts: 68
    Options

I noticed that too. I was shocked how big the UI suddenly was.

3840x2160 here. Please scale the UI again on higher resolutions or give us an option😥

• keshipehn
    keshipehn Member Posts: 15
    Options

Same issue here, this NEEDS to be fixed

• brandyberry
    brandyberry Member Posts: 3
    Options

Also having this problem on 1440p and it's super irritating.

• Penkin
    Penkin Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have same issue with 1440p.

• bledd
    bledd Member Posts: 58
    Options

Same issue on 1440p, looks like a game from 1998 now

• Alleluja
    Alleluja Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2020
    Options

Same here. Please revert 1440p changes

Post edited by Alleluja on
  • falcon_eddie
    falcon_eddie Member Posts: 7
    Options

This one, It's almost unplayable for me in 4k, why for the power of the ancient gods? This game seems run at 640x480 resolution since last patch

• Peepo
    Peepo Member Posts: 108
    Options

Same issue with 1440p. PLEASE REVERT THIS, IT'S ALMOST UNPLAYABLE.

• Xyex
    Xyex Member Posts: 140
    Options

JFC, so many babies in this thread. "Almost unplayable" yet there is literally no visual difference from what I'm seeing from 1440p screens and what I've always gotten at 1080p. Holy. #########. Hell. If this makes the game "unplayable" for you, you're just really ######### bad at the game, lol.

• Alleluja
    edited June 2020
    Options

At least one aspect of this broken patch can be improved

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor Gameusersettings.ini

ScalabilityLevel=0 change to ScalabilityLevel=4

Save and set file to read only so game cannot override it.

It improves render quality of menus, because for whatever reason they are rendered in default for this enginge hd resolution which is just bad.

Before https://imgur.com/uuJprPJ

After https://imgur.com/cM0sSEV

Of course survivor game is still broken and UI size is just too big overall. Year 2020 and we still can't even choose HUD size.

• PrimalRage
    PrimalRage Member Posts: 1
    Options

Yeah totally with you OP, this is really awful, hopefully they'll fix it soon. As for poster above me Xyex, you'd understand if you'd played a decent amount of the game... Nothing to do with your trolling, it's just if you change something you've played for hours every day for 4 years, it's really jarring.

Fingers crossed this is fixed asap.

• BlowMe_Wan_Kenobi
    BlowMe_Wan_Kenobi Member Posts: 4
    Options

I have this issue on my 4k tv which i play games on. It has to do with the resolution i'd imagine because i don't play on 4k resolution but my HUD i suppose enlarged itself a lot.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,924
    Options

It's intended. Not a bug. As someone who plays at 4K, this was a genuine improvement. Although, an option to adjust the size independently would be great for large amount of players who do not like the change.

• falcon_eddie
    Options

Man, I play in 4k res,trust me that this isn't absolutely an improvement, obviously I'm talking for myself.

My friend who play in ultrawide 2k+ think same as me,the new UI compared to the old one is just excessive big.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,924
    Options

I guess all of our eye balls are different ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• vK_3_1_RON
    vK_3_1_RON Member Posts: 2
    Options

The larger skill checks makes it easier to hit them for me, I'm at 1440p. However I do prefer how it was previously, I get they scaled 4K to 1080, but that means that 1440 got fricked over a bit... at least for me it's... a bit eww lol

• Alleluja
    Options

People can have screens of different sizes and sit closer or further from monitor. Currently UI/HUD are large for no good reason + it shows that they are being rendered in low resolution causing irritation for gamers who play on 2K/4K for better graphic quality due to higher resolution.

But people using small 4K (25") monitors may need this bigger UI.

Make it switchable option between normal and bigger UI+HUD sizes and everyone will be happy BBHVR.

And for damn sake make UI resolution scalling same as game resolution based on screen proportions

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack Member Posts: 2
    Options

Same here, it just blows up the logos way too big so it looks ugly and kills the visuals. The game looks terrible now. Why not just give people the ability to set their own resolutions?

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 219
    Options

Playing on 1440p here. Game is unplayable. Gonna have to fix for 1440p ASAP or revert the change. Definitely more people playing on PC in 1440p than 4K. Add actual resolutions to your ######### game!

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

For me it's the opposite, my UI is so small that I can't see and read it. They should implement a UI scale so everyone can resize it as he likes.

• bledd
    Options

Bumping this again

• Punisher
    Punisher Member Posts: 13
    Options

I play at 3880 x 1600p use to be 3440 x 1400p i have always changed the resolution in Nvidia to make it 4:3 aspect ratio so its all good, since latest patch i have same issue massive UI and massive ingame character that takes up so much of the screen i can no longer see the feet and there is little head room. Also the frame rate has gone back to 60 fps and i can no longer play this game as its like going back 25 years in technology to get it to work and even then the characters are massive. Behaviour whatever you did to the resolution please revert all changes as i know you will struggle to fix new issues as history has taught us. Untill then im not playing your game as well as our discord and im sure anyone playing on anything but 1080p, its a shame you lot don't properly test these things before a major release and i did play PTB and never had all these issues

• M4rkay
    M4rkay Member Posts: 30
    Options

Yeah I Can't play this game either, due to this UI scaling, I am unable to participate this game. Maybe the reason for the login bloodpoints everyday is probably for keeping players on while they are fixing the issue (maybe). If they do not fix this ASAP, I'm not gonna play this until then.

• Punisher
    Options

Same bud, this is good for me as im finally done with their incompetance... i just uninstalled and already its a weight of my shoulder. Good luck with them helping i see three posts stating this and all pending and not one mod comes in and adds anything to the two most viewed posts since 4.0 came out...

• Alleluja
    Options

Old UI size is available in 1920x1440 and 2560x1080 resolutions. Anything 16:9 above full hd is treated as high resolution and switches to huge UI.

• Punisher
    Options

The best i could get, but the image is so letterboxed now this is not the solution. Thought i would send you this before i left.

• gango_89
    gango_89 Member Posts: 4
    Options

The same is happening to me, it ruins your game experience when playing with a big monitor on 2K

• ttpbpb
    ttpbpb Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    Options

same here with 1440p

• bledd
    Options

Please fix this :/

• bledd
    Options

I hate to keep bumping this. Please can someone acknowledge it 🙂

• Punisher
    edited June 2020
    Options

They are useless bud that's why, as i am getting notifications on this still on this thread (i have to turn that off). One of the most looked at and commented threads since 4.0 and is still pending???

I bet they thinks its not an issue and have not even tested it with monitors between 1080p and 4k native

• bledd
    Options

Please fix this, 1440P GUI is way too big.

• bledd
    Options

:o

• M4rkay
    M4rkay Member Posts: 30
    Options

Excuse me, babies? This is just opinion wise. It is hard to get used to when you have played this game for ages in a setting that had a fitting for your eyes, and however, not everyone needs icons this big. To agree with your opinion, yes, it doesn't change the game on visual view, but it is still annoying to have icons floating on your screen. The same feeling as if you had flies on your screen.

• Donward
    Donward Member Posts: 3
    Options

its not only the gui even the camera position is changed :/

• bledd
    Options

Any update? :)

• falcon_eddie
    edited July 2020
    Options

Hotfix for other bugs arrived but nothing for us complaining this problem,that so sad :/

• xMetuZx
    xMetuZx Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'm sure they're overwhelmed with trying to get the other bugs sorted out that were game breaking for the whole community not just us. That being said, hopefully a fix comes soon because this has been awful.

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 533
    Options

Are the devs going to do anything about this? Survivor is currently unplayable

• konan23
    konan23 Member Posts: 1
    Options

is this even being looked at? I honestly stopped playing when this came into play and have stayed off the game waiting for the fix because it's really unplayable for me. I have an Acer Predator 2k monitor.

• Peepo
    Peepo Member Posts: 108
    Options

Any update on the issue?

• ttpbpb
    ttpbpb Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have an acer predator 2k monitor too and the same issue. I don't know if it's related. It's really annoying to play especially as a survivor. It would be nice to have updates from the bhvr team on this thread.

Hope this will be fix soon.

• gango_89
    gango_89 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Any update? It's frustrating playing with 2K monitor -.-"

• bledd
    Options

This is me playing DBD at 1440P

• TheHarpoon
    TheHarpoon Member Posts: 18
    Options

Not that I have seen or heard. The PTB patch notes don't mention anything about this either which is a concern for expecting a quick fix but may be implemented in the live update. Quite a shame really as I've not touched the game since this happened.

Not sure if anyone has seen or heard any update regarding this?