Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

PC - 4.0 HUD Size 1440P

Ptiwhisky
Ptiwhisky Member Posts: 2
edited June 2020 in Bug Reporting

Since the PTB, i notice that the ATH/HUD/UI is MUCH MUCH bigger than previously and it's taking too much space on screen.

When this will be fixed OR add an option to resize the in-game HUD/ATH/UI.

It appears that it is only on screen resolution above 1080P (2560x1440p for me).

Here is the example of before 4.0 then PTB then 4.0 Live.

Please note that it is in the menu and it's the same scale in-game.

Best Regards.

13 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

Comments

• zirqz
    zirqz Member Posts: 4

the devs were going to make 4K UI scaling bigger since it was always very tiny (more tiny than 1440 scaling). So what happened is that since they made UI bigger for 4K now, the effect is that 1440 also gets bigger scaling than what it had. So now 1440 monitors have the same scaling that 1080 monitors have always had. But now 4K monitors have the same scaling that 1440 monitors used to have.

Here are screenshots on my 4K monitor before and after the update

If the devs would add a proper resolution menu in-game with different screen size and ui scale options instead of just a Slider this problem would be fixed

• Thypari
    Thypari Member Posts: 67

Yep also they ######### up the fov / camera for 1440p. I think it's a related issue.

My character takes up 72% of the screen instead of 50%. I litterally can't see the killer if he stands directly in front of me...

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/161431/ui-hud-too-large-all-of-a-sudden-resolution-fov-changes-made-the-game-unplayable

• bledd
    bledd Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2020

Yup, I'm also on 1440P

Game is unplayable now, it looks HUGE :(

Please revert this for 1440P, it looked perfect before.

• TheHarpoon
    TheHarpoon Member Posts: 18

1440p here too, can't stand the new UI at all, it's just big and in your face covering up wayyyyy to much of the screen. Really hoping they revert it back to how it was pre 4.0

• brandyberry
    brandyberry Member Posts: 3

I am also having this issue in 1440p, everything is huge and bloated, in game and UI.

• Peepo
    Peepo Member Posts: 108

Extremely annoying

Fix when?

• Donward
    Donward Member Posts: 3

Same problem, it is unplayable, the UI is to big. During a game the skill check is like in the middle of my screen

• bledd

Bump

I feel like I have jam jars for glasses.

• Sivad
    Sivad Member Posts: 1

Big same

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack Member Posts: 2

Same here, covers up way too much of the screen. Why not just leave it the way it was before, it was perfect.

• bledd

Any update on this? acknowledgement of it would be great :)

• johi
    johi Member Posts: 1

Same here, unplayable as it is now.

• Punisher
    Punisher Member Posts: 13

I play at 3880 x 1600p use to be 3440 x 1400p i have always changed the resolution in Nvidia to make it 4:3 aspect ratio so its all good, since latest patch i have same issue massive UI and massive ingame character that takes up so much of the screen i can no longer see the feet and there is little head room. Also the frame rate has gone back to 60 fps and i can no longer play this game as its like going back 25 years in technology to get it to work and even then the characters are massive. Behaviour whatever you did to the resolution please revert all changes as i know you will struggle to fix new issues as history has taught us. Untill then im not playing your game as well as our discord and im sure anyone playing on anything but 1080p, its a shame you lot don't properly test these things before a major release and i did play PTB and never had all these issues

• Punisher
    Punisher Member Posts: 13

No update on this then or mod?

This discussion has been closed.