We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Midwich elementary school is a masterpiece of map

It is the best of the update, great detail, places to hice, beautiful, and full of easter eggs like this little girl crying:

I wonder what is inside checking with the Nurse

On the other hand, perks are a mastercr*p but I guess it is intended not having OP perks anymore

The time will see if PH needs a nerf, for me is the top 1 OP killer so far, making many meta perks useless: DS, BT...

Comments

• 5thPerkSlot
    5thPerkSlot Member Posts: 395

Yes, I think the Japanese guys were so very involved to include references and easter eggs

the only "meh" of the map is tremendously big, hard to memorize and surely the biggest so far

• casonius
    casonius Member Posts: 29

I agree on everything except the pallets lol. I feel like it's the exact opposite. I've played this map twice and both times there were so many godloops. Literal pallets that block of the entire path, pallets' that have ample space on both sides, so you can run em forever if you play them well. To me it felt like the overdid it on this one because they realized that they really messed up on Hawkins. Literally the least safe pallet I saw was safer than the average Hawkins pallet.

The one thing I thought was especially bad was the exit gates. They're always just opposite each other on the same floor, so a killer like spirit can always just power from one door to the other in one go.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Personally feel like half of the complaints are people just not knowing the map. As a newer player I had to learn all of the maps coming into the game. This one isn't much different. Playing survivor I've been able to take killers on quite the chase here, much better than when Dead Dawg was introduced. As killer I've seen advantages for Pig, Trapper, Hag, Myers, Ghost Face, and so on.

It's def my favorite map in the game. Aesthetically it feels like a horror movie. As a lover of Silent Hill, it's pure art.

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554

Not really, the complaints are about the maps being literally broken (Some hallways are bugged, objects can block the killer) and the fact that there aren't enough ways to get up to the second floor without giving the survivors an advantage. As well as that, the pallets are ew

• cheetocultleader

I've heard for nurse a lot of objects block them, but I've had the same issue on a lot of maps trying to fiddle with her now. Nurse needs some love.

Idk, break one side stair door, watch a survivor run up, trap them, lol. It works. I've had it done and done it now.

How are the hallways bugged? And I've found some pretty strong pallets. Like around the clock tower and out in the court yard. Granted the ones in the rooms could use a bit of attention but it helps to just run to another room -- use the wall vaults.

I just don't get the hate. People are entitled to their opinions though.

• RockoRango

It's not an opinion, sadly. The hallways are bugged in the majority of them (where goo is), making hag traps and Nurse disabled when trying to traverse them.

The point of breaking the doors is to be able to get up to the second floor without running across the map, and killers share the same pain with survivors. If you break the doors, you give survivors an immense advantage; it doesn't matter if you try to trap people in those areas with two breakable doors. (BTW, those spots let you hold the game hostage. Good level design)

The clock tower is broke. You can't blink to it, and it has a pallet on each side of it (making it possibly the most safe spot in the entire game with both pallets down). The court-yard is not really... that good? It needs work.

• cheetocultleader

I'm gonna play some hag and test that out. I have played her before there, and didn't notice. Again with Nurse she just gets stuck everywhere and the devs need to do something with her. Collision is an issue.

I'll have to disagree with your opinion on opinions, lol. I'll concede that this map has multiple places that a killer can decide to be a jerk and just block you in until EGC. Haven't had it happen here yet, but I have at the swamp. Not fun. That should be something they do review if they decide to change anything up in this map.

• tixerp
    tixerp Member Posts: 270

It's amazing to me, because this feels like old Dead By Daylight. What I mean by that, is old DBD had so much soul, love, and passion even if the game was a really REALLY crappy broken mess. There was something so charming and enjoyable about it though. While I admit the map isn't the most fair or fun to play on, I miss when DBD didn't care much for balance like it does now. Sounds like people are up in flames over the map, but at least I can stop to smell the roses. Great love letter for us SH fans too.

• RockoRango

I'm saying that it's not an opinion that the map has horrible design gameplay-wise, it's a fact. You can find tons of reasons why if you simply play the map enough times to get a hold of it.

Also, Hag cannot set traps wherever lockers are in the hallways or where the goo is.

• cheetocultleader

You don't seem to understand that your experience and my experience playing that map is subjective. I've enjoyed the game play, you haven't. Our opinions differ. A fact is something I cannot dispute, but I can with this because it is not, in fact, a fact. I maintain though you're entitled to your opinion and if enough people agree, BHVR might listen. I love the map and the games I've had on it, but it could use some tweaking.

• RockoRango

I wasn’t speaking based on my experience at all; I main Nurse, and my experience has been fine. I’m speaking from facts about how the map was designed, and I’m not trying to invalidate your opinion.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Said no one ever.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Gameplay wise the map is one of the greatest failures ever. And lets be honest: they wont change it any way.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

this is the hottest take today lol

its the worst map yet, by far

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I think he is speaking from a visual perspective. Although I personally enjoy the gameplay on it as well, my only issue is that I feel there are way too many breakable walls.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Map looks amazing, gameplay is terrible.

Killer looks great, but is mid-tier at best except at tunneling.

None of the perks will affect the meta.

I think if this DLC didn't have the Silent Hill name, people would see it's kinda mediocre.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Hate playing on it but the map looks amazing aesthetic wise.

• 5thPerkSlot
    5thPerkSlot Member Posts: 395

well said, I meant the design but yes, the playability with few stairs and long corridors make hard to hook, so it is made to use PH's cage

anyway, anyone tried to go inside the toilet with the nurse where the little girl is crying???

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I haven't but I really hope that there's actually someone in there and not just a sound clip. It'd make the map way cooler. Honestly when I first heard her cry I was scared because I didn't know where it was coming from lol.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Why shouldn't you get punished for not knowing the map?

• Papayarng
    Papayarng Member Posts: 73

because its a very confusing map even by most dbd standards

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

The DLC isn't even a week old. Play a few rounds of KYF to get the lay of the land, then feel free to whine about it being confusing

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Remember the perimeter of Treatment Theatre?

Do that but with two floors.

Congratulations I hate it.