Pyramid Head for tunnelers?

Okay, so basically his power counters basically all of the anti-tunnel perks like DS and BT. Several games where I've been tunneled to death even when there's only 5 gens left. I dunno, this killer seems like a tunnelers dream.

Comments

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

If he uses a cage, it always spawns as far as possible from the Killer. Usually it's enough time to be rescued and healed before he can walk there. Usually.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

Yep. This has been my experience in the PTB and the 2 matches I played today.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

Killers play like jerks now a days for no reason so it’s not a waste of time for them.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

not really, those perks slow the game and for tunnelers it's actually better to hook them first before using a cage since that way there is no chance of getting hit by ds so pgtw is still usable and bbq isn't useful for him since he lacks fast movement. Therefor the ability to quickly kill someone by tunneling while still having hooking perks be usable is not a fair trade for getting a survivor dead quickly.

• AChaoticKiller

Also heres what tunnelers do for those unaware

they get the survivor in torment, hook them, find them right after being unhooked and send them to a cage, and lastly find them one more time and they are on death hook. I have literally played against a PH that did this and he killed someone in the first 2 minutes of the game since he was only focused on getting them.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

Yup but the devs don’t care. Kinda sad tbh. People are screaming for buffs on these forums but don’t realize that he can literally tunnel someone out of the game.

• AChaoticKiller

Good for you then, and if they did something about it then it shouldn't affect you. However there is a problem here that is more game impacting then abusing DS because for one it gets around DS and two it kills people too quickly. If you hook someone and then send them to a cage right after sure maybe the rescuer should have been more careful but getting downed and hooked right out of a cage even with DS is a problem especially since it allows you to do what i described before.

The problem here is how effective it is and how the only counter play is either avoiding getting into torment in case someone is doing this even if it makes you an easy down or you have to rely on your teammates not making a dumb save which might not be possible is the killer proxy camps.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

It's very much a fair trade..killer cant use the meta perks as effectively and neither can survivors..plus..getting tormented is their own fault

• immortalls96

It's a team based game..if you dont work together you fail

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Any killer CAN do this. Bubba is still the most effective one since he can hook someone and have his defenses up fast enough that any save that wasn't literally immediate is doomed to failure. But, last I checked, facecamping Bubbas were considered a lot worse and getting lower rewards than those who actually learned to play him well. I'm willing to bet just about anything that the same will be true of PHead. Is it possible? Yes. Is the behavior easily punished? Yes. And easier than Bubba since the cage spawns as far away as it can.

• immortalls96

It's as if perks have limits for a change...seriously these perks are clearly carrying people too much

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

I'm saying. Out of all the games I've played today as him, I've only had one game where I got zero kills and that was the first game.

Slowly getting a feel for his power and I'm really digging how it works. You literally become the ultimate zone denier.

My only real complaint is I wish the cool down between using his trail and going to do a basic attack was a second faster. Other than that, he's definitely a strong killer with a high skill ceiling.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Like it or not, that was 3-4 gens worth of repair time depending on spawns. Which means that PH was not focused on actually winning, just on being an arsehole. Which means you can punish it by doing gens and leaving them with their petty kill, or 2 petty kills if you get unlucky. Not saying it's not a problem... But it's really in the same camp as a facecamp from bubba.

• AChaoticKiller

omg no its not XD, you can replace those perks for others and the only perk there that makes a major difference in the match is pgtw which can be replaced for say ruin which works pretty well on him.

Also NO PERK in the game can be traded with how fast you can kill someone by tunneling because guess what? those perks are to help you slow the game or directly help you kill survivors but when your power already helps you by bypassing what stops you from killing survivors too quickly then no perk can compete with that not even the meta perks which there are only two of.

so if you want to argue get a better argument because the rate at which he kills survivors by tunneling WELL makes up for not being able to use two meta perks which can be replaced for perks more suited for his play style.

lastly unless you want to be an easy down you have to loop and PH can simply put a trail through the pallet so that argument is also pretty bad to use since you are basically saying to be an easy down.

• AChaoticKiller

O yea forgot about to mention this part, doesn't matter how well you play as a team if he just proxy camps and uses his power to hit both of you during the save.

Also this implies that unless you do swf your gunna fail against him if he does this since proper team play with solos is hard and most wont even try if they see a camper.

• AChaoticKiller

not with proxy camping and even if they focus on gen rushing if even one person goes for the save the guy being saved is screwed and there will be a kill early in the game which means if the killer is good the survivors are pretty screwed especially if they didn't do the proper gens.

remember he isn't camping at the hook he will be proxy camping and a lot of players will go for the save because of that and with his power if he sees a save being done he can use the ranged attack to hit both survivors so unless BT is being used and even if it is he will still most likely get the survivor being saved.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

So now we have a tunneling king to go with the camping king that is Bubba. Yay.

• immortalls96

I thi k your overestimating this..I guess you use ds to carry..I use it for energencies..that's what I'm seeing here

• immortalls96

Then people will be finally forced to learn something..dunno what else to say here..ds and borrowed time are perks..therefore they should have flaws..people need to learn to function without them

• AChaoticKiller

I love how you ignore why they should work and instead you just give a response with no points at all, just here's my statement and people should learn to not use ds. Even tho when a PH tunnels and they are a good killer like i described you will die no matter what you do and you die faster than if any other killer did this because of how the cages work.

Also im not overestimating this, I have already seen 3 PH's play like this in high rank and i have tried it a few times to see how effective it is and got 3 or 4 kills each time because only two people at most are working on a gen and im killing a survivor in under 2 minutes. Sure not everyone will play like this but the fact that you can play like this and do well is ridiculous.

• immortalls96

You were with bad survivors...heck maybe it's because I learned to play without ds before its change because I refused to use it, but no they shouldnt work because then its favoritism..its making an exception where there should be none..if ph is tunneling to win you played poorly..its really that simple..if a perk is the difference between dying and escaping then thsts what is called a crutch

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

The idea that a team can stop a killer from tunneling someone out of the game is idiotic.

• immortalls96

Not idiotic when it's true..there is such a thing as team work outside of two bloated perks

• AChaoticKiller

you literally have not listened to a single word have you? Otherwise you wouldn't have said that "if ph is tunneling to win you played poorly" especially when my point was he could tunnel to win since he kills you so quickly by doing so.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

If you know PH is tunneling, why are you freeing people from cages? He can't tunnel someone stuck in a cage.

• immortalls96

Right..with 0 gen defence..great..thatll work against players with game sense..its no different than basement bubba..only at least he cant insta down multiple players at once..plus..all you have to do is see where your buddy was downed. And wait at where the cage spawns..I made a ph with mori rage quit ffs..that's why I'm brushing aside your argument because it solely implies bad play by survivors

• AChaoticKiller

omg you know what after this one im done responding because talking to idiots is frustrating.

1. a good killer will down you if you dont loop so not stepping in torment isn't good advice or a strat because you will have to loop eventually.
    2. the speed at which he gets you killed is faster than camping and if you get someone right away and camp you can get 2 kills pretty much every time since you get the 2nd survivor when the gens are nearly finished if they have gen rushed you. SO WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT THE SPEED AT WHICH YOU CAN KILL SURVIVORS BY TUNNELING WITH PH, USE YOUR BRAIN. BECAUSE WHEN I TESTED THIS AS PH I ALWAYS GOT A 3RD SURVIVOR BEFORE GENS GOT FINISHED.
    3. Because the strat involves proxy camping good survivors will try their luck or rely on BT to unhook the survivor getting proxy camped. your not camping at the hook so they will try at least once to do a save and thats how you get a fast kill. If they dont try to save then yea your not going to get more than two kills but in reality in almost all games they will try at least once to do a save.
    4. Even if he fails to kill you after he puts you in a cage if he did the strat then your on your death hook early in the game which puts that survivor and his/her team at a big disadvantage since they cant make bold plays without dying and dying early in the game is pretty much an instant lose for the survivors.
    5. Two meta perks being not very usable on PH because of the cages does not matter when they can be replaced by perks more suited to this play style and when this play style that involves the cages that you traded for those perks being extremely effective at killing survivors by tunneling so the trade is not fair.
    6. I'm aware that not everyone is doing this but that doesn't make it ok, this type of strat should not exist in the first place when it encourages a very toxic play style and is completely unfair to the survivor on the receiving end because it forces a depip, makes them gain barely anything in that match, and is a waste of their time. sounds familiar? Thats because its just like camping but worse because its faster at killing your target.

• immortalls96

Literally a leatherface can do this same strand if you've been tormented oh well, keep going..it takes time to set up trails..valuable time , he cant trap everything so just go away from it , your making this sound so complicated but this is literally just saying hes a noob stomper just like a camping leather face..time to rethink your strats I think..and it isnt "toxic" to use your power..its the lazy way but very inefficient since you have to keep going across the map each time AND torment them each time for your hypothetical scenario to work..wont happen to anyone who gets how his power works because theyll avoid it..so in essence..he crushes careless newer players..case and point

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

You are definitely not wrong, however, you should be. Much of what you have said comes down to poor situational awareness leading to bad decisions: I see no real justification for being unable to rush the generators. His ranged attack isn't exactly ranged, after all. That's not saying I don't go into matches with borderline-mindless boosted morons... But we also lose to facecamping bubba's because I'm the only one doing the damn generators while everyone else is busy dying like idiots.

• baddieclaudette
    baddieclaudette Member Posts: 21

Well I just played my first match against him, and it was not fun. He caged me and someone was instantly there to save me. He came over there immediately, downed me and hooked me. How is that fun? Or even fair?

• EveeIsATree
    EveeIsATree Member Posts: 15

I want to believe that but literally almost every match I've played against a pyramid head (which is at least 10) I've been tunneled and/or camped.

I really hope it's just people don't know how to play him right yet rather than being an #########, but so far I don't like playing against him.