Few Executioners Already?

2»

Comments

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    edited June 2020

This is what I'm hoping for, he's actually really good but it takes a lot of practice.

So I'm going to exclusively play him like I did Spirit on release and see what progress I can make, not gonna fail a few times and ask for buffs.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

There are plenty playing him on PS4. I've had him nearly every match today.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I was getting more, but it's still not as often as I'd hope.

Now I'm just playing him so I can git gud

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think a few small buffs here and there would make him feel much better. Removing the 100-unit cap on his trails would be nice since they're only around for a minute 15 seconds anyway, and I'd love some sort of small tweak to casting Punishment, such as being able to continue to turn my camera in the small window of time before clicking the button and the attack actually going out, or removing the whole "highlight the exact area that the wave is going to appear" nonsense. Overall, though, I don't feel him to be weak.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906
    edited June 2020

I wish I had at least 1 game playing him on a map I know with good perks so I can judge him better. But all I get is freaking school with his stupid teachable perks because I just can't get his adept (maybe he is kinda bad, I usually don't have problem getting adepts)

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

It should also hit them if they touch it. I've seen some survivors running through it after the damage hitbox is done.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

his perks blow. Worst in the game since demo

And while I was hyper then most for the new powers

In reality is really hard to work and really easy to counter. You can check my thread for progress

Listen when plague dropped i 4kd every night for 2 weeks before I even got good with her. It took months before everyone knew what to do. PH is dead on arrival somehow.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Ok but the trapper and hag and freddy can all put there traps that do the same information but PH can't?

Why. They can still avoid it by crouching anyway.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

People need to quit with this "X killer is like Y killer but with Z" nonsense. If there's a "but with," they're not the same killer.

Most recent example (before now with Pyramid) is when Deathslinger came out and people kept calling him just a "worse Huntress" or whatever. Killers have their different strengths and weaknesses...

How about we step back a bit, relax, and wait for the inevitability of the community realizing "oh wow, this killer actually has some nuance!" Lets just let people actually figure out the limits of the killer before we start calling out "OP," "weak," or "just another version of X killer," hm?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I didn't see a single Executioner today. Saw a Spirit, a Hillbilly, a Doctor, and a ton of Deathslingers, but no Executioners.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2020

Why would I pay for someone who is maybe slightly above average, when Nurse, Billy, and Huntress are all free, fun, and probably better?

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

Here's the thing, and it's the absolute truth...Pyramidhead is a good killer. The issue with him is (and it's really not an "issue" per say) is that his play style is very tunnely. He performs best when he tunnels. He maximizes his points and emblems, when he tunnels. He's the only killer where tunneling isn't a bad strategy. Why does this make killers play him less? It's quite simple. Contrary to what the baby survivors who whine here will say - most killers don't actually enjoy playing that way. Much like Hag is campy, and that's why you don't see many Hags.

I know, shocker.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

You are missing a detail. Trapper takes ######### LOADS of time to setup each and every single one of his traps. Hag takes less time per trap but she is a 110% Killer who needs to spend more time running chases. And BOTH of these Killers have problems in setting their traps mid chase as they are both proactive Killers and not reactive. Then you have the fact that their traps can only cover a single spot at a time.

Freddy is much closer. His traps can be placed without any slowdown and mid chase without risk. His only downside is needing people to sleep before the traps work. That is how PH works. You can either dig trenches proactively and hope someone steps on one or slows down to avoid them, or you can dig them reactively mid chase to force Survivors to step on them or run away into the open. PH doesn't even have much of a risk doing so either as it only slows him down to 110% and can be canceled without worry.

In my book, PH is a good Killer. Maybe too good with how much time he can save with that ranged attack and bypassing hooks. But like any other Killer you have to learn how to play as HIM. Never assume that you can use the strats and skills from one Killer for another. Even "close enough" Killers like Oni and Billy need to have their own playstyles. A few tricks is shared between Killers, and the fundamentals are just as the name states. But you need to learn how to play each Killer in their own way.

The vast majority of people, myself included, haven't had enough time to properly learn PH yet. I got some ideas, but lack perks to test builds. So far Iv noticed a few things that tend to work.

1- Do NOT break all pallets! A few pallets need to be broken to allow pathing but PH can use them as bait to land an unavoidable ranged attack 80% of the time. No mindgames, just either landing a ranged attack while they are in animation lock or landing a M1 if they attempt to bait the vault.

2- Use trenches reactively. This forces Survivors to get Torment or run out into the open. And as PH only slows to 110% digging them, he doesn't lose any ground and it has minor risks. He still GAINS ground doing so. But PH gains SO FREAKING MUCH once a Survivor is tormented making the time investment well worth it. Avoiding BT/DS with cages. Survivors being killed faster by the Struggle phase in cages. Instantly caging someone instead of spending upwards of 10-20 seconds hooking them. Forcing multiple Survivors away from a 3/4 gen by sending someone to a cage on the other side of the map. The list goes on.

3- Fundamentals. PH is a 115% and has full use of the fundamentals. Meaning he has options to simply chase someone if needed when his powers fail him.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I actually want to play with PH somemore, but his blood point generation feels slower, and i really need to get my bloodpoint gain on.