Anyone else think Midwich is the worst map in the history of DBD (gameplay wise)?

2»

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The Devs literally added fairer loops and tiles to half the maps in the game only a few months ago, if you didn't notice.

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458
    edited June 2020

even as a killer i don't like this map, the ambiance is awesome, but moving around is unfun and the secound floor take all the map yikes

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220

I'm still not that familiar with the map Midwich, but I think I will have to agree.

Haddonfield is probably my least favorite map of all (not including Midwich)

I swear I am like the only survivor main who enjoys Hawkins lol I usually do pretty well on it compared to Haddonfield

• Xpljesus
    Xpljesus Member Posts: 395
    edited June 2020

They put out a map worse than Haddonfield and a killer who is unfun in the same ways Deathslinger (who has been complained about SO MUCH) is, as well as making him a pro camping/tunneling killer. I don't see how this is useless whining nor something they should be thanked for. Sure the visuals, art, aesthetic, easter egg, design all that are great. But this chapter is horrific in pretty much every single way imagineable from a gameplay standpoint. I play dbd for the gameplay, I have no interest in licences, lore etc, so for someone like me this chapter is pretty flawed and I don't have much good to say about it. I don't hate the killer outright though, but god they should've learned by now considering how much everyone hates Haddonfield+indoor maps, yet they somehow managed to merge both into one

Edit: Although the content has been fantastic for a while so I don't disagree, they've done a lot of right (the doctor rework, map changes were fantastic, the rift is fantastic) but for this chapter specifically the load of criticism is completely warranted

• CLippyTHeRUnt
    CLippyTHeRUnt Member Posts: 21

The loops are so garbage. You run into a room with one pallet and only one way out of the room. If it’s a smart killer your not leaving that room..

• Get_Beaned_B0I
    Get_Beaned_B0I Member Posts: 106

You’ll leave that room alright, it just might be on the Killer’s shoulders though...

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

I finally got to play this map just now and it was an easy 4k for Pyramid Head. This map is definitely going to take some time to get used to, I'll have to play it several more times before I pass judgment on it.

• BattleCast
    BattleCast Member Posts: 698

I quite like Midwich atm. It's not as much as a maze for me because I played on the map a lot during the PTB.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I've only played the map as pyramid head. Sometimes i feel like a security guard walking the school after hours.

From a Sensory perspective, I ❤ this map.

• DeadArsenal
    DeadArsenal Member Posts: 221

No, the honor of worst map ever goes to Haddonfield.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

The biggest Issue I have is that it all looks too similar and too large, with Gideon, Hawkins, even Léry's I can figure out the layout pretty quickly after spawning in.

Midwich? Which hallway am I in they all look the same? Which classroom is this I can't tell. Is the drop into the courtyard this hallway or that hallway? Are the stairs in this corner? no? well time to run down this long hallway and check that corner.

I feel like I need to boot up a custom game and literally comb through this map to figure out every little detail to etch into my mind because there's a general lack of any indication of what goes where.

• CriminalMind_ITA
    CriminalMind_ITA Member Posts: 93

Yeah, i don't like it, but don't touch Deathslinger map, it's FRIGGING beautiful

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

I actually prefer the map over every farm map.

This map is actually interesting and cool designer and you can actually see everything in the map.

80% of the time in the farm maps you cant see ######### thanks to corn and its a boring design. I prefer the new map over every farm map

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

Yeah, I get what you're saying and you do have a fair point, gens on indoor maps have always notoriously been more difficult to find than on open air maps. However, I'm not sure what can be done about that without ruining the atmosphere of an indoor map, the devs created a great solution with the lit up signs when they added in the rework for Lery's but I don't think that's going to work for every indoor map simply because it doesn't fit the tone or theme of the other map settings.

For my own experience on the rest of the map, I'd seen plenty of gameplay of the PTB and when the new chapter dropped I was already as familiar with the new map as some experienced players, I'd heard about and seen that really op window vault in the back of some classrooms, I knew about the staircases and the crumbling floor that led to the upstairs, certain windows and drop downs that led to the center of the map, gen. spawns, etc.

So for the most part I'd say the few matches I have had there went pretty smoothly because I was adequately prepared and knew what to expect. That's not to say what you've said isn't true, more ways to get up and down between floors and into the center would probably be great, I just think it isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. I don't think it's the worst map because it's pretty predictable for what it is, it's a square with two levels on the edges. That being said no amount of map knowledge can fix the fact that pallet distribution might still suck, but I'd have to play on the map more times to figure that out for myself

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

In 4 out 6 survivor matches last night, a survivor used a map offering. I've never seen that before.