About the recent Scott video

Todgeweiht
Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Now, I am not one of those guys that likes to take at heart whatever some random DBD personality says, but this is worrying to say the least. Specially the whole "the most broken sounds have been" part

For those who don't want to see the video, I will resume his points

• The new map is horrible, basically Haddonfield 2.0, traversing is a pain in the ass and it will be especially horrible against coordinated teams with OoO
  • Pyramid head is not really engaging (I disagree with him in that part, but its important to take into account)
  • SOUNDS ARE THE MOST BUGGED THEY HAVE EVER BEEN
    • No sound on the ground bug was not fixed, they lied in the patch notes.
    • Iron will at random
    • No footsteps sounds at all (except on grim pantry) (provided video evidence)
    • No sound when falling off great heights (provided video evidence)

I could care less about the first points, I am enjoying the new map and I am enjoying the new killer as well, but the sound bugs are really worrying.

@Peanits @PatBrutal Just mentioning you so you are aware of the new sound bugs, in case you weren't.

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

Just had a match against Ghostface. Usually can hear his foot steps but I couldn't during the match. I thought Oni was quieter than normal earlier, originally thought I was imagining it but now wondering if it's sound issues.

• Financial_Stability
    Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466

Many of the entrances (Especially those in the courtyard) are deadzones for her blink. While it's not the worst, it's far from the best.

• mutante
    mutante Member Posts: 54

Thank you for sharing, that explains a lot.

• mutante
    mutante Member Posts: 54

BHRV needs to prioritize solving this...

Reforcing the mentions..

@Peanits @PatBrutal

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

I have also noticed gens make less sound, and I've got my headphones turned way up. I like PH only used him for about 7 games, never knew that thing about blocking the cage, cause running to it would take me far from the gens usually.

• Horror_Gaming
    Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275

What?!? Are you telling me this game has bugs!? I’m shocked 😂 This game can’t go a week without having something broken.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

The new map is very weird with the layouts, but in time it'll get better, people just need too get use too it.

As for PH, yeah his range attack needs some mega buffs. I hate the fact that the only time I can get it too work is when the survivor is vaulting or doesn't have LOS.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I know the Ranged isn't meant to be spammed but Jesus Christ, that 5 second CD.

• ActulCasul
    ActulCasul Member Posts: 178

Personally I find most of those killers named to be boring and most of my friends as well, maybe they are onto something

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230

Totally agree about that last part. Lery's and this map is the worst maps for my FPS.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited June 2020

The sound issues are easily the biggest reason I just cannot play killer at the moment. I want to play more PH, I think I may have finally have found a killer I actually main, not just play more than 1 game a day with, but every time the survivors stealh it out I just cannot HEAR them. Every time I lose them in a loop and the scratches are misleading me, I cannot HEAR them. I feel like I have to have Deerstalker in my base kit just to consistently find downed survivors: I had a match where I accidentally let 2 people bleed out because I couldn't find them: spoiler, they had crawled into a patch of grass and I hadn't noticed the brief 'hit space' prompt pop up on my screen.

The sounds hurt. So, so bad. And the worst part is that not everyone even seems to get this problem.

Edit: okay, maybe not 'every' time. But it's very common. I might even go so far as to say 'most' times.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

She would excel on this map if sounds weren't so god awful. I'm usually of the opinion that Nurse is the best killer, but honestly the fact that survivors are almost always not making a sound now, which is arguably the single most important thing to find people as Nurse...

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I think Scott is overreacting and spoiled by playing so much op Huntress and all other killers will always seem weak in comparison, I see what he is referring to on the map. It's beautiful with so much detail but it doesn't seem all that fun (although I've only played on it a couple of times), really wishing the devs return to making more maps like the classic originals, those are always the most fun and most balanced for both sides and I have no map offerings for those maps because I always use them up.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited June 2020

Nurse is absolutely horrible on the new map. Deadzones everwhere, the basement is pointing inwards, so if you make a slight blinking mistake, you instantly go into the cellar, even if you started on the second floor, the map lags even worse than new Lerys, Ormond, and Red Forest combined, which makes 360s her extremely easy, etc etc.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Alternative theory, they are just straight up bored with the game itself. Probably good for Scott to take a break then.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I haven't tried her, but since the PTB I knew she was going to be great at it.

I need to try her out on the new map.

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554

It’s horrible because of the buggy deadzones, not really much for any of the other reasons (other than not being able to hear jack when a survivor goes into an adjacent room). I was able to blink from the basement right up to a survivor using BBQ (because the map is too small) and chained downs until I won. It’s just frustrating because of the bugs.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

I thought I was going crazy imagining this.

I was chasing someone as killer in Lery's and there was no footsteps from them. Nothing. Then when I was playing survivor, my Dweet dropped out of the second floor of Crotus asylum, and he did not make a single sound when he fell or landed. Ninja Dweet.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

tbh im not impressed at this point.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    edited June 2020

Because the game and meta has become increasingly stale

Maps with little to no mind game-able loops where you hold W to win or run to a dead zone and die, killers with powers that are not engaging or take luck to “outplay” (Freddy, Spirit) no alternative objective outside holding M1, no strong perks for either side outside the same 10 or so as always, the COUNTLESS bugs with the game, hit boxes still feeling like garbage, balance issues, and more

Zubat and Scott as well as anyone who has played for a long clearly like the idea of playing Dbd, but when you load into a match and have to deal with the plethora of issues I listed, it kills any desire to play

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    edited June 2020

What concerns me more is the (what I assume is a) booger on the bottom of his very expensive mic. My god he treats that thing like trash.

He's right, though.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

No, it's just that he is pointing out glaring issues, it isn't a small little nuance, it's survivor sounds being gone, making it frustrating for killer, and I don't even watch Scott much on twitch.

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 254

Yup....

I’m resorting to following scratch marks due to sounds cutting out, i’m losing games as killer because of it. Nothing is more frustrating than losing a survivor because the sound cut out.

I’m over this game, I was hopeful Silent Hill would bring something fresh to the game... Instead it’s a steaming pile of {Bad Word}!

I’m literally finishing off Tome 4 then heading back to other games until DBD is enjoyable again

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

The map isn’t exactly enjoyable for survivors either. Too many empty rooms and corridors. Some unsafe pallets, some god pallets and then the rest of the map is barren. Along with the lack of stairs meaning you have to go the length of the map just to get upstairs.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

Hag and Pig are boring because of how people choose to play them. 10 trap at hook Hag or Tunnel the trap Pig.

Huntress became worse to play against with Servers due to the fact that you get smacked by a hatchet around a corner.

Clown... meh, he's not that bad but being barely able to see anything cos he double gasses u at a loop is an eyesore

Legion is fine tbh unless you're one of these 4 slowdown + mending add ons players

Freddy has an overloaded kit god knows how it got past testing.

Oni equals Slugging and being Slugged on the floor not being able to participate in any gameplay IS boring, you don't play videogames to do nothing.

Ghostface just turn off your redstain at a loop for easy hits :) Can look at him long enough for him to expose you but you don't reveal him cos crap mechanic

Spirit, Deathslinger and Pyramid Head have little to no counterplay with their power. Spirit is self explanitory, Deathslinger can ADS instantly and Pyramid Head can remove pallets and windows with his power, the thing Survivors rely on in chases. Take it, you get range hit, fake it, he m1's you cos no penalty for cancelling.

You can have your own opinions on whats fun and whats not but i agree with both of them. They're killer mains that want a Survivor to have just as much fun AGAINST them as they are playing a killer.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

The OoO makes so much sense, just had 2 on that map, it was horrible, I actually just decided to stay afk after getting my 4 stacks of bbq.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,502

Just played a game as doctor got a guy fully insane and hed do the motions like he was screaming but nothing happened (no calm spirit) and yeah no footsteps and stuff either. Im probably gonna take a break to.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

People have been cage camping? Didn't realize that was a thing. I've noticed that being near a caged Survivor doesn't erode Chaser points, but then again you get less BP for Sacrifice when you cage people.

• PodgeNotRodge
    PodgeNotRodge Member Posts: 478

Temple of Purgation has that issue with underground gen. I was standing directly above it and no sound then I move a few inches, 90%

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Well they can facecamp the cages apparently so the survivor can't be saved. The other thing is if the killer is near a survivor who has just been caged then they can quite easily just down them and hook them immediately.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

The new map is absolutely horrible as far as game play. visually it is very nice.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,240

Game health in general is in a horrible state, gets worse every patch, and they keep pushing content. At some point people are going to say enough is enough. The game can't take another year of bugs stacking up like this where 5 actually get fixed for every 10 that get implemented.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

The survivor hook thing doesnt really make sense. There are 2 stairs and the broken floor, so 3 spots in the edges of the map to get up and down. So the longest range you have to travel would always be 2 quarters of the ring. At most one quarter to reach a stair and then at most a quarter to get to the hook. You of course have to travel to the stairs that is bringing you closer to the hook. But thats it.

The only problem with this map is that these 3 spots are in the edges of the map. Compared to Gideon you also have stairs to reach the other level in the middle of the map (and I think you have 4 or 5 of them in total). Having an easy way down with a lot of drops and vaults, but getting up is simply painful

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

If you think his range power is usless you arent using right.