The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pyramid Head needs an absolutely huge change.

2»

Comments

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Or, just dont run into his trenches. Most competant survs at high ranks will never get tormented. If I was to make a change to PH it would be that WGLF works when uncaging someone.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I laugh when Billy has existed for the longest time and has crazy tunneling ability. He can still bring an ebony and have to do even less work than PH, while being more effective.

Come on guys. There's much worse stuff.

• Ashwitherton
    Ashwitherton Member Posts: 83

How about we settle the score like someone said if you get your cruchy perks back then we get our hook perks to work as well plus the cages should spawn near ph and how about we take care of some issues that ph is doing for us and you want him nerfed because he stops loops ok then we want half the pallets on every map gone plus killer shack and meat tree window blocked and a major rework towards the following maps haddon field spring wood and the game there fairs fair you take away phs fun cage ability we take your brain dead loops that fair as hell

• Ashwitherton
    Ashwitherton Member Posts: 83

Also I'm not a ph tunneler I'll come to your cage place torment around you then leave but what I am saying is you have to stop with this nerf him bs because hes balanced and If he gets a nerf the I feel we should get to nerf some of your stuff to even the odds plus I'm rank one so if you think I'm lying about not tunneling then that answers the question

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

That sounds like someone just trying to ruin the killers power tbh it will probably will be changed most likely the remove cage auras I guess that's what they want to accomplish by tunneling caged survivor's,its really to bad because killer's already have to rely on radio information.All killer's tunnel doesn't matter if it's a cage,reverse bear trap, or hook there's killer's who tunnel you regardless. Pyramid Head is basically weak his only real ability that's truly game changing is being able to cage some one on the spot rather than carrying off to hook them,I haven't tunneled one person since I've caged them so I'm not what I can do to tell it's just non sense but taking away his ability to have the small information he needs to control the map is pretty much breaking the character stratagem to be effective, my god you sound really angry though.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

The mori desc says "hooked by your hand"

It doesn't matter if it counts as a hook state, it's not a hook.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

It actually is necessary the final judgment is a way also to save time,not sure what's the difference between that and bleeding out on the ground or bringing in a green or ebony mori also it's you final hook it doesn't even matter how you died but you die any way if you get caught.It just seems more like you don't want him just to have that option in the match good thing is you don't recieve any pips so if you're doing it just to be a little snot you're only hurting yourself, I hope more killer's come with the ability to mori under certain conditions

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited June 2020

Morii tunneling is nothing new and its an issue of the Morii offerings themselves. Pyramid Head's powers just highlight the problem from a new angle.

Morii completly disregard the current balance of the game. They don't take any skill or effort to use. They are not fun to face. The killer gain nothing for using them and will in fact hurt his emblem score.

Killer execution animations are cool and should stay in the game in some form, but Mori in their current form are not the right way to do it.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Its stupid and wrong described and should be changed in the future but it would be stupid if it wouldnt work.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

Don't gain anything from it,A mori can sometimes be the deciding factor for me to win games.If I'm going against a strong team and there tearing me apart on gens best way to cut their power in half is eliminating one 3 survivor's can still be troublesome if there good, Moring for me is strategic and cathartic at times.

How does Pyramid Head hightlight the issue of moring Isn't that the whole argument basis, is that someone should be hooked twice before there able to mori, which you have to do in order to final judgment someone.If you get left on the hook that's not the killer's fault. You still going to get tunneled, sandbagged by teammates, and nothing can stop discord killer's and share play

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Ph really isn't that good...

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Then it's stupid that DS and BT and PGTW and that other stuff doesn't work. Those all require hooks, and the mori requires a hook. You can't just pick one thing and say "this should work with cages"

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Moris should work because it still progresses a hook state. Also not much would change anyway since they could just hook you anyway which is almost always the better option anyway.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

People saying if PH goes and tunnels the hook its a bad strategy, its more viable to go out and find others, they are right. However MOST people don't care / don't know about that and literally will walk straight to a cage immediately after caging.

I mentioned this in a previous post but I don't think its the power of the cage itself thats over powered, its that it gives him a 100% location of where he needs to go next, he knows that a caged person needs to be uncaged so he heads there.

In a normal hook scenario a killer hooks a survivor then has to decide if they want to camp the hook or go out and find other survivors. With cage the PH knows "Well thats where they will be so I'm going there', it takes away the "finding" survivors part and leads into a handheld situation where he will always know where people will be. Which in itself leads to more tunneling which people dislike.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Just because he doesn't cover the killer side doesn't mean his survivor side is invalid

• UniSans
    UniSans Member Posts: 111

Few things. The mori technically should work due to the fact that the cages count as a hook state and removes one of the 3 stages from a survivor on the hooks, they could probably change this which they should, but I'm assuming mori's work because the games see's that a survivor has lost a hook state. Next if they did remove the ability to see the cages then why shouldn't they remove the ability for the killer to see where they hook anyone? I can just as easily hook someone walk to the other side of the map, see them get rescued and go back as any killer, it's the same thing but a power and just player option of doing so. Along with the argument of avoiding torment and running Urban Evasion, its like the people who still run calm spirit to counter doctor or that killer with infectious fright, people already do it for other killers.

• macaroni1
    macaroni1 Member Posts: 16

“I’m a killer main”

Okay. That doesn’t make your opinion any more relevant, lol. Just change the description for mori. Then mori with Pyramid Head’s cage will make sense.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

I don't know... Preventing BT, DS, and the choice to tunnel almost seems like Pyramid Head applies... pressure. Y'know, that thing killers are supposed to do?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

There isnt a single killer in game that MAKES YOU equip perks knowing you might not use them. It's all up to you. Dont play the perks if you cant live with those odds on that ONE killer.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I'm not sure why people are making it seem like tunneling as The Executioner is such a chore. It is extremely easy with almost no cost. It really depends on the map but if you down someone in the middle, it's extremely easy to get to the cage often before someone else can get there. The other point is while playing this killer if you don't intend to hook anyone, you obviously won't equip any hook based perks. That's not the case for survivors, who may have two or three perks based on hooks that are now useless. I'm not trying to encourage tunneling cages but I have noticed that A Nurse's Calling, Bloodhound and Stridor make it so easy to run over to the cage and quickly find someone.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

You're a killer main? How is going to a cage different from camping a hook? If you take away Pyramid Heads cage aura's, you're putting his secondary power in the hands of the survivor, which his punishment is already in the survivor's hands.it doesn't take much to step to the for his ability. I don't get way cage aura's or such a big deal when you can see hook aura's which the killer can either choose to camp you or tunnel. Pyramid isn't strong in chase's and he doesn't recieve any points using his punishment and doesn't recieve any points for torment, now you want to take away his information and seriously put this killer in the ground ,Moris counting for hooks when resuced that's ok to change,anything else will just be damaging him any futher.Im rank 9 right now ,I've had red rank games and it's not pretty so stop.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

He needs to not be able to cancel out of his power without penalty. We also need to have the ability to kobe in cages.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

I'm still absolutely bewildered about this Killer being a "tunneler" when his power makes him the absolute worst Killer to tunnel with! I've also not come across a single Pyramid Head who has tunneled. Doesn't mean there are those who don't try to tunnel, but I'm wondering how realistic this complaint actually is. As in is he somehow the best Killer to tunnel with with a power that completely goes against tunneling? Or is his ability to disrupt the meta ruffling a lot of feathers, and a nerf may make it viable to stick with the same tried and tested formula?

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

You are missing my point entirely. All his cage does is encourage, and further enable tunneling, a play style that no one but the killer likes. If you actually read my post you would see that I went over a normal hook scenario compared to his cage.

Tunneling is the most effective way to win as killer yes, is it the most skillful for fun, no, but it is the most effective. I am a killer main, and all I said is since he has come out, almost every single PH in red ranks, plays this way. I don't care about your green ranks, I don't care about your purple ranks.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Must've missed all those nerf Billy threads but uuuhhhh....Billy needs a nerf. No other killer can wipe a team the moment they spawn in.

Woah There. Dial back that edge. You might cut yourself because all life is pain amirite?

There's such a thing as sportmanship. The ones lacking that quality are for a lack of a better word....simple. They can't track, multitask, or even mindgame. They're.....simple. Can only focus on one person and take them out so they can count better on their hand. 3 survivors aren't 4. Yayyyyy.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

Tbh I was kinda shocked when I first read about the Obsidian Goblet add on. This basically encourages camping behind the wall of a hooked/caged survivor to get two hits for free (including the just rescued survivor, who doesn't even have DS out of the cage).

I mean it is true that a lot of PH tunnel, but to be fair you can tunnel with every killer. That's not necessarily a character problem, but a player playstyle. The only thing is that they don't need to worry about BT or DS when caging someone. But I think this add on should be reworked because this is some bs imo.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
  • Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited July 2020

Question for all you people

why not remove his ability to see cages but instead show him for 5 seconds everyone’s aura not in a cage?

bam tunneling solved

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Lets just be honest with what the real issue players are having.

Noone wants to let killers play the game with any abilities or strategy. Killers are only allowed to blindly walk forward towards a survivor until they get hit by a pallet or looped. At which point, the killer must then stop chasing and walk around blindly not using anything to track people.