The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ultra Rare Add-ons For Killers

LewdSies
LewdSies Member Posts: 21

Recently I have felt that the devs have been ignoring making ultra rare add-ons good. Now I am not saying all of them have to be iridescent head level but when was the last time we actually seen a good one? The last time we got a good ultra rare add-on was the Black Incense with Plague who released 15 months ago. And its pretty much up for debate if its even good due to Plagues nature but that is for a different conversation.

Now this could just be me but when I feel I want to put on some "try-hard" add-ons I find myself putting on some rares or if im feeling it very rares. I just dont see the synergy with ultra rares anymore and I feel they struggle to make a build with the recent killers.

Like I said this could just be me but I would like to hear some others opinions, I am completely open for a conversation.

Comments

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

I mean the purpose of ultra rare add-ons shouldnt be: the strongest add-ons in the game

It should be: very unqiue effects for different playstyles.

Yes certain add-ons are bad like the undetectable one for ph. The undetectable should last in my opinion like 10 seconds when stepping out of a trail. This way you can be jumpscare dorito face.

The irredescent one for deathslinger that makes a person exposed when shot 15 away is a good example of a fun ultra rare add-on. Is it good? Heck no, but it is fun to use as hell if you get it off.

• LewdSies
    LewdSies Member Posts: 21

Im not sure if its me but I have never seen ultra rare as just "fun" add-ons. (Yes, I know you never said they all are, it just confuses me what they are aiming for with them.) Iridescent head, Iridescent king, BNP, the pink medkit one or whatever its called, Michaels ultra rares, Trappers ultra rares? I dont really use those add-ons but they seem pretty good. All of these are simply put, extremely good add-ons. Now that it is mentioned I can see why some would be considered fun ways to change up a build but I just feel ultra rare shouldnt be the category they should fall into. I mean, this is the same category with skeleton key, ebony mori, and iri head. If the devs just outright said they want to make ultra rare fun type add-ons rather than good I would have literally no problem with that (however they still need to be better than crap tier.)

• Wubalubadubdub03
    Wubalubadubdub03 Member Posts: 141

It seems like old iridescent addons tried to be the strongest addons (didnt always succeed) while new iri addons try to be strong but prioritize being unique.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

If very unique effects is their purpose, they, the Ultra Rare Add-ons, are still at least a little bit of a failure ever since Plague.

One of her Ultra Rares started the trend of having an Ultra Rare that reveals Survivor Auras through the use of their Killer Power.

Some vary, notably the Oni, but the principle's the same, there's so many other things they could actually be .