The Oni, power won't activate / final blood orb wont absorb

Options
gofu
gofu Member Posts: 133

This has happened to me 2 matches of oni in a row and it's frustrating cause i wasted some really nice addons.

Platform: PC (Steam)

Description: Says in title (video shows it furthermore)

Steps to reproduce: Nothing, I just played him normally

How often does this occur: Happened to me 2 matches in a row now, not sure whats up :(

Videos : (the 2 matches)

9 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

Comments

• akila911
    akila911 Member Posts: 5
    Options

yes metoo

• Lord_Genocide257
    Lord_Genocide257 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Im geting this problem as well

• Diet_Boi
    Diet_Boi Member Posts: 69
    Options

Had the same exact problem yesterday caused me a de-pip :)

• Master_Jand
    Master_Jand Member Posts: 4
    Options

I have experienced this bug as well. It often occurs when Blood Fury is very close to full. Blood Fury's passive recharge completely fills the power gauge (it turns red and is completely full), which is odd as passive recharge should never FULLY charge up Blood Fury. Then, the player is left with a "phantom" Blood Fury. Occasionally, the raised hand which signifies full Blood Fury will not hold it's big red orb in this phantom Blood Fury. Pressing Ctrl or the secondary killer ability button as prompted will result in nothing happening. Because activating Blood Fury overrides collecting blood orbs with M2 or the primary killer ability button, it is impossible to collect orbs. The only way I know to escape this phantom Blood Fury is to hit a survivor with a basic attack, which by default increases the Blood Fury power gauge by ~40%. This will result in Blood Fury being usable and replacing the phantom Blood Fury. Devs, plz fix.

• NegaPerere
    NegaPerere Member Posts: 25
    Options

Same here :/

• gofu
    gofu Member Posts: 133
    Options

Ok happened AGAIN today (in almost all matches), but here's something i noted, when I got stunned I was able to do it. And Another time I had to hold bloody fury button for like a good while.

• Meat_Machine
    Meat_Machine Member Posts: 7
    Options

I came to these forums to report this issue.

I have experienced the same thing, as well. I was using his two passive recharge add-ons and an ebony mori while it occured, if those happen to impact this.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,422
    edited July 2020
    Options

EDIT: This is a duplicate of this report: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/162133/pc-unable-to-activate-power-as-oni#latest

You should probably post there as it has the status "ACKNOWLEDGED" instead of here.

Still a thing in the Silent Hill patch. The ring around the power was white, I was unable to activate the power. Pressing or holding down M2 to absorb orbs did nothing, when holding down the M2 icon on the power started to flash. The following did not fix it:

• grabbing a survivor out of a locker
    • being stunned
    • attacking
    • hitting an injured survivor
    • hitting a healthy survivor
    • standing in a middle of a lot of orbs, holding or pressing M2
    • picking up a survivor
    • hooking a survivor

The power was gone for the entire game.

Logs are attached:

EDIT: This is a duplicate of this report: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/162133/pc-unable-to-activate-power-as-oni#latest

You should probably post there as it has the status "ACKNOWLEDGED" instead of here.

Post edited by Madjura on
This discussion has been closed.