Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Easy solution to hook suicides

13»

Comments

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2020

Oh I'm the ass? That's rich. Considering that your very first comment on this thread was a direct insult, tossing away and trying to de-legitimize anything and everything I've said so far by labeling it as "hilarious irony", and ignoring all of my own counter-arguments on this thread by saying I've only been ignoring people who bring up "valid points" rather than addressing them on the spot as I have been. After which you compare me to "Cathy Newman", which I can only assume is meant to be a degrading insult to my character.

If there's anyone here who's a glorified hypocrite, it's you. Name calling? I didn't call you anything, and yet here you are calling me a "hypocritical garbage fire" and an "ass", you say I've been ignoring people and proceed to outright tell me "I don't need to read much of that" in regards to my response and ignore most of it, you call me "tone deaf" yet you're utterly and completely oblivious to the fact you're doing the exact same things you accuse me of.

If that's not the textbook definition of a hypocrite I don't know what is. But go ahead, plug your ears some more, shout over me, and keep painting me as the villain here, it only makes you look even worse.

As for my "hypocritical" comment, It's not ironic because it was entirely valid. If you're constantly dying as survivor because you're messing up struggle that is definitely far more akin to a problem a new player would have than anything else. Struggling isn't meant to be difficult, and it's not something that you should be messing up on so obviously it makes sense that my first instinct would be to say "sounds like a personal problem" because it is.

I don't know how many veterans you've seen complain about messing up struggle on anywhere near a frequent basis, but I have not. Unlike survivors killing themselves on hooks to get out of games, messing up struggle is not a widespread or widely reported issue far from it. That's not a "valid counter-argument" it's hardly even related to the thread and it's nowhere near the "damning evidence" that invalidates everything I have said on the thread thus far that you claim it is.

Anything else you wanna indict me with Judge?

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

The difference between all those and DBD is that you've labeled a ton of competitive games, and MMO's have their own thing going.

DBD is a casual game. You get some games you really don't want to play, even for a couple minutes. Sometimes you just want to move on to the next game instead of lingering on some trash game you had, and you can do that with this game.

Comparing a game to every other game actually works against that argument, why should every game have the same rules and disciplines?

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

BPs are not an incentive. Idgaf and if I'm having a crap first ten seconds I'm not going to suffer it. Simple as.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

Hooks need just a rework.

1. I‘m so tired of player who see there is coming a survivor to unhook so they decide to cobe and suicide instand. It ruins the match for all other player, chance for escapes is reduced, no bp/emblems for unhooking and healing, only one hook for the killer... the Game shouldn’t give survivor this way (it’s same as dc)
    2. you can’t punish player for miss the button/spacebar cause of lags or sometimes player press to slow. I‘m a rank 1 surv, but sometimes I’m just to slow to smash the button :-( the second hookstage is just trash and the devs argument for this „the player shouldn’t go to the kitchen“ is laughable!
    3. A solution could be: just hang on the the hook, before you go to stage 2 you can threetimes try to selfunhook OR just remove the punishment for trying cobe, so the timer is always the same. The second stage shouldn’t force a player to smash a button/spacebar like a monkey, use easy skillchecks, bigger than this of cages, so nobody miss it. With this we have another advantage: survivor can’t die to give the hatch ;)
    4. Btw the other new trend is that you run cross the whole map to a unhook or you are near the hook and the person on hook thinks: fine, I get unhooked so I try fast to cobe for the points... I hate it, just that player try it in this situation