A lil upset about the new sets..

Options

Alright so I get why the lisa Garland and the legion outfits come in a set, but why does pyramid head and cheryl's other outfits come in sets? I don't get it at all, it just forces you to wear the whole set and it ruins mixing the cosmetics to make the character look like how you like it, which I hate. It reminds me of rainbow six siege's elite skins and it just doesn't make sense to me why they would do this. I really hope they don't do this in the future where they force you to use a whole set of something instead of being able to mix and match them with other cosmetics unless it actually changes the character in a drastic way like the bunny legion and the lisa Garland outfit, at that point it feels like they're just trying to charge you for the whole set

Comments

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489
    Options

"it ruins mixing the cosmetics to make the character look like how you like it"

This is exactly the reason why, the license holder wants the characters to loop a specific way, they want the character to look the way they want the character to look.

• Witherrr
    Witherrr Member Posts: 85
    Options

I seriously doubt it considering this is the biggest licensed dlc we've had, with there even being cosmetics that are from silent hill for the original killers and even an easter egg with the whole charm thing. Just seems weird as hell they wouldn't want us customizing someone

• Witherrr
    Options

It's weird they would want that though, especially considering cheryl has shirts you can mix with her default leggings and head, it's just weird to me, but I guess I couldn't expect less from Konami

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

That's a dress-up for other characters.

These are the actual SH characters, probably makes it a different story.

• Witherrr
    Options

Maybe, thanks for letting me know, helps me appreciate it a little more knowing the reason why it's like that

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Please do not take this as a fact though, this is just a theory using what i know.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

Really weird that Konami pay so much attention to how their characters should look. As you know they often add ridiculous outfits in SH games as easter eggs and they affraid that their characters look funny in dbd.

• Witherrr
    Options

That's just konami for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really don't get it because pyramid head would look badass with the prestige body and that new head, and cheryl's dark hair with the prestige 1 and 2 body.. The opportunities..

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    Options

Yeah besides the Lisa & Alessa skins, the rest we should be able to mix & match. I don’t see how Konami wouldn’t be ok with us swapping Cheryls hair yet they’re ok with us equipping some ugly ass charms on their characters?

Might be off-topic but I’ve found a majority of the games charms to be tacky & clip through your clothes anyway.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Because forcing you to buy the entire set is more profitable.

But the consumers who are fed up with this aren't going to buy it.

• Witherrr
    Options

Exactly, I don't get it... It ruins the magic of self-expression that the game has

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158
    Options

This doesn't make any sense because behavior said they're letting them make whatever outfits they want basically, like the PH skin and Cheryl's non legendary skins, behavior made those AND you can actually change her default skin from the game with those random shirts. Also pyramid head has been shoved in and ruined in the later silent hill games so i don't think they're too protective of how he looks

But with it being Konami i guess it doesn't have to make sense

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

Would disagree on that. Mix&Match would probably have more sales, because people might just want to play with a different Head Cosmetic. Those would not buy anything, while players who want the whole Set will still buy it.

Furthermore, if someone only wants one piece of the Set, they might still end up buying the whole Outfit, just if they change their mind later. But if they dont get the piece they like, they will not buy it in the first place.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited June 2020
    Options

You know what.

You're absolutely right. I Love mixing outfits with P3 heads and Pyramid Head's outfits don't allow you to customize. So they won't be getting my $$$.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

The common theory is that it was a Konami decision and while i'm not dismissing that theory, it's certainly not going to be exclusive to licensed content. As an upcoming Nea outfit is going to be a set: https://www.leaksbydaylight.com/pyramidhead-endgamecollapse-anniversary/

So expect this to become a somewhat common thing. Thank goodness we got bunny Feng before this feature existed.

• VIle
    VIle Member Posts: 167
    Options

Also letting my voice be heard on 'sets' I too am not a fan. I like mixing and matching and the inability to do that literally lost the game 8 cosmetic sales.

I'd planned on buying every single one. The Alt Pyramid head skin, Lisa, Alessa, both Cheryl alternative costumes, and all 4 bunnies. Because i'm a HUGE SH fan (like many) I was even hoping in the future for Magical girl Cheryl and Dark Alessa versions..

I bought the auric cells BEFORE knowing all this, that's my bad, but now they just sit on my account a waste of money because I don't want to buy

A re-skin with no different movements or audio or anything making them unique enough to validate the purchase. While I get the desire to keep certain characters canon, at the very LEAST Cheryl SHOULD be able to mix and match because her character is always on the run from the order and it actually makes SENSE to have her change her hair, and outfits often.

Just my two cents as someone thats been a fan of SH since it was first imported in 1999. There's not much to be done as it's up the the Devs, but I'm voting with my wallet here and not a cent more will be spent until theres at least an announcement. They could have been a little clearer on the cosmetics that 'sets' mean there is ZERO customization and no swapping parts, to allow the consumers to make an informed decision to buy or not to buy.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

But the point is in the grand scheme of things it's not more profitable.

A lot of the cosmetics gain traction because people like to mix and match.

With Cheryl's blonde green outfit I like every piece of it but I would like to mix and match it however with a black hair outfit I only really like the hair.

People in that situation I just simply not going to buy the black haired outfit so instead of the chance of somebody buying

The black hair - 300 cells

The other green top - 300 cells

Using her blood skirt

Now you're going to get people who just don't buy anything technically Konami is losing out on a lot more money