Insidious Rework?

Marigoria
Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I have a couple thousand hours in this game, and don't remember ever seeing insidious being used in a skillful play.

Instead, killers only use it to camp, making Borrowed Time also not work because of the lack of Terror Radius.

In my opinion insidious is an outdated perk and should be either removed or reworked to add more interesting gameplay.

Would like to see others' opinions on it.

Insidious Rework? 26 votes

I'd like to see it reworked
73%
GHERBEARRULESCheersThe_DaydreamerMat_SellaInnCognitoHorror_GamingArashiNoHantabkillercTaigaAhoyWolfDetailedDetrimentMusicalhexGamekeeperPior_MorteNoneFieldMarsauce223JeffIsJesusNick1225AberrantPsychologist 19 votes
I think it is fine how it is
26%
GrobovshickpichumudkipSebaOutbreakbjorksnasnotstarboardPepegamingSwitcheroo 7 votes

Comments

• Grobovshick
    Grobovshick Member Posts: 19

I believe we need to stay this perk for campers (btw I hate this killer's style but who am I to dictate game rules).

New perks we'll see in next chapters and I'm looking forward it.

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265
    edited July 2020

How I would rework it:

Insidious: Unlocks the stealth ability. Standing still for 3/2/1 seconds grants you the Undetectable Status Effect. You remain Undetectable after moving for 4/5/6 seconds. You are not granted the Undetectable Status Effect when standing within 16 meters of a hooked survivor.

This way it can't be abused for camping but it also rewards you for sacrificing some pressure on purpose.

Post edited by GHERBEARRULES on
  • SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399

Nah. I believe there are other perks needing more attention than Insidious. While it is mostly used by Basement Bubba and shameless campers, the perk can be used in other situations; it's just that Killers always go with the same meta perks so there's no variety or room for new strategies.

I don't think it's a great perk. But not terrible enough to need a rework, in my opinion.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,831

Standing still for 0 seconds? Are you talking anything greater than 0, or permanent Undetectable?

• notstarboard

I'd be happy with a rework too, but I think it doesn't necessarily need changing. It's a niche perk that's very rarely used, but it's a blast to meme with and I think there's something to be said for that. I think it's hilarious when Bubbas use it to guard the basement chest, but it's also entertaining standing around the corner from an exit gate and going for a grab to jump scare the poor survivor doing the opening :D

If it got more use and mostly for camping, I'd fast track a rework. As is though, I'd put a rework to it low on the list.

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265

I didn't think this through. Maybe 3/2/1 seconds?

• notstarboard

That would be better! I'd like to see it work for a bit longer after you trigger it and also have a short cooldown just so you can't just stop every six seconds and effectively have permanent undetectable while also being able to move.