The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What is your "secret weapon" (godly build)?

Thought this might be a fun general discussion and might help people find builds for characters they havent played yet. So any and all builds are welcomed and of course some of these builds might already be used by other people or arent very unique. But everyone is different.

Since im a freddy main ill do my freddy build.

Ruin,survelliance,discordance,bbq (gonna replace discordance with pgtw when i get it). Good luck doing a gen though with the current one.

Survivor i have meg.

BT,Deliverance,Ds,Unbreakable. Bt into deliverance get unhooked killer slugs i get back up killer chases me i jump into a locker and ds him. Go ahead do something.

Thank you and hope to see some good suggestions. See you all in the fog!

Comments

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

Endurance and Spirit Fury are too good together, for a quick 2 hit down. Brutal Strength makes up for the missed opportunity.

Bamboozle is the secret weapon of choice. Denies the sneakiest survivors the back window.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited June 2020

I'm not as good as I was before her rework but my revenge build was.

Nurse with MYC, BBQ, Corrupt Intervention or PGTW(was old ruin) and the 4th is whatever I feel like. NC, Franklins if I see a lot of items, noed if I want to be salty, iron maiden if I suspect locker jukes.

Hook someone, leave, if I don't find someone by the time the rescue is made I go back and hunt the one who made the save.

• MintMintz
    MintMintz Member Posts: 13

For your meg build, you should replace either bt or ds with cheryls perk, soul guard.

also, personally I usually run Adrenaline, Unbreakable, soulguard, and fourth is whatever I have that’s lying around, usually spinechill or ds

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

My favorite Wraith build that I consider to be not what the meta would dictate for him:

MYC, StBfL, Thrilling Tremors, and Surge. NO add ons (since I dislike being reliant on add ons).

Starting with the obvious, StBfL is a great perk for Wraith since he has nothing going for him once he's in a chase, so the reduced cooldown on hits really improve his ability to chase. This synergizes with MYC, as you can potentially down the obsession in a single hit as opposed to two, conserving stacks. Plus, MYC is my "snowball" perk, allowing me to not tunnel and not lose momentum.

Surge and Thrilling Tremors are my slowdown and finding perks...Surge is a guarantee to go off as you down people and saves a lot of time so you can get on to the next chase immediately (seriously, this perk is criminally underrated on M1 killers IMO) , and Thrilling Tremors is a minor slowdown perk and acts as a pseudo-BBQ at the same time, telling me where to go looking as an alternative to MYC for continuing the momentum.

This build has had great success in red ranks, and combined with solid fundamentals on Wraith keeps the game rolling. Obviously if you get a terrible map for killers without map pressure you'll struggle a bit, but even on more neutral maps this build has gone wonderfully for me.

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298

Self care + Botany + medkit. YES, I know it's cool to hate on self care right now but a lot of people don't realize how powerful that added efficiency is.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274
    edited June 2020

Since I play Clown mostly, I use Brutal, BBQ, STBLF, and NOED. I give minimal effort to stop gens because Clown is a chaser. Brutal breaks pallets faster, STBFL makes hits recover faster, BBQ for points, and NOED in case I need it. In the event that I get usage out of NOED, it usually forces the last Survivor out if I don't catch them. They can't go for saves because I attack too fast so they'd just get a hook trade, then I'll chase out the person they saved. If I have to deal with a team, then I'll slug until the last person is forced out. Then I'll hook the rest.

I usually don't need NOED though.

And I'm laughing while I do it.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I like to run Freddy and Bubba. For Freddy I typically run M&A, BBQ, Discordance, and PGTW. For Bubba I use BBQ, Nemesis, PWYF, and Discordance.

For survivors I usually run only Feng Min because I have her equipped with the teachable perks that I want: self-care, Lithe, Dance with me, and either Spine Chill or DH.

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158

So many different killer builds but all the survivor "builds" are just meta perks. Devs got a lot of wasted potential imo, they listened to the crybabies that only want to win every game instead focusing on what's fun

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Survivor:

Item: Medkit with plenty of charges.

SpineChill, Fixated, SB, Botany

This is fantastic for avoiding a killer coming to a gen, Spine Chill goes off, you make sure they're really coming, hit the sprint button once and walk away from the gen keeping yourself out of view. You could do SB alone, but I've had so many close calls where if I was a hair later from going behind the bush I would've been spotted. Also times when I did only use Spring Burst but was seen just before I hid so I prefer the combo.

Killer: Spirit

Addons: Faster Activation with Better Post Lunge or Faster Phasing Speed.

Perks: Brutal Strength/Spirit Fury, Fire-Up, Enduring, Bamboozle/Whispers/STBFL/Remember Me.

Really, using mostly chase perks on Spirit makes me feel unstoppable, and it's been seriously successful for me.

Completely unnecessary for her to use chase perks, but you'll feel stupid fast if you do.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited June 2020

Hex: Devour Hope of course.

It's not a dependable secret weapon, but its reveal & success always put a smile on my face.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

this aint even about the post but eww freddy, i dont get how people have fun playing freddy all he does is m1 and teleport what part of that is gratifying to the killer or survivor why not play nurse or huntress or someone who doesnt just press m1 and down people

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

I've been running with Pop, BBQ, infectious and corrupt on Billy and it works wonders.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Mint rag, shackles, make your choice hag. Can be oppressive.

with mori it’s brutal.

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765

Pallet Legion:

Pop goes the weasel, enduring, spirit fury and blood echo.

Add-ons: Iridescent button and stolen sketch book.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

If I’m super salty from a few games of SWF death squads I am ashamed to say but I bring out Iri huntress with a Mori, if killer queue times are long I don’t bring the mori because I don’t want a loading screen DC

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2020

"Rock x Hard Place" Plague Build:

Dying Light, Thanatophobia, Surge, BBQ/Corrupt intervention/Pop goes the Weasel.

Add-ons: Efficiency, Cooldown, or Black Incense.

Summary: This build is designed to heavily punish survivors that refuse to cleanse. 4 stacks of DL + full Thana debuff = -28% repair efficiency. Surge popping a gen with its 8% damage can normally be repaired in 6 seconds, but with this build it ends up taking around 13 which buys you more time to pressure the survivors. The only team member that is mostly immune to the heavy slowdown is the Obsession, so after hooking them twice, just leave them slugged every time you down them afterwards unless/until you've already killed 1 or 2 survivors. If they choose to cleanse in order to defeat the slowdown caused by Thanatophobia however, you just take advantage of the best ranged damage in the game and really let them have it. Typically by the time there are 3 gens remaining the repair progress is slowed to a crawl. The Survivors are literally screwed either way: Cleanse = Get rocked by Plagues ranged attack. Don't Cleanse = Remain in a 1 shot state and suffer very slow gen progress.

Rock... meet Hard place.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Your meg build is just very strong and popular build. I don't know too much about Freddy though.

I play dwight with his base perks because the only good dwight is a baby dwight.

I play GF with Corrupt, Discordance, nurses, and BBQ. Covers his lack of strength at the start and then as the game goes on you basically know where everyone is and what they're doing for easy sneaks.

On Myers I run the basic Corrupt/Pop, Bamboozle, Infectious, and BBQ. I replace bbq with monitor sometimes for the extra range on infectious and the sneak factor, but I really like double BP. You end chases quick and snowball like a madman just to get like 20k at the endgame screen because the game didn't go on long enough lmao

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Im Trapper main

Bag + Green darken

Rancor, Furtive chase, Save best fLast, Blood warden.

-The most important thing is to able to down a Survivor in End game (down obsession is better) and lay some traps around. First they have to avoid traps. A survivor tries to unhook, either I double hit them for Save best fLast, or one hit Rancor with Furtive chase. When I know down Survivor is their last hook, I will try to open the Gate until hook them.

Bag + Blood coil

Thanatophobia, Coulrophobia, Sloppy, Nurse calling

-Let them disarm, injure themselves, then the perks will help me with that.

Fasten tool + Blood coil

Mad grit, Agitation, Iron grab, Monstrous shrine.

-I will make sure you stay in basement forever once you down. This build is actually work great vs SWF.

Purple stone + Green Jaw

Infectious fright, Knockout, Deer stalker, Nurse calling

-Purple stone and Infectious fright help me to find other survivors, Green jaw and Nurse help me to find injured survivors, and I can keep putting pressure from those without worrying about dying survivor with Deer stalker (I have low memory) & Knockout

Any bag + any darken

Make your choice, Iron maiden, Hex haunted ground, Noed

-One hit wonder, no explaination.

And this is why I really want Devs to improve QoL by adding save loadouts. I just cant change loadout after every match.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited June 2020

Doctor: Distressing, Overcharge, Unnerving Presence, Coulrophobia. "Discipline" Class III + High Stimulus Electrode.

You can't hide for long, you aren't getting anything done quickly or reliably, and my shock range is ridiculous. If you three-gen yourselves, the game is over.

• Endyyyyy
    Endyyyyy Member Posts: 1

Myers : BBQ + Fire Up + Brutal Strength + Corrupt Intervention , J.Myers Memorial + Fragrant Tuft of Hair.

My "Super Fast Myers" build, basically just general speed up of what ever he does. Combo with infinite T3 I usually end chase very fast cuz all the action been speed up. BBQ is replaced with Bamboozle or PWYF sometimes.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Best Spirit build IMO:

BBQ

Discordance

MYC

PGTW

Mother/Daughter Ring

Katsumori Talisman

Snowballing and map pressure is insanely good, you get intel in real time, and enough speed to do something about it.

• felipao_brabo
    felipao_brabo Member Posts: 169

no mither, object of obsession, self care, inner strength and a green key

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Hag is my main and while she doesn't actually need perks to be viable my build for her just helps. I use Corrupt, Unrelenting, BBQ, and Monitor with teleport range add-ons. For survivor my build is a versatile one of Lithe, Kindred, Self Care, and I switch out the fourth sometimes Spine Chill and sometimes Borrowed Time.

• 1nsignia
    1nsignia Member Posts: 306

I main plague and while she doesn't get her power as much I use some perks that might force them to through my aggressive playstyle.

BBQ: c'mon its extra points and location reveal

Corrupt: for early game

Brutal strength: a good survivor knows you can cancel her power through a pallet stun and when survivors are infected they almost drop every pallet in order to not be one hit.

Monitor and abuse: to sneak up on survivors and get a full puke on emergency and one shot or a sneaky puke snipe here or there.

Addons: none. I find it ruins you playstyle and especially with plague. And I challenge myself with almost every killer like this. And plague can fully infect with one full stream, so if your aims good, why the trouble.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited June 2020

Surveillance, ruin, pop, surge. Slap it on pretty much anyone and you are good. Essentially it's turning an entire build into an excuse to have surveillance on as many gens as possible as often as possible for that sweet sweet game winning info. You can never go wrong going all in on surveillance. Surge being the weird oddball regression perk that actually combos well with all three other perks kinda tieing it all together. Terrible on its own but covers the weaknesses of both other regression perks.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

My godly build is CHAOS.

I use a secret offering at the beginning. ITS A SHROUD.

I hook a survivor then go straight towards the other end of the map. I DO NOT HAVE BBQ.

Blendette was found in grass. Her ability to hide shattered. I WAS RANDOMLY SLASHING AT CORNERS AND GOT LUCKY.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I haven't tried it yet but I want to run Deathbound and MYC. The unhooked heals the hooked survivor then revealed their location, they also get the oblivious status.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Freddy: Discordance, Hex: Ruin, surveillance, Barbecue and Chili.

Nurse (before the nerf, when I was better) Monitor & Abuse, A Nurse's Calling, I'm All Ears, Barbecue & Chili.

Extra (only works on a few maps, namely rotten fields)

Deathslinger: Barbecue & Chili, A Nurse's Calling, Monitor & Abuse, Save The Best For Last.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Spirit with new gen grab build: Ruin + Surveillance + Prayer Beads. With every phase you get a lot of information because many gens just turn white and after the phase yellow again. If you don't go for every yellow gen and switch your behaviour once they started to know what build you run, they get more comfy with "need that gen done" and stay on it. Then best thing is when you hit the obsession to start the chase and everyone sees, then phase to the gen you know is been working on. Not as easy as old Prayer Beads, but I get like 2-4 grabs on average.

Another one I recently enjoyed very much: Furtive Chase, Nemesis, Make Your Choice. Nemesis to get your obsession easily or restart when the chain breaks, hook obsession, next one to unhook becomes the new obsession and is oblivious and exposed. And the audio cue starting when you chase your obsession tells you "this guy is exposed as long as the MYC timer runs". Works best with any high mobility killer like nurse, Spirit, Hag with "always teleport" addon, wraith with cloaked speed addon, Freddy.

You cannot run Soulguard "usually", it is just one week old 🙄😆

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

My unstoppable Oni setup goes like this: Infectious for snowballing. Corrupt for easy gen pressure. Pop for regressing gens. Finally, barbecue for knowing the locations of people to use blood fury on, and double BP. Add-ons are scalped topknot for quick demon dash, and lion fang for a longer blood fury.

• KiloOfSalt
    KiloOfSalt Member Posts: 91

The best deathslinger combo I found was Wardens Keys (Moderately reduces reload time), Tin Oil Can (Decreases missed shot cooldown), and Save the Best for Last.

• Every1poops
    Every1poops Member Posts: 63

Been using Nemisis, PWYF, Dark Devotion and Ruin/Corrupt for non stealth killers.

On stealthy bois good old antiheal perks

Sloppy, nurses, thana, and 1 gen slowdown

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    edited June 2020

For The People, Resilience, Iron Will, BT.

Trust me. If you're not scared of being injured or playing risky, this build will pay you dividends quickly.

Edit: forgot killer build

Ghostface build that carried me to rank one: Pop, I'm All Ears, STBFL, Whispers

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

No mither, self care, for the people and inner strength. The ultimate power move.