Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why "Trail of Torment" Is a Failure of a Stealth Perk

Semimatic
Semimatic Member Posts: 162

The perk sounds exciting at first, but has a huge flaw: revealing the generator in yellow.

I know that has been told a lot, but let me explain why that's a huge flaw by detailing other stealth perks:

• Dark Devotion makes you Undetectable.
  • Tinkerer makes you Undetectable.
  • Trail of Torment makes you Undetectable and reveals the generator in yellow.

Each of these stealth perks has some sort of conditional to activate it to compensate for the great ability that comes with stealth. Trail of Torment turning a generator yellow would have a fair tradeoff if the cooldown was really short... but wait, the cooldown is lengthy?

Not only does highlighting the generator literally remove the essence of stealth, but there is a conditional to activate it (breaking a generator) and a lengthy cooldown to go with it. The purpose of a stealth perk is for survivors to not anticipate an attack, and with a lengthy cooldown with the perk already, it already removes two core features of the perk:

• Effectiveness (Power)
  • Resilience

In my opinion, they need to remove the generator turning yellow. The cooldown is lengthy by default as well, and that compensates for it enough.

Comments

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Inflict the survivors with blindness and you remove the yellow generator aura as a problem. While this in no way puts it on par with Dark Devotion because you have to blind the survivors first, and because it has a short duration + long cooldown between activation's, It is a bit of a meme way to use it more effectively.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Why did I get a notification for this?