These tome missions are absolute trash

MTK
MTK Member Posts: 77

"Interrupt and grab 6 survivors" yeah good luck doing that ever in red ranks, the only feasible way of doing this mission is to get in a bp farm game and spam it on survivors on gens.

"15 hatchet hits in a single game" This has been the most cancerous so far since 15 hatchets pretty much means I won't be using m1 ever even when the situation calls for it.

"Hide within 10 meters of killer as dwight for 30 seconds and then escape" Yeah let me just crouch near the killer and contribute nothing to the team and escape the trial..

Who even comes up with these missions?

Comments

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

Yeah, there was a thing about a week ago when some, myself included, felt so bad about the ######### toxic behaviour and lengths we(Killers) had to go to to get some of these that we posted apology threads because it was way outside our usual playstyles and mannerisms. Yeah... was not a good feeling, ESPECIALLY when there came really ######### toxic comments from Survies(who had not even bothered to skim the totems to see what we were forced to do for those bloodpoints). So, yeah, I feel ya, friend.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

Dwight one is easy. Just stay near when he picks up someone to hook them. Then get the save,if they don't camp. If they do stay there for a bit and then go do some work lol. The grab one is BS though. I don't know about on PC,but on PS4 it doesn't work half the time. Sometimes it starts the animation and does nothing,sometimes it starts and you get a hit instead. I dunno. Servers don't seem up to it a lot of times. If they let go of the gen at any time,it seems like it cancels it. I didn't even attempt to try. Would probably be best to go as Myers or GF,so a person would at least have a chance. I don't mind a lot of them,but some of them are ridiculous. I aslo don't like how they put super easy ones next to hard ones. Like you might go from disturb 50 crows to having to hook 3 people in the basement in a single match or something. I don't disagree on some of these though. I'm a P3 Huntress main and didn't even bother with most of hers.

• LegacyPls
    LegacyPls Member Posts: 4

For interrupt 6 survivors try no bell wraith or myers. Burn Gideon Meat Plant or Lerys for more walls.

15 hatchets is easier if you slug instead and run perks that extend the game like corrupt intervention and thanatophobia

I agree being useless with the hide within 10 meters for 30 seconds luckily it seems Dwight themed and it won't be returning in future tomes.

None of them are too difficult. Some don't feel rewarding enough for what you give up, like winning the game chasing the killer sometimes.

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320

I can only get grabs and interrupts when I'm not trying. Gonna stay far away from that mission for now.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Got the grabs within 4 games with Spirit, Prayer Beads, Ruin, Surveillance. Half of the grabs were pallet or vault grabs, they count as well, so do hook grabs or totem grabs. Bring Thrill of the Hunt as well to get the totem grabs and protect your Ruin, to keep the information flow where to go for gen grabs.

It is a level 4 master challenge, should be a challenge to get that, yeah. And making a challenge at the end of a path (not being a blocker to anything) that says "play the Huntress like she is supposed to be played" seems not like trash to me. I'm not looking forward to that challenge either as I don't really play nor like playing Huntress, but maybe I even change my mind after getting that one, because I guess I will be learning a lot of Huntress gameplay before I finish that challenge.

The 60 second challenge was way harder, for 30 seconds just bring map offerings for any indoor map (except Lerys, you need 2 floors). You don't have to follow the killer, if you just hide from him once when he approaches to a progressed gen near you, you almost have 10 seconds done already. You can even do that properly on Badham or Haddonfield. Just bring balanced landing as well to escape silently through a window when the killer approaches, and you get even more stealth time on the challenge.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Yep I farmed them, no shame given. I'm not stupid and attempt it for hours. I did both in 20 minutes by farming with survivors.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I would love to know the thought process behind the Tome challenges. There's too many challenges that either rely on broken mechanics or force you to play in really stupid ways.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Getting grabs is not particularly hard as killer. Yeah it may take a few games but window grabs, locker grabs are pretty common. Especially with certain killers. I saw someone above recommended Spirit. I'd recommend Clown. Hitting someone with a bottle makes the survivor slow/slow vault. Makes grabs very easy imo.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I have disliked the majority of them so far.