Why do killers have it so easy compared to survivors? (anniversary crowns)

2»

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

The problem I have is that not only is survivor more difficult than killer because it requires escaping, but my survivor queues are taking [BAD WORD[ing forever while killer queues are instant, which makes it a lot more miserable. It'd be fine if I could get into matches quickly. Bad match, no problem? Hop into the next one and try again. But instead it requires a crapton of waiting, and that makes the game more frustrating and miserable than anything, having matches that are shorter than the wait time and end with very little BP and no event item to make up for just how unfun the whole thing is.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Because people were killing themselves on hook last time for a quicker grind

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

I mean the killers have a harder time with a lot of other aspects of the game,so in a way it seems fair to me. If the matchmaking is going to pair a yellow rank with a team of reds,why shouldn't they at least be able to get the crown and keep it? They probably aren't going to get a 4k. I main both. That's just my reasoning.

It's way easier for me to click a thing and escape with a good team than it is for a killer to get a 4k,imo,also. I'm just using that as an equivalent (the 4k) because no one is purposing what would've been fair. Even if they had to get one sacrifice with the glow active,would that be fair? Or have to keep refreshing it until the end?

Who knows why they did it. Maybe they read the forums and see the posts almost every single day from a low rank complaining they can't get a single kill because it puts them against reds. Or all the complaints the sound bugs making people want to stop playing killer. I can't speak for them though. Maybe they either thought this was the fairest way, or couldn't think of something that wouldn't cause even more complaints.

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198

If Killers AFK after getting the crown, that's literally a pass for survivors to get their own crown and leave

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

I tried to do the same but people started acting like jerks. They wanted to bully because apparently they thought I sucked,and not that I was intentionally trying to be nice. Anyways after early afternoon yesterday I haven't even seen anyone trying to get a crown. Seems like everyone went back to their licensed mains.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

I get you in one way yes the crowns themself are easily kept but I’ve been depipping every game through playing the event so that does suck I’m forced between depipping and getting a crown or sweating and not having time to find one unless I slug last guy and try to find one

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

But we're not talking about the game over all, we're talking about a cosmetic. One that even adds a second object of survivors to accomplish during the match. Making it even less likely they'll escape.