Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This event has been miserable so far

JasonS
JasonS Member Posts: 100

Played 5 games as killer, two 4 man SWF squads and 3 people with Keys, stacked medkits and toolboxes everywhere.

Every game has Flashlights in it so forget trying to play Hag or Wraith.

Plus the cosmetic doesn't even look good on any killer besides Plague. You can hardly even see it on Spirit.

Comments

• JasonS
    JasonS Member Posts: 100

I honestly don't care if I get the crown or not, it looks like ######### anyway. The quality of the matches has just been awful.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

As killer you get to face rude acting SWF teams and as solo survivor you meet survivors that work with the killer. Good times! Happens every event.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I haven't started on the survivor side, but I finished the killer side about an hour ago. Took me around 3 and a half hours to get the crown on all the killers. If I have one issue, it's that I had to play killers I don't even have leveled (only got 9 so far), so part of my matches were me finding the crown and depiping. Although I was surprised how good I was at Trapper for my very first go! There was only two characters I had to repeat because I didn't find it. Granted, again I prioritized finding the crown, and in one of those instances I didn't since we had three offerings of BPS.

I'm expecting survivor to take much, much longer.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I choose to stay at low ranks as killer because it's far more entertaining. I'm not killing anyone, but we are all grinding Bloodpoints.

It's been a blast for me, and I've only played killer, re-playing survivor when the actual offerings start working to 104%.

What rank are you? I'm just curious because lower ranks are so much more fun and relaxing.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I'm trying to imagine what you even are talking about. You took the crown and stood still long enough for the crown to disappear from the pedestal? Doesn't it disappear right when you take the crown?

Anyway ya, the event's been pretty rough. Any game I play there's always one survivor that just wants to kill themselves in the very beginning for some reason and make the game 3v1. I don't understand it. Like maybe they feel like if they get hooked once it decreases their odds of living and they'd rather let go and start over? I have no clue, but even after 1 hook I personally feel like there's still a decent chance to get out with a crown. I don't know, I'm just wondering where these hook suicides I'm getting multiple games in a row are coming from.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

I've been playing killer mostly this evening and I didn't even know there was an event until I checked the forums ...

Now I feel bad for not letting people get crowns. I didn't understand why some of the survivors were so easy to track with pixie dust all over them...

😬

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I haven't experienced it first hand but survivors are going to start acting VERY selfish for those crowns.

• Zoophage
    Zoophage Member Posts: 122

I can honestly say that this has, for whatever reason, been the most toxic event ever. Both as a Survivor AND Killer. Absolutely ridiculous. Why?!

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I keep telling myself events can't get any worse in terms of toxicity, but each one ups the ante every single time lol.

I haven't played killer today, but I am for sure just going to get my 4 stacks of BBQ and let everyone escape. I don't care if I depip. I won't give in to the toxicity myself, no matter how bad it's been tonight for survivor. I played a game just now as Claudette where we managed to actually repair all the gens and everything. Guess what, for the life of me I could NOT find a crown so I had to escape without one. Feels bad, man.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Yep been depipping to toxic scum all evening. Just geting my BBQ and C hooks in. Some games have been nice but most have been rather poor.

I don't feel I need or should do it but I wanted to practice some new killers against a less sweaty crowd and if you gonna de-rank anyway then...

I've let so many people go only to be abused in the post game. Normally I wouldn't care but it is starting to get to me tonight. Tomorrow is back to my mains Hag, Trapper and Doc. Might even bring a few mori's along as I'm all out of favours.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

Yeah if you move before the sparkles appear it cancels the interaction. That happenedto me as clown but i didnt notice i didnt have it until the round ended and had to try again.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332

Well, to be fair. You have to beat 4 people trying to get the crown as well. It's not as hard but it's not like nothing at all is competing for the crowns.

I like to let people go with the crown every once in a while personally as killer. It sucks we can't use these crowns on liscensed killers because I think it would look neat on demo-or perhaps PH-

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

personally just to be a dbag, ive been bringing noed, franklins, sloppy and pop on my spirit with the mother daughter ring, and amulet combo with a mori. have 56 left just for this event. If i run out itll be iri head huntress. Tis the season

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Yesterday I got bodyblocked in a single gen room in one of the houses in Springwood by a Nea because I got a crown. Events really bring out the worst in people, this community doesn't deserve them.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

After getting the crowns for my killers, I've just been farming BP as Pyramid Head (I'm leveling him up, so he's getting all the cakes and I'm using them). Mostly I get gen rushed by survivors in red and purple ranks while I'm a rank 16. Fun. Even when they're potatoes, though, I've been letting everyone escape. A few have died by accident (one while farming, so I look forward to a ban if they decide to report me -_-), but otherwise everyone gets to go because do unto others, right?

I still have to get the crowns for my survivors. I haven't done a single survivor match yet because the queues were really long. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm not great at surviving on a normal day, and if killers are going hardcore instead of playing nice I'm gonna be having a miserable time.

• LegionMain343
    LegionMain343 Member Posts: 198

I was expecting a way harder match for nurse, but I did suprisingly well for a amateur. 4k'd a team o.o

• LegionMain343

But- at the same time, it hides itself once someone takes the crown, and if you aren't fast enough to get it, it hides again. Making it somewhat difficult to juggle a game and find the crown if it goes by to quick(on a killer's end at least).

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222
    edited June 2020

it is too hard to get survivor crowns i barely find them, sometimes i forget to look , and there arent enough spawns tbh they need to make it so atleast 3/4 survivors can get crowns easier.

• 5thPerkSlot
    5thPerkSlot Member Posts: 395

SWF encourage to have more fun due to it is more challenging and trollish

Definitely you should try my build against them: LIGHTBORN + FRANKLIN'S DEMISE + IRON GRASP + BLOOWARDEN

WARNING! BLOODWARDEN IS BROKEN IN THE NEW MAP THO!!

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Oh lord I lost and I lost hard. Expected to. Her exhaustion after she blinks messes with my eyes too much. Got her crown though.

• LegionMain343

Huntress was difficult, mostly because I couldn't find the crown. I had a super clutch game with her when I did find a crown tho

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

I don't know if it's the MOST toxic event so far. From what I remember the hallowed blight event was pretty toxic all around as well. As was outlined in Sir Rodion's "Halloween event in a nutshell" video.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Plague was so disqusted with the idea of parties and crowns(in the match I played with her), that she vomited all over the pedestal that she and I came up on at the same time. Lol

I still grabbed it and she was mad and chased me the whole match. In the end she let me live! I was shocked!

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Welcome to a DbD event. Where you see the worst of everyone.