The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This ptb thing is very silly

what is the point if you can't get a lobby for 1hr
what is the point if the console players can't join
why you kill the update hype with this #########

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

You can get a lobby in less than 1 hour
    PC players can still test in PTB

udpate hype got killed because of trash killer ;D

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

Getting a lobby is a pain but that is due to the hype of the new killer. If you play as a survivor you will get a lobby much quicker.

The point of any PTB is to test out features for balance reasons and bugs. The point if consoles can't join is the fact that this is not a free trial of the DLC. They are still looking for things like Kill Ratio, bugs, crashing, etc that with or without consoles can still be collected.

Update Hype will happen with or without a PTB. The only way to prevent "killing" the hype would be to make the PTB more exclusive, but they won't be able to collect the data that they need for balance.

So the PTB is a great way to TEST the system and REPAIR bugs and FIX areas that need fixing.

• BlackHack
    BlackHack Member Posts: 71

@Master said:

are you happy with that?

they can only play survivor or with friend

no it's killed because the devs can't handle to make a detected servers to one of the best selling game it's too expensive

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Cause if they didn't let people try it to test it, then all we would hear for the next 6 months is how she needs to be nerf'd or buff'd. Then if the Devs do it, then all they hear is how the Devs are catering to one side over the other.

Look at how the clown worked out compared to other killers in the past.

Blame the companies that like Sony and Microsoft for the reasons why the console players get excluded. If the Devs could push out updates like they can on PC, then it wouldn't be an issue.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Master said:

It is not that the hype got killed, I am pretty sure there are more people who want to play as the killer than go against her as a survivor.
  • BlackHack

@Nightmare247 said:
    Getting a lobby is a pain but that is due to the hype of the new killer. If you play as a survivor you will get a lobby much quicker.
    The point of any PTB is to test out features for balance reasons and bugs. The point if consoles can't join is the fact that this is not a free trial of the DLC. They are still looking for things like Kill Ratio, bugs, crashing, etc that with or without consoles can still be collected.
    Update Hype will happen with or without a PTB. The only way to prevent "killing" the hype would be to make the PTB more exclusive, but they won't be able to collect the data that they need for balance.
    So the PTB is a great way to TEST the system and REPAIR bugs and FIX areas that need fixing.

it's a good concept but very bad execution

• Nightmare247

So what execution would you do?

Elmininate the PTB? I really don't think this is a good idea or beneficial for the game. Remember the idea is to Fix technical issues and repair bugs. The more testing the better.

Many games that have PTBs Rainbow Six is a great example that does not have Console PTB. To be honest I am not sure that this is not a limitation to the hardware. Not enough hard drive space or they run on different connections which cost more etc. While it would be nice for more people to test only part of the community is needed and PC has both the platform and the opportunity that the console does not have.

Maybe to prevent the "kill" the hype train they should prevent streaming of the PTB and only allow certain players to play? Then again they cannot stress test and gather general usage statistics. You may only get elite player details or all level 20 players.

So what do you suggest to make it better without removing the PTB?

• BlackHack

@Nightmare247 said:
    So what execution would you do?
    Elmininate the PTB? I really don't think this is a good idea or beneficial for the game. Remember the idea is to Fix technical issues and repair bugs. The more testing the better.
    Many games that have PTBs Rainbow Six is a great example that does not have Console PTB. To be honest I am not sure that this is not a limitation to the hardware. Not enough hard drive space or they run on different connections which cost more etc. While it would be nice for more people to test only part of the community is needed and PC has both the platform and the opportunity that the console does not have.
    Maybe to prevent the "kill" the hype train they should prevent streaming of the PTB and only allow certain players to play? Then again they cannot stress test and gather general usage statistics. You may only get elite player details or all level 20 players.
    So what do you suggest to make it better without removing the PTB?

Can't they push the new killer to the main build live with simple note (This new killer currently under test we will gather more info and feedback and notify you if we will make any changes ?)

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited August 2018

If it got released and was to strong or weak, the forums would be even fuller of buff and nerf posts, which is obnoxious. (Not saying there aren't any now, but not nearly as many)

I think the Clown is a good example of how well the PTB can work though. He got some minor tweaks before release, that were overall buffs to him and I will be honest, he is probably one of the most balanced killers to come out yet, but that was with a lot of player feedback from the PTB

Do we really want a situation with some of the other killers? There was no PTB for Myer's his perks got nerfed to hell, no PTB for Freddy... Saw how well that one went.

A good example of no PTB would be The Pig. She turned out fairly balanced, I think she could be a little it stronger though, but that is just my opinion.

Anyways, sure it can I guess ruin the release for people. But some people love being able to help in every way they can with the balance of this game and if that comes in the form of the newest killers and perks, then so be it. I know I want to help.

And lastly, if you really REALLLY hate it so much, how the hype dies or it ruins the release or whatever other reasons you have. You could just ignore postings when you know there is going to be a PTB, avoid ruining it for yourself, don't watch anything showing it off, nothing. Either that or turn off your computer and go do something else. Idk play CIV 5 ffs.

Have fun out there :chuffed: :+1:

• Nightmare247

@BlackHack said:

Can't they push the new killer to the main build live with simple note (This new killer currently under test we will gather more info and feedback and notify you if we will make any changes ?)

They could, however, then it would not be a test. The other thing about this game is that I believe that all DLC from at least here out (I know there was a few before this) will be paid DLC. Sure there are people who would pay for early access to games and content, but why would you have people pay for a DLC in order to test it? That DLC should already have been tested and in the game.

I think the PTB is great as it. Sorry for the console players, but if it bothers you, right now Humble Bundle has a Spooky Bundle that includes DBD for PC at $15 unlock cost with quite a few more games. This will allow you to test the PTB every time it is available.

• Rem
    Rem Member Posts: 13

Worst thing about PTB is SPOILERS! I get all hyped for the new killer and I'd like to test run it myself upon purchase but no, it's all over my youtube dashboard, everyone playing it. I don't wanna do ptb. I wanna progress the game, gain BP, level up.... By the time I get to buy the new chapter it will be old news....

• Master

@Rem said:
    Worst thing about PTB is SPOILERS! I get all hyped for the new killer and I'd like to test run it myself upon purchase but no, it's all over my youtube dashboard, everyone playing it. I don't wanna do ptb. I wanna progress the game, gain BP, level up.... By the time I get to buy the new chapter it will be old news....

I like PTB, this way my hype gets ruined before I buy the actual killer and I can make a proper decision

• Master

@Nightmare247 said:

@BlackHack said:

They could, however, then it would not be a test. The other thing about this game is that I believe that all DLC from at least here out (I know there was a few before this) will be paid DLC. Sure there are people who would pay for early access to games and content, but why would you have people pay for a DLC in order to test it? That DLC should already have been tested and in the game.

I think the PTB is great as it. Sorry for the console players, but if it bothers you, right now Humble Bundle has a Spooky Bundle that includes DBD for PC at $15 unlock cost with quite a few more games. This will allow you to test the PTB every time it is available.

Console players dont play on PC because they dont have a PC they can play on, a humble bundle wont change that :wink:

• Action_Jaxon
    Action_Jaxon Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2018

Don't most games that start out on PC work this way? I use to play Marvel Heroes Omega and a few others where everything was tested on PC before making it's way to console. Not sure why it's made to be such a big deal when it comes to DBD.

• Nightmare247

@Master said:

Console players dont play on PC because they dont have a PC they can play on, a humble bundle wont change that :wink:

There are plenty of Console players who may own systems that can play the game but prefer to play on the convenience of the console. They just have not elevated yet to the premier gaming platform....PC.

• Master

@Nightmare247 said:

@Master said:

There are plenty of Console players who may own systems that can play the game but prefer to play on the convenience of the console. They just have not elevated yet to the premier gaming platform....PC.

Name me one reason why you should prefer playing on console over PC. I literally cant think of a single reason and I own a console too. The only reason for my console to exist are console-exclusive titles and tbh I hate that marketing #########

• Nightmare247

Convenience. They don't have to move from the couch or bed via the controller. They may have family who also uses the same computer for work or school so the PC is not available. Space...Desktop PCs take up space and even with the processing power of laptops some of those are unable to play games effectively.

How about friends? I think many of us as kids probably started playing games on the consoles. We made friends on Xbox Live or PSN that we still want to play with. They may not play PC games.

How about ease? Some people just prefer the controller over Keyboard and Mouse. Let's face it if you play controller on almost anything but Rocket League on PC you are going to get smoked by the M&K players.

So while you and I may prefer PC, there are perfectly logical reasons for some players to want to play on Console and I don't blame them.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

This is partly why these lobbies should be set up more as a KYF lobby than a normal lobby. Then people can stay in a game together and rotate as the killer, and you have access to everything. Obviously some people would use nothing but the best stuff, so maybe find a way to limit items at least for survivors. Maybe force everyone to go adept and only use the 3 perks for that killer/survivor.

• thesuicidefox

@Master said:

@Nightmare247 said:

@Master said:

Name me one reason why you should prefer playing on console over PC. I literally cant think of a single reason and I own a console too. The only reason for my console to exist are console-exclusive titles and tbh I hate that marketing #########

Maybe I don't want to spend over $1000 on a "decent" PC. Maybe I don't want to have to put the ######### together myself and deal with all that nonsense. Maybe I like the social features on Xbox. Maybe I like that every game I buy is just 'plug and play" ready, no need to match specs or adjust performance options for it to run, and no worries of it conflicting with other software. There are a lot of reasons to play on console. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that's how it is for everyone.

• Master
    edited August 2018

@thesuicidefox said:

@Master said:

@Nightmare247 said:

@Master said:

Maybe I don't want to spend over $1000 on a "decent" PC. Maybe I don't want to have to put the ######### together myself and deal with all that nonsense. Maybe I like the social features on Xbox. Maybe I like that every game I buy is just 'plug and play" ready, no need to match specs or adjust performance options for it to run, and no worries of it conflicting with other software. There are a lot of reasons to play on console. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that's how it is for everyone.

So it boils down that you dont want to spend enough money for appropiate hardware.
    What special social features does xbox have?

Funny that you mention performance issuse as a console DBD player :wink:

I have never occured any technical issues when playing the big games that are on console too. Of course some indie games might cause some issues, but those arent even release on console ofc

If you like consoles, thats fine, I dont like them, but do me a favour and dont complain about the limitations of a console then :wink:

• thesuicidefox
    edited August 2018

@Master said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Master said:

@Nightmare247 said:

@Master said:

So it boils down that you dont want to spend enough money for appropiate hardware.
    What special social features does xbox have?

Funny that you mention performance issuse as a console DBD player :wink:

I have never occured any technical issues when playing the big games that are on console too. Of course some indie games might cause some issues, but those arent even release on console ofc

If you like consoles, thats fine, I dont like them, but do me a favour and dont complain about the limitations of a console then :wink:

The technical issues I face is more because of the developers and not my console. I have the X, and I can play Gears 4 in 4k HDR at 60 frames with no problems (which is arguably a much more graphically intensive game than DBD). I don't own a 4k TV yet, but the point is that my console could run games just fine. The problem is the devs limit the framerate to 30 fps and the game is no where near optimized, even on PC it's buggy AF with graphical glitches and frame drops (this from watching a lot of YT/streamers). If BHVR would optimize their game on console and give me options to play in 60 fps I totally could.

In fact, DBD is probably the only game that I feel runs like crap on the X compared to how other games perform. Every other game runs significantly better, but not DBD. It's marginal at best, and that's on the devs for not optimizing the game for consoles.

"Don't want to spend the money on appropriate hardware"... First, don't tell me how to spend my money. Maybe I need that money I would have spent on a high grade PC for IDK, rent, food. I have to live you know. Second, I pointed out above my hardware is entirely appropriate, it's the software that's flawed. Like the game should not drop frames as much as it does on the X when it's just running at 30 fps. That's obscene when Gears 4 can run in 4k/60fps flawlessly. This statement is just pure PC elitism here.

BTW using the winky face doesn't make you look like any less of a jack ass.