Mettle of Man (Buff/Balance)

Velarica
Velarica Member Posts: 76
edited June 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Thanks to the shrine I have recently acquired this perk and began using it in games to test out its usefulness. Despite many attempts and various builds I have yet to successfully pull off the actual effect. While I am certainly a bit of a potato red rank I think this perk could have more of an effect when it is in play.

Mettle of Man changes Part 1: The perk now only requires 2 Protection hits to activate. While the perk is active you now have endurance until the effect is used. This of course means rather than ignoring the hit you gain the deep wounds effect.

Part 2: Now for the other side of the perk. After MENDING, rather than a set radius you are now visible to the killer while outside their terror radius or not in a chase until you enter the dying state. This INTENTIONALLY makes the perk less reliable in all circumstances, certain killers (Those that can minimize their terror radius) obviously have an advantage against you because of your get out of jail free card.

Curious what people think of these possible changes to the perk. It makes it far easier to achieve but makes the downside significantly less predictable from match to match.

Edit: Of course in retrospect this does remove the Tier portion of the perk... Maybe 4/3/2 Protection hits? (Yeah it makes perk useless at T1/T2 but every perk needs to scale.)

Post edited by Velarica on

Comments

• R52G
    R52G Member Posts: 257

Honestly, I like this. It sounds a bit complicated but I like it more than how Mettle is now. Most people rarely can get 3 protection hits without dying a lot. It’s a trick usually players who are more advanced are usually good at. Anything at this point to make it somewhat usable again but not so much so to a point where the killer has a harder time in all trials.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Counter suggestion:

MoM requires three protection hits to activate. Your aura is shown to the killer for 6 seconds after taking a protection hit. Once hit after the third time, your on-hit movement speed bonus duration is halved and your movement speed is reduced by 25% until healed.

If Obsession: Gain a 5% haste status effect when within 10 meters of injured survivors.

If not Obsession: no additional effects.

That would make this a better balanced perk.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

MoM is one of the worst perks in the game after the nerf.

It‘s just not worth to take 3 hits for 1 free hit. You waste time for healing, it’s rarely that a carried survivor comes free, it’s just a bad perk!

I like to see a big change of MoM:

If a survivor is hooked and the killer near 15 meters to the hook (camper) the perk activates: you can take a hit and become just injured (onehit, chainsaw, when injured). The perk can be used only 1 time in the match.

So MoM would be a anti-camper perk and a real counter against facecamping bubbas and it is a nice perk for the endgame.