The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

if events are gonna be that unfun, I prefer not having them

Angelicus23
Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

-People suiciding on hook/DCing after not getting a crown.

-People wasting time on finding the crown over gens.

-Event items extremely difficult to find to stack and just use some (maybe that's a bug).

-Offering bugged.

-Killers tryharding with op builds and moris, sometimes slugging to death, just to complete the ridiculus challenges, making it even more difficult to play/collect event items.

-Survivors in swf with keys and a map (could dodge if I didnt need to wait 10 minutes to play killer).

Post edited by Angelicus23 on

Comments

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    1. The crowns don't disappear after someone else has picked them up. It just spawns somewhere else randomly on the map. Of course your not going to get a crown for suiciding on hook.
    2. Who the ######### plays to sit on gens? How is that even fun?
    3. Event items have always had a high rarity.
    4. Well, i agree with you there.
    5. If the killer is trying too hard, then just die and move onto your next game. I haven't seen anything different from normal play to be honest.
    6. Meh. Who cares if they leave through hatch.
  • Angelicus23

1-Im not even speaking for myself.

2-uuuh objective I guess

3-no, last year I got in a few days 50 party starters

5-are you really asking me to suicide and get no points, and have no use of my scape cake? no thx

6-breh who cares about getting 0 kills and no fun ikr

• GonTakuma
    GonTakuma Member Posts: 24
    1. Havent noticed any people suiciding any more than ussual (on purpose)
    2. Well what I do notice is that when they have the crown, they will escape ASAP and leave you for dead.
    3. I haven't seen any positive effect of the crown or the event so far.
    4. Offering is still bugged yes, That is very painfull.|
    5. Killers tryharding, Yup absolutely They are even more merciless than before.
    6. Survivors in swf with keys and a map.....To counter this you need to play as the tryhard killers you proposed in #5
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

"-People wasting time on fin[d]ing the crown over gens."

How is this different from previous events?

• Angelicus23

in the chinesse one from 2019 you could get points for the skins by just scaping and doing gens, the lunar lamp was just an extra, others used to be by just repairing special gens, making people center more on objectives

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

To be fair every event has had the same issues as they change how people play. They have tried numerous ideas now.

The Hallowed blight which many liked and many hated was the same as players would suicide after filling the vial.

Personally my favorite ones were the ones with event hooks and gens as they didn't detract from normal gameplay as much as the second objective like the pustuals and crowns. All they needed to do was change the event hooks so they couldn't be saboed.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    1. Thats stupid I didnt see anyone doing so.
    2. Thats stupid too, but thats what people do who want everything asap with no input.
    3. Items are rare in bloodwebs, offerings are stupid often like 2-3 every web, but you can find the items quite every game in a chest. So just take them.
    4. Who cares? They dont disappear. Use them after the fix like any other clever player.
    5. Thats just every Event, even during plain BP-Events. And not that far off from no event gameplay.
    6. Dont see any problem here.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I'd rather have events then none.

Killers have been bringing everything including the kitchen sink in most matches.

Survivors are wasting time not doing gens or unhooks because they spend too much time finding a crown and everyone dies.

Previous events were way worse though, event hook breaking, event gen camping were really bad and luckily the events have evolved.

• Maievh
    Maievh Member Posts: 62

Enjoyed this event, was fun to collect all the crowns. Mostly its just normal games with a small extra incentive to get out alive. Only gripe I have is the flashlight/medkit appearance rate in the bloodweb.

• CriminalMind_ITA
    CriminalMind_ITA Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2020

Honestly i prefered BBQ event over this one

Crown looks ######### (btw, what's the story behind it? what's the sense of these "stones" around the map with a floating no-sense crown on top of them?)

Post edited by CriminalMind_ITA on
  • Angelicus23

idk but in the archives of Revelations I unlocked the first part where the observer gets an invitation to the entity's birthday

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I wouldnt blame them at all if they quit doing any events. Every event they do the forum becomes riddled with entitled cry babies whining about the event. I dont know if these events just bring out all the 10 year olds to the forums or the majority of adults who play video games are in serious need of growing the hell up.

• Angelicus23

so now we can't give our opinion and give feedback,

I thought that was the objective of the forums

• CriminalMind_ITA
    CriminalMind_ITA Member Posts: 93

Honestly man, i appreciate events

But it's obvious that it does not have much sense, it feels like something created just to fill the need of having "something for the 4th anniversary" and it's badly made

But, again, i play the game because i like it and it's unique :)

• goatslinger
    edited June 2020

Opinions and feedback is the objective of the forum. Nobody said you can't give an opinion. Just as i can give an opinion that crying about a free event makes you sound like a petulant child. Objective complete.

• Angelicus23

you yourself said it, we can give opinions, but not calling others 10 years old and crying childs, because if you're gonna limit yourself to insult, I would apreaciate if you didnt comment here where others give their opinion in a respectful way :)

• goatslinger

My apologies. My opinion is I don't understand why a game continues to go out of their way for events that they do not need to dedicate the time and resources to when they know there will be so many people ungrateful for it. I am however glad they do for those that do enjoy the work they put into the game.

• Angelicus23
    edited June 2020

because even tho you get great gifts, the gameplay is not fun

• goatslinger

Sorry your gameplay experience has suffered. Mine has been the same as always and the event items and crowns are just an added bonus. But I understand peoples experience differs.

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

I feel like since this event began I have seen more toxicity than I have ever seen in this game. I actually had 3 Red rank survivors say I sabo'd them by alerting the killer to their presence by doing a dull totem by a gen they were working on. They actually thought that the killer could see totems and got a loud audio que when you pop them. I am still shocked that Red rank survivors thought this was a thing.

Survivors and killer have just been really hard to have fun playing with. The events bring out the worst people.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327

The even is alright in my opinion but I really wish we had 2x bloodpoints or at the very least 1.5x

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498

1.no really havent seen that

2.fair enough they want to get a free cosmetic but the killers gonna try and find on early in game just use that as a time to do gens then at about 1 gen left look for crown

3.a liittle hard nothing major though

4.yes i agree there but tbh it isnt affecteing me since iam saving them for when crossplay comes to use with my friends

5.no there not i have all crowns for survivor in the first day

6.yeah a bit but so what they want an crown if its really that bad just be evil and use franklins