The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Just about the end of June ...

shalo
shalo Member Posts: 1,520

And matchmaking is still bullshit.

Comments

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

Stop feeding survivor with easy pips, then there will be less survivors on r1 and you will be happy.

Start killing them and dont feed these pigs.

In other words, nothing new, ranks mean crap, never meant anything but play time that month and will never work correctly either.

You have to get used to it.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

and will never work correctly either.

So much this. The only reason for the upcoming rank update is to have an excuse to hide rank so no one notices how bad the matchmaking is anymore.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Chances are, those are SWF abusing MM using a low rank to get put against a low rank killer. I see it all the time on PS4. I play solo, and I'm Rank 4, but there was a Rank 16 in our match, and the killer was only Rank 13. It's sad that people need these 'EZ Games' so much.

• Madjura

Those games look like SWF to me. I vaguely remember reading that SWF isn't supposed to use the rank of whoever created the group anymore. It used to do that in the past: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/519985/#Comment_519985 I can't find the post saying that this was changed, so maybe I misremember and that's still how it is.

Even if it isn't SWF the matchmaking is obviously bad and the situations in your pictures should never happen.

• Madjura

It's supposed to be based on how well you do in the game, so to me it sounds like some sort of Elo ranking. If I remember correctly then yes, rank would be hidden and so would be your Elo.

• Madjura

That should be possible, but as far as I know that's not how it works currently or how it has ever worked. It would make a lot of sense to do it like you suggest though.

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286

and this is what new mmr will looks like but we would not be able to see it.. They definitely had to change matchmaking so swf is grouping from lowest friend rank. which means if they are swf full rank 1s and one is last 16 theres a good chance killer is rank 16 as well. Only to decrease que times.. and of course they will say its not true,but since they are not showing us any graphs or metrics due to logic this must be the case.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Sadly ranks don't mean anything as anyone could take a long break from the game and come back as a rank 20 despite not being that before the break. Personally I don't understand why ranks just don't lock in by fives:15-20, 10-15, 5-10, 5-1. As a rank 12 killer I'm constantly being matched against purple and red rank survivors. It's crazy.

• Biggs

becasue most of the people are playing as swf - which is fine playing with friends is by me only way how enjoy survivor side, its really much better experience and you are having fun, but sadly its OP AS ######### as everyone know but devs have no idea how to balance it sadly.

Next issue is that ranking in this system is utter joke and with swf once again people are ranking like crazy. a lot of rank 1 survivors are actually really potatoes who have no idea where to go, what to do or how to loop - theres a lot of good players as well for sure :), but due to swf and bad rank system tons of people who are really unskilled and bad at game are as rank 1 and thats bad.

Now playing as a killer is a pure frustration - yes if you are going against bad survivors its a joke even with multi billions of second chances or hatch exploits, swf, but if you encounter actually good discord team you are f*, and after that you feel so depressed and frustrated, not becasue of you did you best but only then you can clearly see how this game is heavily survivor sided - yes some maps are killer sided as well.

Of course devs knows about this all, but they can tell its true :D That would be their grave. If something works in someone eyes why change it :)

Only way how to balance this game is seriously buff solo survivor, but theres swf problem again, if you buff solo you buff much more swf and killers will be frustrated even more.

Thats why you see for example a lot of challenges are made not for solo players but for swf, or map is much better playable as a swf . Thats why you see killer perks from last 3 chapters being utter ######### and have billions of penalties to actually work or use. And thats why you see that their focus is on low rank as well, which once again is really bad becasue you CANT hold noobs by a hand, everyone have to learn by himself what they dont understand.

• caz_
    caz_ Member Posts: 218

"Dont feed this pigs" uff.. someone got to much bullied to call random people Pigs.

What a hero you are. Grow up.

• SweetTerror

I don't think swf would be much of an issue if you could no longer communicate with your teammates after you died. That is quite possibly one of the biggest advantages about swf; the fact that your dead teammates can look at other people's feeds and communicate back to the player/s still standing about where the Killer is, what the killer is doing, if someone else found the hatch, etc. They really need to disable that feature.

• Biggs

Honestly I would love to see finally dbd 2 with filly voice implemented but only for survivors. Communicating with killer would be terrible idea and would even create more toxicity. That would be that bridge between solo and swf and then you can balance maps and killers becasue of this. But if you dont have balanced solo and swf you just cant fix this, you can band aid it what they are doing but honestly they are doing it in so dumb and ######### and untinlegient way its beyond thinking.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Are you a solo player ? That’s how my games usually lol it’s like the lobby is desperate for one player so it sticks me in lol

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 204

There's no possible way to do it, though.

I play primarily solo, but on the weekends I usually play a few SWF matches with some work buddies. We use Discord for comms -- no way to police a third party voice chat app.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

i mean, being rank 8 and going against red ranks actually does mean the ranking system is working

if youre in a queue the ranks you can go against will keep expanding with a max of like, 10 ranks in either direction (i think? i dont remember how many ranks specifically)

• SweetTerror

Yeah there's definitely no way to prevent people from using third-party apps to communicate to one another, but if they can find a way to disable chat for dead swf members within the actual game itself, it would be a good middle ground for any lingering issues about the power of swf.

• EntitledDweet
    EntitledDweet Member Posts: 12

Im rank 4 but about as good at this game as a bag of rocks, if that makes you feel any better.