If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Tinkerer - What's Gonna Happen?

Options
Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,613

I personally use this Perk on quite a few Killers actually: Wraith (mostly), Hillbilly (mostly), Huntress (mostly), Shape (regularly) & Cannibal (mostly).
Sometimes Nurse as well, i'm mostly pretty comfortable with drastic changes to her Power in terms of Add-ons.
And sometimes Trapper as well, just to get those Bear Traps out ASAP.

Not the greatest Perk, fully aware of that, but it can straight up double the effects of lower Add-ons, which, to me, is kinda fantastic.
Or just equipping the absolute best Add-ons and then Tinkerer can create some insanely fast charges, like Hillbilly or Huntress. Or even Wraith.

Of course, anyone paying attention to the last 2 added Killers can see they ain't doing Tinkerer anymore. (Or those who watched the streams.)

This is kinda a question directed to any developer who happens to see it, but since the chances are small of getting an answer and since this is a public forum, i can ask y'all this: What do you think will happen and/or want to happen to Tinkerer?

Best Answer

Answers

• JEWberry
    JEWberry Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Buff the percentage of it and make it so that u can use it without addons, it would just be a buff to charge speed.
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

They mentioned (can't remember when) they will rework the perk because currently it requires a lot of work to make it work for a new killer.

• Boss
    Options

@White_Owl said:
    They mentioned (can't remember when) they will rework the perk because currently it requires a lot of work to make it work for a new killer.

Yeah, i was aware. :)

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

i like Tinkerer though i no longer run it since i don't use add-ons anymore. maybe it could be an slight increase in every aspect of the power (add-ons or not).... so even without using add-ons, it would give a small buff to all charge and cooldown times....

• Boss
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    i like Tinkerer though i no longer run it since i don't use add-ons anymore. maybe it could be an slight increase in every aspect of the power (add-ons or not).... so even without using add-ons, it would give a small buff to all charge and cooldown times....

So JEWberry mentioned something similar and i think i can safely say they're more than likely not going to just make it charge the Power faster.
    They want to change it cause it makes a lot of extra work for the Add-ons.
    If they make it just affect the Power, they most likely will still have to put in extra work to make it work with the new Power.
    Though it's probably not as time-consuming as making it work with new Add-ons, it still is extra work, which they want to avoid since they'd otherwise have to charge people more for the DLCs that have Tinkerer-affected Add-ons or Powers.

Idk how legit that explanation seems, but i believe they just won't do what you two said.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint you, but Tinkerer is utterly useless on the Huntress. If you use the Babushka and the Braid with Tinkerer, it's less than 0.2s of a difference to using them without it, nowhere near the promised 10%. Not worth a Perk Slot if you ask me.
  • Boss
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    Sorry to disappoint you, but Tinkerer is utterly useless on the Huntress. If you use the Babushka and the Braid with Tinkerer, it's less than 0.2s of a difference to using them without it, nowhere near the promised 10%. Not worth a Perk Slot if you ask me.

I was aware of what it does before your comment. :)

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

@Boss

thanks. i guess we'll just have to wait and see. i'm still gonna keep my hope alive.... :D

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Yeah I'd really like to know this. I know it's getting reworked, but that was said quite a long time ago now.

It's really not very good to have a perk that is actually useless on all of the recent killers.

• Boss
    Options

@ASpazNamedSteve said:
    Yeah I'd really like to know this. I know it's getting reworked, but that was said quite a long time ago now.

It's really not very good to have a perk that is actually useless on all of the recent killers.

I expected it to have changes in version 2, but alas...

• MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246
    Options

Could either make it so they buff the numbers and to work with more killers, every killer since leatherface doesn't work with tinkerer, or maybe make it so it could affect powers too, it's good on the killers it does work with though

• DocOctober
    Options

@Boss said:

@DocOctober said:

Then I really don't understand why you bother using it.

• Boss
    Options

@DocOctober said:

@Boss said:

@DocOctober said:

Then I really don't understand why you bother using it.

That's okay, no one can understand everything.

• Boss
    Options

@Runiver said:
    I asked about Tinkerer yesterday to Horvath (he's mostly responsible for perk changes)
    Here's the answer :
    https://imgur.com/a/iejvsss

("Hier" means "Yesterday" in French, since my discord is in french)

Wow, thanks for the input. :):+1:

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Boss said:

@Runiver said:
    I asked about Tinkerer yesterday to Horvath (he's mostly responsible for perk changes)
    Here's the answer :

Sadly, there's not much to tell tho
    I tried to get infos from him for a while, we discussed about an extra- add-on slot with some restrictions and such, but after discussion, it didn't prove quite interesting.
    I think they don't have any "definitive" idea about it yet.

• Boss
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Boss said:

@Runiver said:
    Here's the answer :

I tried to get infos from him for a while, we discussed about an extra- add-on slot with some restrictions and such, but after discussion, it didn't prove quite interesting.

Aww man, that actually sounds very interesting to me, the extra Add-on slot.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Boss said:

@Runiver said:

@Boss said:

@Runiver said:
    Here's the answer :

Well, that could lead to a lot of trouble, especially with Myers and insta-kill add-ons and such.
    I suggested something like : make it so you could get a 3rd add-on slot, but do not make them STACK anymore.
    So you could basically do a Billy with : Anti heal, High steering and moderate charge/cooldown for example with Begrimed, Moonshine and Carburetor.
    But some add-ons combos could prove too strong and problematic, sadly, especially with Huntress and such.

• DarXide
    DarXide Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2018
    Options

@DocOctober said:

You do realize it's 10% of 0.10 (Grass Braid) and 0.20 (Babushka). That speeds the Braid up to .11 and Babushka to 0.22. So in total a 3%(0.33% with both+Tinkerer and .30%-Tinkerer) increase in speed with Tinkerer with both of those add-on's.

• Boss
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Boss said:

@Runiver said:

@Boss said:

@Runiver said:
    Here's the answer :

Well, that could lead to a lot of trouble, especially with Myers and insta-kill add-ons and such.
    I suggested something like : make it so you could get a 3rd add-on slot, but do not make them STACK anymore.
    So you could basically do a Billy with : Anti heal, High steering and moderate charge/cooldown for example with Begrimed, Moonshine and Carburetor.
    But some add-ons combos could prove too strong and problematic, sadly, especially with Huntress and such.

Fair enough.

Maybe become able to trap upright Pallets, dropped Pallets and windows when you have this equipped by doing a 3-4 second animation, in which the Killer calls upon the Entity to put his spikes there, but instead of the spikes blocking the Survivors, they deal damage when a Survivor interacts with them.
    It'd be Token-based, meaning that, every time you trap a Pallet or window, it consumes 1 Token.
    You start with 0 Tokens, you can gain Tokens by either not getting stunned by a dropped Pallet or if someone does a fast vault over a Pallet or window, and you can have up to 1/2/3 Tokens at a time, depending on the Perk level.

I think of this because, when i look at the Tinkerer icon and lore description, my mind jumps to a craftsman.

• DocOctober
    Options

@DarXide said:

@DocOctober said:

You do realize it's 10% of 0.10 (Grass Braid) and 0.20 (Babushka). That speeds the Braid up to .11 and Babushka to 0.22. So in total a 3%(0.33% with both and .30% without Tinkerer) increase in speed with Tinkerer with both of those add-on's.

Yes, and I also realise that Tinkerer only works somewhat on those Add-ons and that also only due to spaghetti-code. They aren't meant to work at all.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I have been running tinkerer on my billy with a sparkplug + Vegetable oil because i dont want to use my good addons. Does anyone know the raw numbers on this? What is the percent increase on charge time does a spark plug give you and then what is that number adjusted for tinkerer? Am i wasting a perk slot using tinkerer with it? I presume DocOctober would probably know this.

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Options
    It should be a 2 part perk. A base buff to affected powers( like a free yellow addon) and also give a smallwe boost than now to addons.  

This way it make it actually viable save for using with very and ultra rare addons.  

It makes it good without any addons, better with bad addons, and great with good ones, all without being too OP.
  • Undying_Zombie
    Undying_Zombie Member Posts: 40
    Options

I do like the perk but it could use some adjustments. A lot of killers simply can not use it at all and I think that should change. As it stands though I feel its only really good on Wraith, and Hillbilly. I can not remember at the moment if its good or not on Leatherface XD but those are the two that come to mind when I think of the perk.

I mean it is also good on Huntress but Wraith it feels like its a must at times.. That is something I find to be sad..