Still new to the game, any legion tips?

Title says it all.

Comments

• DSN512
    DSN512 Member Posts: 11
    1. Don't miss attacks during your frenzy or get stunned. That's a massive penalty.
    2. Get Monitor and Abuse so you can get closer before they notice you. Helps with getting a good frenzy or downing injured survivors.
    3. Know when to cancel your frenzy and go for a down. When you have someone cornered / out of position etc.
  • animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

Learn when it's okay to cancel your power instead of running through the whole timer. It takes a while for the gauge to refill (and you lose some if you land a basic attack), so if you're in Frenzy and no one's popping up on killer instinct, end Frenzy so it doesn't take as long to reload and go after the last person you hit with it.

Also it's really easy to lose line of sight in Frenzy (can't see scratch marks), so try not to go into the power unless you're basically right on top of a survivor and can land that first hit. Killer instinct helps with tracking everyone else.

Lastly, even though the power doesn't down people, use it as often as possible. The point of Legion's power is to keep people injured, so they either have the option to waste time healing (not doing gens) or stay at just one health state. If you can only find one survivor, sometimes it's better to use them to get an idea of where everyone else is than to try downing them.

And then just stick with it! Legion can be tough to get the hang of and get a lot of kills with at first because of the nature of Frenzy, but once you get used to how Frenzy works, even a 2k can be a very high BP game. I'm at lower ranks with Killer because I'm inconsistent playing that side, but I find it pretty easy to at least safety with Legion because of all the Chaser/Brutality/Deviousness points you can get just through using his power.

Good luck!

• DSN512
    DSN512 Member Posts: 11

Also make sure you use BBQ. Legion gets more points than the average killer, with BBQ you will double them and make a butt-load of BPs very quickly.

• GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206

wait for rework, now it's just frustrating playing him, survivors split up in the map and you are an m1 killer with a first hit, that's all.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Rank 1 every month with most of my playtime on Legion. Here are my big tips:

1. The Sketch Add-Ons that increase Frenzy duration are must-haves. Try to always be running one. Even the brown one is pretty good.
    2. Legion NEEDs lots of slowdown. Ideally, you'll want a perk like Blood Echo or Thanatophobia to try to force people to heal.
    3. Frenzy is most useful for tracking and getting the first hit on Survivors. It's totally ok to use Frenzy to hit someone and then catch up to them and cancel your power to commit. Also, Frenzy is great for finding Survivors that are trying to play safe (like if they're on death hook). So use the tracking to get early kills by finding people that have more hook states.
    4. Injuring Survivors is good, but you generally only hit multiple Survivors if it's easy. Once you play for awhile you'll learn when Frenzy is showing you people too far away to catch. Don't make it some crazy goal to always try to chain Frenzy hits. Committing to people is much more useful than trying to chase down someone and having your power run out.
    5. Be reserved with Frenzy. Don't use your power until you're close enough that you're confident you can keep track of Survivors. Losing scratch marks means that Survivors can stealth much easier if they break Line Of Sight.

That's my playstyle at Rank 1. I'm much more about using my power for free hits than always trying to chain it and I'm big on slowdown perks.