The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is it that everyone says the wait cue is long because there arnt a lot of people playing killer?

Revzi100
Revzi100 Member Posts: 529

Why is it that everyone says the wait cue is long because there arnt a lot of people playing killer? yet when i play killer the cue is longer.

Comments

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

It depend of the time of the day but most of the time you will wait 5 to 10 minute when you play survivor and killer will wait less than a minute depend on the rank too im rank 1 killer and rank 3 survivor that my experience with my wait time and on some group im on its the same

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

After 7pm GMT the survivor queue times are longer and the killers is noticeably shorter. But before that survivor queues are almost instant for me.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited June 2020

In the afternoon where I live killer ques can take 3-5 mins and survivors around 40 seconds but in the evening its reverse.

• ActulCasul
    ActulCasul Member Posts: 178

5 in the morning and im still getting instant killer lobbies in ranks. cant say the same for survivor, but the even certainly has reduced the queue times.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Early in the day I get quick survivor times, after I'd say 12/1 killer queue times become about 15 seconds while survivor queue times will become 10 minutes.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I feel like the servers can't handle the large amount of people playing properly as i've been getting long queues on both sides.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

It feeds the narrative that Killer is REALLY, REALLY hard to play (haha).

In my region, it is mostly depending on the time of the Day. And it seems to be like that in other Regions too.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

During "peak hours" (evening/night and most times on Saturdays) in my region the killer wait is very short but I'll wait 5-10 minutes for a survivor match. During the day time like early afternoon it's about the same amount of time, just a minute or two for both. During the event killer waits on mornings have been longer though.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Different times, different queues. But it's much longer than 3 months ago.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Instant killer que or longest 2 minutes

Survior que either solo or 4stack is minum 10-15 minutes and sometimes its even 20 minutes long depending on the night.

The event and dlc has helped but for ps4 its still massively longer to be Survior

The logic is you only need 1/4 of the killers as you do Surviors for instant matches both sides

So if killers are instant then there's 10-20 times the survivors

and that imbalance could be pure players a combo with ranks imbalance as there are wayyy more red rank survivors then killers

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

There’s always more killers during new releases. Lots of people playing PH

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Here's hoping that when Cross-play is introduced, Queue times will drop due to the increased amount of players to connect to. Although there is the slight possibility that increasing the amount of players will mostly increase the amount of "Survivor" players, which will mean that playing Killer will get instant connections, but survivor queue times will increase... I'm Trying not to think about that while attempting to stay positive.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Considering how often killers are matched with survivors far higher in rank. I think a more accurate conclusion would be there aren't that many high rank killers. Not necessarily killers in general.