Really.... killers??

Comments

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

You DO know people can main both sides, right? Considering you find the idea laughable I'm gonna assume you have never played Killer before.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

"So... now that the killes have proven they are NOT going to play fair during this event"

Basically, let the survivors live if they get the crown.

How about play the game and escape?

• Citrusfruit
    Citrusfruit Member Posts: 69

I hate it when one side blames the other for toxic behavior. The truth is that both sides are to blame for stuff like this happening. You either get one bad apple that ruins for you in a game, or someone was just having a bad day.

You know how often I hear my friends say "That last match sucked, let's bring a key." It's a cycle that just repeats and divides the player base. Players need to realize that one side cannot exist without the other. If you're a survivor that hates killers then enjoy playing queue time simulator for an eternity since you dislike them so much and the same goes for if a killer hates survivors.

I'm so fed up with posts like this one that only perpetuate the cycle. Can't we all just get along and have a good clean game? I honestly get hyped when I run into good survivors when I'm playing killer, it's a nice challenge that might distract my enough to throw the game because chasing them helps me improve as a killer.

I've been doing nothing but giving crowns to survivors if I see they've got that glow and especially if they're just rocking the default cosmetic which only makes me believe they're playing that character for the sake of getting the crown. I won't let them all go, but if someone has a crown I'll give them hatch.

I think the majority of dbd players are kindhearted and lack the stereotypical toxicity, it's the just the memorable survivors can be the worst of the worst. I'd say most flashlight clickies are just wanting to have a good chase and if they can get you fired up by clicking the flashlight or t-bagging they can get the best chase out of you possible so they can improve. Take it as a lighthearted challenge as I like to do sometimes. ^^

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298

Just as a note for your complaint, Legion's cancel is a 4 second stun. If you can't get away with a 4 second head start that's kind of on you.

• Tjiani
    Tjiani Member Posts: 78

it was taken out of a context. It was a reply to someone who Said that he often let survivors go.

• Tjiani

Once? Lol i try to get Them on all my survivors, i Think most people do... lol

• JustCats
    edited June 2020

So a killer is supposed to let you escape like 20 times or else they're toxic? I don't think the event was intended to provide you with as many free wins as you have survivors.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,275

well then stop make us sparkly when we get the crown so kill doesn't know who got one who does there a fix.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Ahh, the good ol' cycle of: "no u".

I wouldn't mind if i have to work for it just a bit harder though, like hooking every Survivor at least once.

• UniSans
    UniSans Member Posts: 111

I mainly play the licence killers, so you know... the crowns don't effect me. Why would I just go out of my way from trying to play the game and do challenges and get bp and just let all the survivors go just for a meh looking cosmetic, that doesn't effect me?

• Tjiani

I am going to assume you haven’t read the entire thread.... i have Said multiple times I am not asking to be let out, or have “free wins”... i am simply just asking people to stop being so god damn toxic and purposly doing what they can to prevent survivors from getting crowns, Mori Them next to Them or carrying Them to a crown just to hit it multiple times and then carry one back to a hook.. if you dont consider that toxic you are a part of the problem

• JustCats

Yeah I only managed about halfway as my tolerance for survivors upset that killers don't take it easy enough on them is worn extremely thin. I agree that using improvised emotes to BM survivors is bad sportsmanship and would never do it myself. I hope you remember this the next time there's an urge to teabag or clicky clicky or do any of the thousand other things the survivors do to killers whether there's an event running or not. I'm not saying that you do, just that you've gotten an unfortunate but maybe valuable window into the killer day-to-day.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

So you want a free pass because an event is happening?

Talk about handouts....

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

They Probably singled out NOED because of all of your complaints it's the most laughable. Do totems. And NOED wouldn't ever be a thing.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247
    edited June 2020

Hmm. It’s not the killers fault that survivors need to escape with the crown in order to gain it as a cosmetic. It’s the way the event was designed. Killers aren’t obligated to let survivors escape just because there’s an event happening.

However, you do run across your occasional nice mannered killer who will let people escape if they’re glowing. And if you’re struggling too much, I suggest to try equipping Left Behind so you have a better shot at getting the hatch.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 783

I have seen plenty of killer mains on the forums saying they are letting people get crowns, and have experienced it once myself. It may be due to rank, time of day, or the alignment of the planets, but there are definitely some nice killers out there.

• Tjiani

As I Said... it’s not about NOED.... at all... sigh... it was to make a point.. about people bringing in their most toxic builds..,

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited June 2020

"I Think We should agree That during the next event there is no reason to make things easy on the killers" i found this hilarious because i dont remember when the survivors made the things easier for killers since the game was created back in 2016 but whatever.

even if its truth that killers are playing scummy, im not denying that by any mean but anyway you must remember that the killer is not entilted to give you the crown and free escape SPECIALLY when the system punish you for doing such a thing, i mean i dont really care about you escaping or anyone but if i dont have your BBQ stack or if i noticed you were a piece of .... dont expect from the killer to give you anything wich is even more he is not entilted to give u a free escape when his JOB IS KILLING YOU dont get me wrong i get mad when i get tunneled and im a killer main who sometimes play survivor... and i really get mad when i get tunneled and i do tunnel a lot but that is how the game works... sometimes i get mad i to the point i may even DC, but i understand why they did it, sometimes there is no other choice. specially when survivors seems like they are trying to set a new WORLD RECORD rushing as fast as possible every time and every single trial.

If u really want the crowns do what i did, BRING A KEY EVERY GAME and escape with the crown, thats it. is annoying to get tunneled yes but is what it is. Survivors always bring their full average 4 meta second chance perks anyway so why the killer cant play with their best builds if survivors are gonna bring their 4 meta perks every game no matter what is happening AKA event? it doesnt matter, is what it is survivors specially when they play with their squad they always try to make the killer experience as MISSERABLE as possible, at least at red ranks and is a constant is what almost every time happens you have to deal with it, sadly the community is toxic, no one cant expect from the other side anything and sadly when one side allows it giving you a hand specially the killer because i never saw survivors giving a hand to the killer and when he DOES, survivors pay back with heavy toxicity or rushing as fast as possible i dont blame killers anymore because they are right, wich is even more hilarious for whatever reason is the killer who "needs" to show emphaty to the other side wich has literally 0 sense to a lore extent not only gameplay based, and even more hilarious survivors are toxic with themselves to that extremely sadden point we got and there is no fix for that after 4 years nothing is gonna change.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Not true, this is definitely one of the best events.

• rogueplayer00
    rogueplayer00 Member Posts: 110

Unfortunately, friend, as a killer main myself, im also sick of survivor toxicity. I've been getting cussed out left and right for doing things im not even trying to do, and being told im trash or I suck if I let someone with a crown go. After being told im a "f'ing f^^^ot" for letting two people escape with their crowns, ive decided not to care. Gold particles mean nothing, i play the game normally, and if i get a 4k, tough luck.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

thats wierd, every single game i played yesterday as killer, there were at least 2 flashlights and all the best survivor meta perks.

• JustCats

The point is that killers have a responsibility to survivors to provide an enjoyable gameplay experience, for some unknowable reason, whereas survivors are just trying to play the game, man.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

toxic survivors can play killers toxic as well, and vice verse. You must of had a "bad luck streak", we all get that moment.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,977

I usually let all the survivors go in my matches. Sometimes I don't even hook anyone. I wish people wouldn't say everyone plays a certain way due to anecdotal evidence. Both sides can seriously suck. I have some miserable games as both survivor and killer, but I know not everyone is out to make others miserable, it's just some players. It's just bad luck to have multiple crappy games in a row, or it's due to your specific region/platform/time of day. Not everyone shares the same experience in their matches.

• NekoGamerX

do you tunnel sparkly survivor and camp them or go for who you see?if it go for who you see you are not part of the problem.

• OutcastEric

thats simply not true sam. Survivors are in as much control of the other side's fun as the killer. You really think its fun to go against a toxic SWF in an event? Youre only seeing one side of the coin my friend. Play killer more and youll eat your words in a heartbeat

• OutcastEric

sadly this is how the majority if not the entire survivor playerbase thinks. IDK where they got the idea that killers are there to please them and let them have fun

• Diggly
    Diggly Member Posts: 112

This is literally one of the dumbest things I have ever read. The killer is trying to play the game just the same as you, they are not some NPC, nor is it their job to make sure you have fun. Likewise for survivor. The amount of entitlement is laughable.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 222

It's not right and I wouldn't do that myself, but it does sound a lot like when survivors would DC instead of letting the killer get their basement archive challenge.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2020

Survivors never hold back on their builds or strategies, so why should the killer?

Holding back is something only amateur killers do in the hopes that it will increase the fun for everyone, but eventually killer players all come to the realization that the survivors have no intention of returning the favor, as well as relentlessly mock them for being "weak." At which point, eventually Killers all fall under the same rule: "Play the game how you want to Play, and enjoy it." No matter how brutal or vicious you think this sentiment is, it's really only matching what survivors are already doing in order to compete effectively, and if you want to ######### about the legal game mechanics that make this possible, go for it on these forums all you want, but you honestly can't ever blame the killers for using them because that would be hypocritical of you. Hate the game, not the player.

TBH I tried "farming" with survivors multiple times in the first few days of the event so everyone would get their crowns and an abundance of BP, and how did they thank me? They spewed toxic hate messages, and told me they "wanted to play the game" instead of farming. After enough of that I said "######### it" and proceeded to play mercilessly, because, after all... it's what they really wanted, right? I get hypocritically blasted in endgame chat constantly just for playing normally and taking full advantage of my perks, builds, and strategies, but even when I try to "play nice" in order to get points, I get blasted all the same.

Damned if I do, Damned if I don't... I'm honestly just sick and tired of your survivor BS, so rather than put up with it, I just play how I want to play, and it's the survivors own fault for making me this jaded and merciless, even during events like this one. I assume I'm not alone judging by OP's complaints, but I'm betting that the OP never even considered the Killers "fun" before coming here to ######### about them for ruining theirs, all while being just as guilty in "not holding back" as the killers they are complaining about.

You all brought this on yourselves... DEAL WITH IT.

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194
    edited June 2020

😆

• NekoGamerX

sorry survivors did that to you the two times i got the crown killer didn't go all out i told him thank you.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Whoa man calm down... When I started the event I didn't realize I could pick up one of the stones and thought I had to kill the survivor to bust it out of them....my bad, geeeze imagine telling a murderer to not murder you....GOLLY!

• Howdy
    Howdy Member Posts: 2

how is it unfair that not every killer just lets people with the crown escape?

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

You do know the only thing killer get during those event are cake right and killer dont have any event for them so good luck trying to take your revenge on the next event

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Every time I've played Killer this event I've let all non premium survivors go as I know how frustrating it can be to earn those crowns on Survivor.

And I usually let premium Survivors go as well just in the spirit of the 4th year anniversary good will gesture.

Killers who kill their Survivors even though it's blatantly obvious that they are trying to escape to get their crowns are just crummy people. Don't blame them it's not their fault, some people are just neurologically unhinged bullys who get off on the misery of others. Quite sad really.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Good thing to know I'm crummy and I might have neurological issues. Thanks for letting me know!

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

You MUST stand in the corner and allow survivors to escape without being hit, otherwise you're cheating.

• Tricks

That was my 'pg' version, what I actually think of bullies isn't allowed to be said on these forums 😀. Not sure why you think what I said may be directed at you but ok?

• hahadrillgobrrr

You said killers who won't let shiny survivors escape are crummy and have neurological issues. I play normally and don't let anyone escape if I can do it. So by your logic I must be a dick and enjoy bullying.

• Tricks

I must just be a bad killer because I mostly feel bad for being ruthless lol.

• hahadrillgobrrr

Nah. I started playing normally after 2 days of letting survivors escape and still got bs in the chat.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,443

Really because i bring bps and try to be nice and just get my 4 stacks of bbq and i get survivors who just loop and pallet spam me. Then when i finally get the survivor and go to put them on the hook they break the hook or blind me.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

I'm normally rank 1 as both roles, aaaaand in my personal experience, I encounter a lot of people I know to be survivor mains playing in a toxic way as killer. Sometimes, it's those players that talk the most smack! On top of it, they will even be toxic towards me when playing as survivor! I don't camp, I don't tunnel, and I don't even use NOED. I especially don't do these things to survivors with the gold flake aura thing.

• Scourge
    Scourge Member Posts: 145

I only killed people that already had the crowns, the others, two hooks and than i let them go. Yes there where accidents where i thought someone was on second hook but they where on deathhook but still.

Also in regards to survivors i already have all except 4 crowns and while sometimes i had a few bad games in a row (Streamsniping spirits with red moris yay) im still getting them eventually.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I seriously haven't noticed any increase in toxic play, I would rather say that I saw Moris less freqeuntly during the event.

Btw, if you die with a crown, the reason for that is not necessarily that you had a crown

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

Funnily enough the first few days where I was just trying to play killer normally I got ######### stomped by sweaty survivors in every game. I hadnt met survivors that played this well more than once or twice in the week leading up to. But the second the event began, getting stomped by survivors was all that was on the menu.

And personally when I play survivor, I get more annoyed/angry if the killer doesnt play "normally" as in. If the killer tries to farm or let everyone go or something like that. Besides Chest Defender Bubba since he is a meme. And I know others feel similar to me in this regard. So personally if the killers are trying to kill, then they are playing normally. Sure moris, tunneling, camping is annoying and I guess could be considered toxic sometimes. But its still playing normally. Farming isnt playing normally, its boring, the only time I do it and dont mind it is if 2 survivors just instantly suicide/afk before a single gen is done. It doesnt make it exciting but at least we both get something out of the match.

Letting people go, is something that is up to each killer whether they want to or not. I dont do it too often. But I have done it more this event than usually. If its been a good match I usually let one go, especially if the last one I got "glows" with crown sparkles, so they can get their cosmetic. But if people have been very annoying to play against or if its just in general been a painful experience I just want people to die.

So essentially, just like killers arent entitled to a fun match and kills, as in survivors arent forced to play in a way that the killer finds fun. Survivors arent entitled to a fun game either and if the killer dominates its up to him to decide if he would let people go.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Ehm... there is. You get cosmetics unlocked for logging in every third day or so. Check your Claudette and Deathslinger