If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Killer and Survivor Working Together

Options
drinds
drinds Member Posts: 19

Does it happen often where survivors and killers work together? The last game my friend and I were in, one of the survivors lead the killer to the others. Just wondering if this is a common occurrence.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

I wouldn't say often. Or at least, in my experience, i just never encounter this except if they do it unintentionally because they're noobs, like unhooking me, thinking it's safe while it's not.
    Your example actually requires some more information, cause what that Survivor did honestly isn't so much working together with the Killer as it was trying to get the Killer off their back.
    Like, if that Survivor never got hit and the Killer always switched target and if they were the last one alive, that's already WAY more suspicious.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Just a few games ago I pointed at a locker with someone in it. It was hilarious 
  • drinds
    Options

It would make sense if that survivor were his obsession. They weren't. My friend said after she was hit, she ran out of his los. There were no indicators he was near her until the suspect survivor found her. She said after a few moments of the person not helping her and just walking around her, she started to run off and they followed. Soon enough, Michael came. She got hooked while the other survivor was standing there.

The killer let her take her down and heal her. Then he hit her again. That happened one more time without the hook part. The other survivor runs off, finds the third guy and there was some sort of instant kill. Looked like he had the obsession debuff on him (claws on survivor portrait). My friend ended up getting hooked again right after that

The suspect survivor got hit and started crawling towards my direction. Somehow she was able to go back to being upright, from crawling (didn't know that was possible without a self-heal). Still, she was headed towards me. The rest was me evading the killer until I got caught. Then they ran around looking for the hatch together.

Granted, none of that means they were working together. To me, it was fishy. Even when they're friends on steam. Who lucks out on getting a friendlist survivor/killer combo. /shrug

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

i thought the devs said that until they buffed killers, that each killer was assigned a survivor to help out.... i assumed the survivor was picked at random and assistance was mandatory.... maybe i misunderstood.... :D

• GeneratorJake
    GeneratorJake Member Posts: 11
    Options

End of the day, it isn't a team game, unless you're in a stack of your own, you'll always run the risk of someone else choosing to sacrifice you in order to save their own skin or just for the memes. Technically isn't bannable unless they do it to you all the time. eg. always that killer + surv combo, or that survivor always targets you, then I think it's reportable with evidence. Could be wrong.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@drinds said:
    Does it happen often where survivors and killers work together? The last game my friend and I were in, one of the survivors lead the killer to the others. Just wondering if this is a common occurrence.

It's not very common.
    But it happens.

It's bannable if the killer and survivor do it on purpose and planned to do so, like using coms/being friends on steam/purposely sandbagging survivors one by one on the hook with the killer hitting as soon as you drop, or if he keeps pointing the people's direction to direct the killer without getting killed.

Getting "killed" by a teammate tho, isn't reportable. A survivor can show where you are eventually, once, or lead the killer to you to get you killed on purpose, it doesn't make it "cooperating with the killer" if he's also a target for him.

So yeah, it needs a video to be sure, and the mods appreciation will do to rest.

• drinds
    Options

I completely understand this isn't a team game. Not saying that it is. What they were doing was completely off. The only reason they got hit was to find other people.They were able to come out of recovery without an item/perk/help. I just think it's funny that the survivor only has 15 friends on steam and just so happened to get grouped with a killer who_ is_ one of those friends.

It's whatever. Does blocking prevent you from grouping with or against them?

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@drinds said:
    I completely understand this isn't a team game. Not saying that it is. What they were doing was completely off. The only reason they got hit was to find other people.They were able to come out of recovery without an item/perk/help. I just think it's funny that the survivor only has 15 friends on steam and just so happened to get grouped with a killer who_ is_ one of those friends.

It's whatever. Does blocking prevent you from grouping with or against them?

Blocking people on steam doesn't stop you from playing with them, nope.

• drinds
    Options

Okay thanks