Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Some Survivors are not smart

why when your on a gen and the other survivors know your working on it , and when they are being chased they bring the killer to you then you be the one to get down , like why dont survivors run the opposite direction . Like that just isnt smart at all imo

Comments

• EarthToGravity
    EarthToGravity Member Posts: 96

I hate it when this happens.

I also REALLY hate when survivors unhook me RIGHT in front of the killer. Unless you have Borrowed Time, don't even think about doing this. Tunnelling I have noticed only really happens when you have the worst teammates, and in that case I literally do not show any hate for the killer in that situation. Just sucks how the teammates get away without any damage taken..

• Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350

Yep had this exact thing yesterday. While playing solo I like to use Aftercare - it shows my aura to them and vice versa. I'm usually not the first one to be found / hooked or killers gave up after the chase at the start takes to long. So there is this dwight (on ormond) in one corner. PH hits him and he runs straight to me working at a gen in a deadzone (he knew it was a dead zone, bc he spawned there earlier). Basicly I couldnt get the gen done bc of him, at the end 2 people escaped instead of all 3 (first guy got tunneled to death, had 3k pts).

I really wondered who turned on the pc for him and started dbd, bc I'm seriously in doubt that he's able to all this by himself while breathing.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

You can always let go of the gen when you see/hear killer coming closer.

• coffeegirl
    coffeegirl Member Posts: 38

Sometimes it's too late...

Often i'm the first to leave the gen and i'm always/often see by the killer

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

This is a highly useful tactic I call "scattering". Maybe the community has a real name for it.

It is an essential tactic for any survivor that is Dead on next hook. It works in other situations, too. Some survivors might just be trying to shake off the killer on another poor unsuspecting survivor, but ideally this tactic should be employed to momentarily split the Killers attention.

If the Killers attention deviates for even a second, and no survivor is injured, you have successfully scattered around the Killer. Although that particular gen progress may be paused momentarily (you WANT the killer to kick the gen at this point) it greatly helps buy the other two survivors much more time to safely work on their gens for a moment.

Remember that time works in favor of survivors until they get hit. You can always go back and redo 4 seconds of lost gen progress. It takes 16 seconds to heal another survivor and 32 seconds to heal yourself with SC, so yes, in terms of economics, it's a far better use of time and resources to attempt this and possibly succeed than to run anywhere and definitely fail.