Nobody wants to play as a killer

Bullying, genrush, YouTubers lie about the game , killers rank 15 Vs survivors rank 1...

360 in ps4 is broken , cause auto aim , auto aim gets crazy and don't let you take aim on survivor ...

Queue of 30 min to play as a survivor ...

Devs need to do something ...

Devs get bots in rank 1 dbd ...

Comments

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

This is a weird time for this thread. Killer queues are currently high because people are still trying to get crowns for the annivesary event. And because of the 4 survivors to 1 killer per game, it's gonna be about 4 times more difficult to queue for killer with most people wanting crowns on all characters. If you're having long queues than you want for survivor, stop playing swf.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Killer has been fun except when I started and today. Long queues just to get against swats, so much fun.

• MalEducado
    MalEducado Member Posts: 139

In ps4 , population is so low, the only thing I do is blocking all toxics , and when they appear on my lobby, just leave the lobby... That's what I do ... I wait 10 seconds as a killer , they wait 30 minutes in the lobby as a survivor ...

I'm ps4 player

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

I do, get gud

• Famicx
    Famicx Member Posts: 55
  • xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Uhh I'm red rank on Xbox. I do pretty well. Well enough to stay between rank 1and 2 consistently. I'll even post streams to prove it to you.

It all comes down to your actual skill level and ability to not only think on your feet but adapt to what it is happening.

Sure you'll still lose games. Hell I had a few games yesterday where I took 1 kill it I was lucky but that will happen regardless.

Don't give up if you do bad. Don't feel disheartened. Just try again with a different killer or a different build.

You'll get there.

• 7snowboards
    7snowboards Member Posts: 33

For me killer queue times are really slow while survivor queue times are as fast as lightning. Matchmaking system is broken and needs to be fixed. If there is more killers wanting to play than survivors why do low ranks get matched with high ranks and high ranks get matched with low rankes. They need a complete reshuffle and fix to the ranking and matchmaking system imo.

DBD devs really need to fix this or people will start leaving.

• letumeur
    letumeur Member Posts: 38

I'm just a purple rank as killer (red as survivor tho) so maybe my opinion won't matter to y'all that much but imo the biggest problem is the lenght of games. Peeking thought Umbra's stream yesterday she played swf and finished a game in 3 minutes and 22 seconds i think, she wanted to prove how genrushing is busted. Of course she depipped but I think pips are the last of problems in the list.

Even if you are "gud" it's just disheartening and sad to have to literally wait more in queues than to play the actual match, the only time I get short qs are at night here in Europe on PC. Sure I have also great games otherwise I wouldn't be purple, but I also feel like I either stomp because they don't even loop a jungle gym once or I get 2 hooks and 5 gens pop, despite not giving too much time to chases, pressuring gens, trying to force a 3-gen, then one distraction or one ds from locker and ding, exit gates.

I understand having good and bad games, but sometimes I just want to not have to time my chases to literally 15 sec each...

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

I have a HUGE list of perks that are crossed out and I do not find them (the perks) useful in this game when it comes to playing against Rank 1s. I get up to 6 and 8 before rank reset and it seams like there really isn't much that contributes to the match in perks. it becomes all about the actual playing and the perks on hand really aren't that powerful anymore.

I've always wished that BRUTAL STRENGTH was better again, as well as Thana. As a person reaches these ranks the killer goes from a 'big and scary monster" to a "mall cop chasing a shoplifter" kind of thing.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,787

Wow that's impressive. How did you get From the Void She Kills?! I swear I will never get that without farming :( maybe that's the answer lol

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I personally think killer isn't too bad. I think it's just matchmaking ruining everyone's enjoyment. Maybe gen times but overall I still have a lot of fun especially with PH.

• GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206

in high ranks you just need more game knowledge and most importantly good perks, if you have bad perks you already lost (not as survivor tho)

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I agree. Seeing as how custom matches aren't ranked, I don't understand why DBD can't let you load up a custom match by yourself. I mean if custom matches can give you access to perks you don't even have, then it should at least be able to give you access to the map.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Killer is the fun part, solo survivor is the worst you can do.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

A lot of people want to play killer. That's why killer pc lobbies take so long.

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

Cue times don't really bother me too much. Yeah I wish they were shorter but long wait times I can live with. What I can't. Is gen rushing and the lack of balancing. Swfs say what you like are a pain. Plain and simple. Unless you get a potatos or your just to goddamn good lol. But most swfs are too be honest completely broken and way too overpowered. Combine that with the sheer speed of gens and the stupid map designs that favour the survivors despite the fact the survivors are meant to be scared of the killer but let's be honest, what rank 1 survivor is genuinely scared when they have good loops, ds, dead hard, borrowed time, mettle of man, unbreakable. I play survivor in solo que and no matter how good I do whether or not I win is based on my teammates being also doing somewhat good or luck with the trapdoor. I think they should an option for killers to choose whether or not to match with swfs. Yes it could effect cue times but I don't think the devs are gonna nerf survivors any time soon unless they start listening to good community feedback. I know it sounds like I'm being negative but I just really want this game to become better.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597

Well on the contrary Survivor que is INSTANT on PC and I am faced with 15-30min Killer wait times on PC every time just to get a lobby =/

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

I do. So your argument is already invalid. It's fun if you can learn to leave your ego and just aim for fun regardless of what happens.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543
  • TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

That's a stark raving lie. SWFs with builds will crush no matter what. There's only so many ways to beat certain loops. Some of them you just have to muscle through no matter what, but it's punishing to do so.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

This guy gets it. Killer can be frustrating but your always in the action. Survivor, you're holding M1 most of the game. If you play with friends you get an advantage, but also when you get killed early you get no bp and then wait 5 or so more minutes for the match to end. The. Wait another 10 minutes at least for a lobby. I've had nights where I play 2 or 3 matches in the span of an hour and a half. Boring.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

I've been playing daily since 2016, and I haven't switch from Killer to Survivor. Survivor is too boring. Killer is definately more stressful and the flaws of the game are made obvious more as a Killer. But I will always prefer to play Killer over Survivor.

Also, the devs don't play live at rank 1. Hence why the balance is still a thin line.

• Spencerjnlouis
    Spencerjnlouis Member Posts: 117

I'm also a rank 12 Killer and I get get put against Red Ranks almost every match, I am so sick and tired of getting bullied by them.

I love a good challenge but this matchmaking is straight up unfair.

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 461

Want a tip? Don't bother playing Killer if you don't like it or it is not fun for you, leave it to the archives ONLY.

• samj2479
    samj2479 Member Posts: 9

It happens. When I was rank 12 Killer, I too used to meet red rank survivors.

But you learn more when you go against good survivors. It will be a tough time for a while. I learned how to cut loops, pressure gens, etc. As a result:

Yes I did change my name to 'Behind you' after I started playing myers xD(you can check my old name in my steam profile)

And recently I have reached rank 1 Killer:

Yea the matchmaking in green-purple rank is pretty tough but will be a meaningful experience

• SnailTea
    SnailTea Member Posts: 20

I'm an xbox player, and while I want to play more killer (I bought ghostface, oni and myers recently) the long wait times generally put me off it. I wait around 15 minutes either to get matched with 4 rank 20s, or 4 rank 1s. (Green ranks btw).

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
  • rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 204

No. That's patently ridiculous.

You shouldn't have to sink hundreds of hours into a game before it's possible to have fun

No developer in the world would plan a game like that

Is there a skill curve? Sure. Are some killers eat harder than others, but with a higher payoff? Sure.

But to say that anyone playing killer is going to suffer, get bullied, play against a toxic community that far, far outranks them for hundreds of hours because matchmaking isn't a thing in this game? Ridiculous.

This is a problem that the devs need to address. Players shouldn't wait 30 minutes in queue because the matchmaking is so awful and the player base so toxic that nobody wants to play one side if the game.

The fact that this is the state of the game right now highlights a dire failure of the devs.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063

I always feel like the odd one out in these conversations. I honestly find killer less stressful than Survivor. When I play survivor I get sweaty campers and/or tunnelers and anytime I want to use something like Bloody Party Steamers or seems like the killer goes out of their way to end things as quickly as possible.

When I'm the Killer the only one who determines how sweaty the Killer is is me. I mostly play for points so once I have my barbecue stacks I can mostly just mess around to max out my non-Sacrifice scores.

Outside of the occasional ROFLstomp or difficulty using a new or particular Killer, I typically find it more fun.

• IcemanTD7
    IcemanTD7 Member Posts: 4

For me it's the reverse: killer lobbies are almost instantaneous and survivor lobbies are a roughly 5+ minute wait time each.

What platform do you play on? I do PS4.

• LinkOfSerevillon
    LinkOfSerevillon Member Posts: 140

Interesting because I find my queues are nearly instant as survivor but it takes ages to get a game as killer.