Nobody wants to play as a killer

Options
13»

Comments

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    edited July 2020
    Options

I say that you ought to be interested in playing killer in order to enjoy it. It's not, generally, a cakewalk for your always alone. However, if you have perseverance and vigor playing as killer shouldnt be a tense and emotional ordeal. It can be enjoyable and funny sometimes and some matches can even be calming and not frustrating. Pick the killer your excellent in and with the correct perks and addons plus your skill as an individual, it could become a cakewalk most of the time.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607
    Options

Speak for yourself, loads of people like playing killer including me

• stagprince
    stagprince Member Posts: 5
    Options

another mans trash is another mans treasure

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249
    Options

See that's the problem though. Survivors get there so easily, it becomes EXTREMELY clear who's an actual red Rank and who's an SWF primary player. Killers don't have the option. There's no team support, it's just you, usually against sweaty little bullies yelling about how you're supposedly a terrible killer if you use nearly ANY mechanic to your advantage they don't have a perk to block. It's ludicrous.

New killer players aren't going to stay long in an environment like that. It's not enjoyable. Meanwhile, the devs support this nonsense by making comments like,"people complain about sitting still and holding a button down for 40+ seconds." The entire idea is to build suspense and tension. The mentality on display doesn't belong in a horror/suspense game like this.

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249
    Options

"Not as Survivor though"

That's the whole issue. Survivors are able to cover for each other to a pretty substantial extent in terms of new/poor teammates, bad perks, etc. Killers don't have that luxury.

• GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206
    Options

exactly, that's the point. Also if they have perks they are hella strong like facing 4 survivors with sprint burst, ds, borrowed time and unbreakable makes me burn my own gonads. It's 4 perks and one mind versus 16 perks and 4 minds.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Everyone wants to play killer, but most lack the skill and can't handle the stressful games and these people are now survivor mains. That is why they are also toxic, it's frustration from not being good enough to play killer 😀

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    Options

I stream killer Thursday- Saturday

• Kaitlin814
    Kaitlin814 Member Posts: 76
    Options

Matchmaking screwed you a bit, but I'd say that 21k points without a kill means you're doing something right. I'm a survivor main, and I frequently play against proxy camping, tunneling killers who get 3-4 kills and don't even crack 20k points lol.

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 233
    Options

I don't know how the environments differ from platform to platform, but I play PS4 and here is what I have noticed.

As The Killer, queue times vary but aren't usually that bad, playing from East Coast USA, I don't if or how they divide servers by region or otherwise. I play a lot of midday (11:00-14:00) and night (20:00-00:00) and my wait time isn't usually that bad, maybe 2-3 minutes. As a Rank 16, I have been put with all skill level of survivors from lower Reds down to base rank. I do see a fair amount of Green and Purple Survivors and they absolutely give me a challenge. I don't understand the "Gen Rushing" thing. I mean, what else are they supposed to do? I can usually tell if I have a premade group or even a 2-2 when they are well coordinated and run good interference. I just say GG and move on to the next match. I have only received hate mail once, and the only toxicity I have seen from survivors is gate taunting which I really don't care for and refuse to do as a Survivor, and I usually just rush them to cut it short. I also Main The Hag, sorry not sorry. I do think the matchmaking could be improved by taking Killer Level into account for when you're trying out someone new, e.g. Pyramid Head.

As the Survivor, I have an easier time finding a match as a Solo Survivor or when playing with a single friend who is on the West Coast, than I do when playing as a premade group of 4. Some Killers are more difficult and even annoying to go up against, e.g. Myers, Ghost Face, Leather Face. Most of my normal group hover around the 16 to 14 rank, and more often or not we get killers of about the same rank or lower, with occasionally getting a 12 or thereabouts that gives us a serious challenge or mows through us. We occasionally get a Killer that blatantly camps whichever survivor they have on the hook. It's annoying, but we usually just keep repairing and looking for the lucky moment to unhook them.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

I enjoy killer am I a bad person? 😳😳😳

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

Killer's a lot of fun to play, and despite the few matches I have versus more toxic squads, it's a lot more enjoyable than being a survivor with other survivors that can be unpredictable and not always that helpful. At least with a killer, you know where you stand, but survivors - it's like a box of chocolates, with one or two turds wrapped up for good measure.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

I refuse to play that way. It's shady, and no fun for the survivors. I play both roles. Green rank killer, and red rank survivor. I like a solid game that everyone enjoys regardless of the outcome.

• HEXSLAYER999
    HEXSLAYER999 Member Posts: 141
    Options

Trust me unless its SWF, they can't be that good. Remember some survivors are in red ranks due to being baby sat by their friends in SWF.

I was a red rank survivor on ps4 but between these same "red rank survivors"

-throwing the match

-being lousy survivors in general

-body blocking me

-not working on gens a whole 5-10 min while in in chase.

I have literally and consecutively lost so many matches that i am no longer in red ranks.

Mind you the matches i do win are when i am the last survivor alive.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I like killer. I don't like the queue times.

• HEXSLAYER999
    Options

I can tell if these red rank survivors are legit or not usually by the start of a match.

If i start a match and spawn with someone and they are running around leaving scratch marks instead of sneaking, then they are not legit red ranks for these are not red rank behaviors.

I always think to myself though

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+are+you+running+gif&oq=why+are+you+runnin&aqs=chrome.2.0j69i57j0l3.5414j0j7&client=ms-android-mpcs-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgdii=7ByJiTYyRSoXjM&imgrc=sxO8FYWNL8KkSM

• HEXSLAYER999
    Options

i will emphasize that i dont agree with you.

Swf is unfair

But survivor gameplay has been NERFED a lot already. I say this with the exception of swf survivors whom of course are toxic af but if you guys want actual survivor gameplay more difficult then it already is (excluding swf=screwed up) then you guys want a much easier match that doesnt require any skill from you.

Toolbox repair speed had been nerfed

Even with a red piece one toolbox will not guarantee you 1 generator

Group repair speed has been nerfed

Group repair speed with a toolbox has been nerfed

Healing speed has been nerfed

Not fast enough to catch a survivor (excluding ACTUALLY HAVING SKILL AND USING PERKS TO MAKE YOU FASTER) its cool just keep chasing the survivor until you get your bloodlust bonus speed.

The game at the moment (it didnt always) favors killers over survivors as it is.

The only ######### thing is SWF groups because they are coordinated. This ALSO negatively affect survivors who play future matches with survivors that are only good when feeding intel to their friends via group chat.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,690
    Options

That's why killer queues are longer than survivor queues. Makes sense.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,029
    Options

Afew things here... Matchmaking is busted, has nothing to do really with killer or survivor queues.

It happens to both sides, and hopefully it'll get fixed soon...

You mentioned youtubers are lying...about what exactly?

Also I know this is kinda anecdotal but I like playing killer. I tend to always finish all my killer based rift challenges and then begrudgingly do the survivor ones. I also play more killers than not, so its not a case of only having a chance with the top tier or anything.

• Dwightmain640
    Dwightmain640 Member Posts: 4
    Options

I think they are all survive with friends but it still should not be like that with killers

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337
    Options

While you may not agree, every "nerf" you mentioned done to survivors has been done with just cause. Compare any of the things you mentioned with their counterparts of the past and I'm sure you'll see why there has been "nerfs". All those changes have done is -reduce-the levels of broken imbalance survivors have had in their favor. Add in swf to the mix and then the unbalance from back then is really taken advantage of.

• FogLurker
    Options

While you may not agree, all those things you mentioned that were "nerfd" were done so with just cause. Compare any of those things with their counterparts of the past and it can easily be seen why. All these "nerfs" have really done is just -reduce- the levels of broken imbalance survivors have had in their favor since the beginning to a more manageable level. Add in SWF to the mix and all those things from before were definitely fully taken advantage of.

• HEXSLAYER999
    Options

Not with cause. Ppl abuse playing killers just as much as they do survivors.

I agree entirely in the case of swf f them.

But the point of balance is that playing both should be equally fun. Killers HAVE A HUGE advantage because they have their own powers. Just like annoying survivors use flashlights and tool boxes killers use their moris.

Balance should be that if you use skill

Killing/surviving should be even. As survivors should not be able to survive playing without skills killers should not be able to get 3-4ks without skills.

The point of the perks is to heighten parameters of certain characteristics=speed, slowing down the match, etc...

And developing builds that are custom to your play style.

Your argument is one sided. I agree there is a problem as in the case with swf but that is EASILY RECTIFIED by not giving them access to all level 3 perks unless they actually have them for that character (in which case fair game-same for killer btw=balance)

• FogLurker
    Options

The topic is about why no one wants to play killer, the main side you're gonna see here are from people who prefer killer and reasons why this topic was even created. I agree with you about the skill and what not with solos, but unless an option is added to not go against premades or there was a way to be made aware you were going against a premade so you can perk up and addon up accordingly, holding M1 and running in circles is miles easier than having to manage the actions of 4 other people.

I unfortunately don't like to use mori's or noed as it feels scummy; I also try not to slug, tunnel, or camp as I feel bad for the person and they might be an innocent solo. I play plenty of survivor to know what it's like to be on the receiving end of all those things.

Oh well, it is what it is. That's about all I have to say in regards to this.

• HEXSLAYER999
    Options

APPRECIATED THOUGH. Not all survivors play scummy.

I do understand your point on the premade builds killers do them too but anywho as you mentioned so eloquently some ppl play with skill.

• MalEducado
    MalEducado Member Posts: 139
    Options

Yesterday 15 matches , all 5 gens in less than 5 minutes ...but the game is ok...ive watching math , gens in less than 5minutes, menostrece twitch, all matches with genrush ... The game is completely healthy ...keep making a game for survivors ... You are doing well

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Do survivors manage to bully your Clown, though? Like chase-wise? Obviously a coordinated team can pump out gens and escape that's nothing special considering how little effort and time it takes to get gens done but what is it like to chase a veteran survivor when you play your personal best killer (Clown in your case)?

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

This is incredibly false

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options

Seems BHVR wants to lose new players with their dumb matchmaking system.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited July 2020
    Options

Killer has never been easier. I can take any killer now and feel like I have a chance to do something. A far cry from 2018 DBD where I wouldn’t dare use certain killers at red rank.

The de-pip squads are few and far between. Most survivors now are inexperienced.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Do they 360 you by pulling your camera / abusing the aim dressing or simply by spinning out of your pov? I faced a survivor the other day that kept doing that weird wiggle move which kept pulling my camera left and right without letting my hit connect. It got really old throughout the match. On top of that one of them brought a key and lead me on a chase before jumping through the hatch mid chase while that wiggle teammate waited at the gate on the other side of the map for me to close the hatch so he could pull the lever immediately.

Luckily I still got there in time. Needless to say I didn't hesitate and let him die in a cage.

Also what sensitivity do you use?