Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are people using Ghastly Gateaus now?

Cassandra_Alexandra
Cassandra_Alexandra Member Posts: 254
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

I just had a match where every player but me used one and my score was 24K and I earned 30BP because it included my 75% boldness offering. I got nothing extra for any of the gateus used. Why are people still using them when they don’t work? I’m waiting for the fix. This is PS4. I dunno if it’s the same with PC and Xbox.

Comments

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174

Because they get more points

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Cuz they give 140% extra points if used. So there's really no reason not to used them tbh. I'm stacking them up tho. I'm currently having 85 on my Oni until they are fixed

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

My meta is to reach 300 lol so I can farm easily if there's a bloodhunt

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

The bug, is with the “stacks” part of the offering description.

This means, if a player brings a cake, they will get 140% bonus BP, but only for themselves. If you bring a cake, you get that BP. If you bring Party Streamers or Escape Cake and someone else brings a cake, you still only get the bonus from your own offering.

I understand why to ask “why everyone using these?”, but they’re only 3k BP each, that’s 1,000 BP discount from any other yellow offering or add-on, and they appear very often in the web, so not much reason not to use them, you’ll still have plenty stored up.

• honestscript
    honestscript Member Posts: 259

There's also another bug that will sometimes cause you to not get any bonus BPs from your offerings, happened to me yesterday when I used a cake. There's no good reason to be using them right now...

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

They are working, just not like intended.

Getting +140% is hard to refuse.

And those who know that it'll also go back to 104% later on might even feel more motivated to use them now than later.

I mean, you buy it on the Bloodweb, it's your Offering, might as well use them when you can make the most out of it.

Also, it being 140 instead of 104 means more BP for the user, which means more Bloodwebs completed by the user, which then means more Ghastly Gateaus.

The more i write, the more i see it as a selfish, but very good deal.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Because you get at least 1 in each web, sometimes even 3 or 4 if you are lucky. It's more of a waste on survivor, because killer has bbq as well for even more BP and you can not be tunneled / camped and get nothing out of the offering.

And i only use it, if i don't have streamer / pudding. I even have 60 on spirit because i had to unlock perks for her, but i don't even think to play this killer anymore. Freddy is just better.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

Because I can get more BPs from using them rather not using them, and use those bonus BPs to buy more cakes to replace the ones I use.

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

Honestly because I cba to wait for the patch and you get around 1 or 2 gateous per level anyway, it's not like they're super rare

Besides they've glitched and so give 140% more BP instead of 104% so people are exploiting that to get more BP.

• Cassandra_Alexandra
    Cassandra_Alexandra Member Posts: 254

I’m with you! I’m saving all mine. Then I’ll have a ton to use later with friends.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Say you make 20.000 BP. The gateau will get you 28.000 bonus. Say you run BBQ or WGLF with 4 stacks thats another extra 20.000. Thats 68.000 for a single game.

Now say you get a perfect 32.000 score. Double that with BBQ and the gâteau give you an extra 44.800 BP. 108.800 BP for a single game.

Its not like the gâteaux are rare. You allmost always get 1 every blood web and you often get 2 or 3.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

Or you can use em now and just use the extra BPs to buy more. Its not wasting anything when you use 1, then use the EXTRA Bps you get to buy 2 more.

• TTVfbYTigTW
    TTVfbYTigTW Member Posts: 85

I had about 100 on my P3 Pyramid head (maxes his perks, that’s how many many I got in the process). I’ve spent 25 for more points while I finish adding his perks to the other killers.

ill save enough to share as party streamers + 4%, promise :)

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Nobody knows that they don't work. Outside of the few hundred people on this forum, it's down to players to read those in-game news alerts, which a) don't pop up consistently, and b) you can't really rely on players to read anyway. They should have changed the item's tool tip and/or just locked it from use pending a fix, like any normal game developer would do.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337
    edited June 2020

There's no reason not to, if anything, it makes more sense to be using them since day one. Use a cake, use BBQ or WGLF for max stacks, do well and get 100k - 108k BP per match, use that BP to find another 2-4 cakes in the bloodweb. Just keep that cycle going, you spend one cake to find 2-4 more cakes.

That's how many I find playing as killer, probably easier on killer as they don't find medkits or flashlights. Already have like 100+ cakes even though I use one every match.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

140% extra BP, they’re common, and only cost 3,000 BP.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

If more people use them later then as a whole everybody will get more I guess, but personally I've been using all this bonus BP to level the characters I don't want to usually or that still need teachables unlocked. Then I end up having a bunch of cakes on those characters (who I know I'm going to prestige and reset my stuff anyway) so I feel like I have to use them all up on that character before I prestige. The only characters I'm saving up mass amounts of stuff on are the few that I have P3 already (right now that would be Ace, Hag, Doc) so I can use them at my own leisure.

So I guess for me it's mostly a matter of wanting to have as little as possible on a character before prestiging them.