Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thoughts on new ruin?

2»

Comments

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554

New Ruin works EXTREMELY well on certain killers that can apply pressure well, and on other killers it is an extreme waste of a perk slot. I personally love the reworked Ruin, but only because I play Nurse; if I played Huntress, I would be HATING the old Ruin with a passion.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

Also earlier in the thread he said he didn't know the data on red rank matches. The 50% was a number used for overall matches.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Huh?

1. Where is your proof of a mass exodus of killers?

2. Maps needed to be reworked. They were not reworked BECAUSE of Ruin being nerfed. Even if they were.. that would mean Ruin was nothing more than a band aid to a much larger problem. Regardless, the end result is better. Maps being fairer is better in the long run for everyone rather than keeping a ######### unfun perk like old Ruin.

3. Resources WASTED? But the map rework was necessary and good. How is that a waste? It's the biggest, most positive change they've done to the game since EGC.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

So tier 1 of Hex: Ruin should not be a hex? But tiers 2 and 3 should be? How does that make sense?

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

Meh.

New Ruin's too unreliable for me just like most hexes. An unreliable perk is a bad perk in my book.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

It's great, totem locations are just actually garbo 80% of the time

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298

Why not just let killers rebuild their totems after survivors dismantle them?

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

"Ruin lasts until the end of a match somewhere around 50% of the time, last I checked. So no, it's not instantly cleansed every game." - @Almo

This doesn't necessarily mean that totem spawn locations are fine as is. With matches being shorter (no old Ruin to slow the game down anymore), of course a Hex perk will last for a longer percentage of the match.

If matches ended in 1 minute, then Ruin would last until the end of a match around 95% of the time.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

A few months late I see...

The old Ruin was better. The regression speed should have been put on a new perk or as a buff to a different perk. However, it does allow for a different style of playing stealth Killers and Doctor.

• Nos37

"I think most of you guys don't know how annoying old Ruin was to face on console. On PC I hit great skill checks no problem but on PS4 I can not hit a great skill check for the life of me." - @FearlessHunter

I also had to adjust to skill checks after switching from PC to console. I noticed that if I aimed for the great zone, I would miss it consistently. What really helped was that the distance that I missed it by was also consistent. All I had to do then was compensate for the delay by aiming at an invisible great zone in front of the actual one.

It's a lot like re-zero'ing gun sights. If I kept missing the great zone by 10º, then I simply had to aim for a spot that was 10º ahead of the great zone to hit it nearly every time.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

The best late game perk.

:)

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

I would run ruin and never upgrade it the strong part about ruin is not having to kick the gen the 200% regression is a bonus

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

I think it is kind of unnoticeable

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

My issue is they did it dirty like self care head on and other perks only good as a combo you need surveillance to really make it work but a perk should be really good on its own not just if you have another perk especially not a licensed perk

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 921

IMHO it's not good. Old Ruin was definitely unhealthy for the game but it was a necessary evil due to gen speeds.

New Ruin is just meh. It has good potential on high-pressure killers like Hillbilly who can keep people away from gens, but it's really bad on setup-heavy killers that needed old ruin like Trapper, Myers, Plague, etc.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

It's all but useless now.

As a survivor I hated running into old ruin, but it made me get better at skill checks. - People didn't want to improve so they changed it.

You could also gen tap, which wasn't nearly as slow as people say.

Overall I've been disappointed in changes like this that make the game easier. It's made the game from being about skill, to now being about not having enough second chances. The devs have gone from making sure mistakes are punished, to making sure survivors have second chances falling out their ass. The devs have gone from making killers feel powerful, to making killers feel like a bad day at work.

I love the game, and the concept. But what's the point in a "horror" themed game that holds your hand every time you make a mistake.

• TheOptimiser
    TheOptimiser Member Posts: 138

Hillbilly, Oni, Nurse(to a certain degree), Freddy(to a certain degree) and Legion - these are the 5 killers where I see the new Ruin working decently, for the rest of the killers it's simply a waste of time to use this perk...

Also, lol at the Dev saying that in half of the matches Ruin lasts till the end... I wonder why...Cause the perk is SO BAD at the moment, survivors don't give a cent trying to find the hex totem and cleansing it...The games fly by with Ruin on and nobody gives a damn about it...

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I sometimes intentionally allow Ruin to stand because I use Soul Guard. Speaking of SG, is there a reason UB one-time use is consumed while under the effects of a Hex Curse versus just redeeming SG in this case?

• bubbabrotha

bump

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited July 2020

It's bad in red ranks and it punishes newer survivors. Like old ruin.

Not that it getting nerfed because new survivors had issues with it made sense in the first place since they never actually encountered it that often.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

It*s the best perk for Freddy with Surveillance. Fake Teleport and you can trap it with your snare. If you use the brush as addon, chances are good that it won't be cleansed early.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

I never had a problem with old ruin, even in solo.

New ruin just feels like a waste of a perk slot.

• bubbabrotha

Bump 2: the sequel

• Nos37

"You could also gen tap, which wasn't nearly as slow as people say." - @xTalon32

Gen-tapping was as slow as hitting a good skill check (and regressing 5%) every four seconds. Even if you could never hit a great skill check, you would still progress faster than tapping so long as you didn't get a skill check more frequently than once every four seconds.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

Thanks for that!

But at the same time gen tapping was awesome for me because the killer would walk right by the gen because there's no repair noise iirc.

• bubbabrotha

Bump 3: The Revenge