EU Region = get matched with people from Saudi Arabia

I am a EU player on PS4. So why i do get people from Saudi Arabia in my lobby? Thats bs.

Where is the logic when we have enough EU players and i get people from the other side of the world in my lobby?

this is ridiculous.

Idk what the devs are doing. This ######### needs fixing.

Comments

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

Been an issues for so long now. I get paired with far off region players so much too, mainly when I plah survivor and they're killer. The matches are never fun, always containing bs hits. I did complain about this before but no one from the devs responded to it

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

Saudi Arabia is not considered on the other side of the world if you're in Europe.

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551

I believe it is because the middle east does not have their own dedicated servers, so they get matched to the nearest region which is in this case Europe.

• stargazer9

Which is basically how it is with so many other online games. We’re not talking about Australia here which is considered on the other side of the world.

• stargazer9
    edited July 2020

I suggest checking your internet connection. I have no issues playing with players in me, europe and america. Matchmaking first checks regional then expands to close regions then global to decrease queue times. If they restrict matchmaking to regional only then it will take even longer to find a match. Do you want queue times to be longer than they already are? Also regional only will make it hard to find matches very late at night or early morning. Players with different timezones will make the game find matches more quicker as opposed to same region.

Post edited by stargazer9 on
  • prettygoodjobsofar
    prettygoodjobsofar Member Posts: 25

i have no problems with my internet connection. playing with LAN not wifi. in every other game i have 18 ping, thats not the problem.

The q's are already long. and yes i rather wait longer then get q'd with people from over 3000km away.

• stargazer9

You’re saying that now but if queue times get even longer you’ll either quit out of frustration or come back here to complain about it xD Not only you but many other players as well. Like I said, a lot of other online games match you with regions closest to you and even globally. If you don’t like that then simply quit playing online games.