Oh boy nurse nerf flashback (Hillbilly nerf)

2»

Comments

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178

Post sounds like a thinly veiled threat (I’m going to Mori everyone) wrapped inside a barely restrained tantrum.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
  • SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

We know next to nothing about their addons yet. Why are you talking about "more instasaws"? lol

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Because that's the next best thing to do when you remove curve mindgames.

• HEXSLAYER999
    HEXSLAYER999 Member Posts: 141

W.e guy. Talking about taking serious and discussing my argument is very neutral and factual. Saying as it is not everyone that plays as survivor is skilled. Survivor gameplay has changed so much due to the fact the before the nerfs survivors did not have to rely on each other in order to survive.

Nowadays yes in order for at least 1 survivor to survive you have to trust that their are other survivors working on gens and not hiding or distracting the killer and not leading them to other survivors working on gens

Im aware that this is not the case with swf but for the most part the biggest balance with playing survivors nowadays is that other survivors do not play altruistically

No i do not mean by game definition of altruistic: unhooking and taking protection hits.

I mean intentional body blocking. Hiding in the the area behind a survivor working on a gen and vaulting as to lead the killer to them. Or trying to lose a killer in chase by leading them tp team mates working on gens.

A trial almost always guarantees you have a match with two skill-less players with chances of the last two survivors being 1 the guy/gal that carries the team (unintentionally as the goal to survive is to complete gens so you have no choice but to), and the douche bag that sabatoges everyone else. Usually product of a player who gets hooked once or twice after intentionally playing against the killer toxically and then tries surviving by getting everyone else killed

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

ye, but that's not a problem with Billy's balance, it's a problem with Infectious, Pop, gen requirements, etc.

• Kind_Lemon

Yes. Just yes.

😥I will miss Jenner's Last Breath and Anxious Gasp combo... RIP

• Kind_Lemon

Unfortunately, this seems to be true, which I am extremely disappointed about, considering that the only change made in a PTB not implemented was a self-care change.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

Oh man what a nerf they made the decisive strike check bigger and it last a full minute. That is so fair and fun

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG

And trash survivors will always want nerfs to make the game even easier for them

• HEXSLAYER999

I dont remember the check being smaller. Anywho it is what it is. Ive come to the conclusion that everyone gets nerfed. And they made a video on billy's "nerf" and its not so bad. All billy got was a overheat mechanic.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG

The skill check used to be tiny but they made it easier to hit because survivors must be spoon fed a free escape. It's almost like it wasn't nerfed at all

• HEXSLAYER999

Well i dont agree 100% with your mentality. I do understand that theirs A LOT of swf. I played killer recently and i understand it is with coordinated groups i played some games that were not swf and got 4ks

Its literally no middle ground. Survivors are super nerfed and ppl only do well when they swf

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Well, that's not my experience. Usually at least two people bring DS, in my survivor and killer matches. I basically never miss my DS skillcheck. But i agree with the solo queue problems to an extend.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Only problem with this is that you called ussylis a tryhard. Tryharding and being good are two very different things.

• HEXSLAYER999

My opinion that can be investigated at any time. Balance=

If you can play 5 matches as killer and survivor each

And you are able to survive/get at least 2ks at least 2-3 out of the trials. Then the game is balanced.

You will see that it is not the case with survivors (unless you're playing with swf and running a coordinated trial- which in this case you would be part of the problem).

I will remind you that those who play swf friends literally play sweaty 4 team swats so chances are as a solo survivor you are never going to survive a trial by being carried by a swat because they exclusively play 4 team only.

So as an assuming survivor playing the game to just play the games (without skill) because most players don't have skill you probably will not survive a single trial out of the 5.

Ergo no balance

• HEXSLAYER999
    edited July 2020

ppl can ######### on the devs as much as they want but literally one of the reasons the game was made was money (which mind you i very much appreciate out of how much money they make how much is invested to seasonally add content-which ahem is cost effective)

They are obviously going to continue making changes that are going to raise the chances of more new ppl picking this game up and playing it (and not returning it)

I also think this community is fortunate because not all other gaming co. Listen to feed back like behavior does

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

I don't fully understand your logic / reasoning behind you now using his stronges Addons and the Moris.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? After your so-called "nerf", I think you could use them better if you think he will be far less viable then... Wouldn't that make more sense? 🤔🙄

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

That's because most survivors in red ranks are boosted as hell at the moment and the matchmaking is screwed. What do you expect?

• HEXSLAYER999

Matchmaking does need to be fixed. But your argument is not effective reason enough remember survivors don't have add ons that change gameplay style and mechanics entirely like the killers do.

And at red ranks killers are the same level as red rank survivors

Only thing is killers have all their ability and perks. Survivor have their 4 man team.

Only thing that can be done is create perks that counter play styles.

That aside

YES match making needs to be fixed

(i play with a lot of red rank survivors that are not truly red ranks /baby sat or carried along by skilled team mates in swf/ and are ######### or don't contribute anything to the match always resulting in all 4 survivors getting killed)

But also ive seen ppl play trials with killers and survivors in different color ranks but i want to blame that on swf.

Yes swf needs to be fixed or nerfed

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

So... I keep seeing people claim that Billy is balanced... but... is he really? Like lets compare just the mobility aspect of Billy's saw to the mobility options of other killers for a moment.

After a 2.5s charge time, Billy can start sprinting across the map at an insanely high 230% move speed. This ability can take Billy anywhere he wants to go while maintaining all of his normal tracking abilities, has no maximum duration, and has a cool down of 3 seconds at base. It is a bit difficult to steer, but still.

The only ability that I can find that can actually go faster than Billy's saw is Nurse's blink which travels at 333%. That is admittedly much faster and can theoretically be even "faster" because she can travel through obsacles. However Nurse can't travel well at all without it, can't see what's going on around her very easily while she's doing it, can only do it a maximum of twice in a row, has a maximum distance she can travel each time, and is almost constantly waiting for her blink charges to come back.

Freddie and Demo both also have pretty fantastic mobility powers. However, both of them are heavily restricted as far as where exactly they can go, both have fairly long cool downs so they can't teleport back to back to back, and both are pretty restricted as to what they can see while they're travelling.

The ability that comes the closest to matching Billy's chainsaw in the flexibility department is Legion's power. However Legion only runs at 130%... not 230%, can't see scratch marks, and has a max duration of 10 seconds (outside add ons) and has a recharge time of 20s base. So, while you can use Legion's power for mobility and sometimes might need to... if you do, you won't have it available again when you get there.

All this is to say that... as it stands, Billy could very well have overall the best mobility power in the game. We haven't even discussed the fact that Billy's saw is also an insta down which makes it incredibly strong in a chase too. It is arguably a better chase power than Freddie's snares, Demo's shred, or Legion's Frenzy. Why does it get to be both better mobility and better chase than those 3 powers? It is even arguably better in chase than Clown's power that doesn't even have a mobility component.

Honestly... I'm not seeing it. I'm not seeing how Billy is balanced when compared to the other killers.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

The hillbilly change is pointless, he has counterplay so why downgrade him

• DwightOP

Maybe? She recently got changed so devs probably won't touch her for the next 12 months or so. But when they nerf spirit aswell they will go to Freddy instead (a killer majority of survivors hates more than Billy aswell).

It's truly a lose situation for survivors aswell. They should raise their voice about the Billy change if they want to continue versing billys instead of sweaty Freddys/spirits

• DwightOP
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

People are so overexaggerating this.

9/10 the nerf will mean absolutly nothing for good Billy players except for the fact that you can't rev the chainsaw forever in front of a hooked person.

No way to know untill the ptb, but for a nerf that everyone knew was coming so far it seems really minimal