Just shows us again that devs have no clue

Options

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    edited July 2020
    Options

######### is she supposed to say to "prove" herself? Any time anyone has anything critical to say about any killer there's at least three people saying "try to play at red ranks and then come back to me." But I guess that's not good enough for you. Also 700 hours is a long time to play any one game. Stop being an elitist and dismissive.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

But there already is counterplay, the devs even said they liked where he is at and then made these changes. I want to agree and see wait for the changes but with what they are suggesting.... Well lets just say that after the past few killer changes im not exactly hopeful :/

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

It just needs more skill on the killer. First of. Second: We don't know anything yet. How long does it take until he goes on cooldown, will the devs change that after or during the ptb.

And third.. Yea it may be harder to curve but not impossible. And in a perfect world you will still be able to curve, but you have to do it right every ms you're holding the chainsaw and not moving for 30 seconds left and right until the survivor gets so bored of you that he pays much less attention to your thing ur doing. You have to figure out the perfect position in relation to the time you need to charge and release the chainsaw. Instead of moving 100 times forth and back until it's somehow right.

And the good thing about that is if you get used to it, it's like the nurse change. it won't affect you at all and it makes you using ur ability and possibilities way more efficient and on point. And on the survivors end (mostly for low-mid tier players) it feels more fair.

• brokedownpalace
    Options

So nerfing exhaustion didn't make them improve their skill? Making insta heals not instant? Adding medium vaults and making certain windows weaker? Making more unsafe pallets? Altering whole maps? Removing the pallet vacuum? Removing insta blinds? Making hooks respawn? Increasing healing times?

None of these nerfs made it so survivors had to adapt and make smarter choices?

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

It's weird how people mention the nurse change as if she's been trashed by the devs... yet every single tier list has Nurse and Spirit on S tier. So you guys want her even stronger?

For this change... let's wait and see. Some top players put Billy in the S or high A tier, so I wonder what he'll be like now.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

We're still waiting on counterplay for SWF, and most survivor meta perks. Why nerf stronger killer's who are the only ones that stand a chanace against a slightly above average survivor? That doesn't make much sense to me. I know Killer's have been getting some buff recently, if you can call them buffs - they have all been more like balance fixes that never should of been a problem in the first place. The game reached a tipping point where it needs to keep Killer's in the game, but we still have the problem that Killer's don't even want to play because the role is too stressful. The game needs Killer's to even remain afloat - nerfing them now or in the next few months is just asking for more to leave.

before anyone tells me "There is counterplay to SWF and/or Survivor Meta perks". Yes, but that counterplay shouldn't be to waste time, as the Killer's most important resource in the game is time. Waiting out a DS, or BT for example wastes Killer's valuable time and more often that is more detrimental to the Killer in the long run. It's not counterplay if your only two options both cost the Killer the game. Inb4 "Just don't tunnel", sometimes that can't be helped either. For example if a killer hooks a survivor, then as they are hooking another that survivor get's unhooked. The survivor with DS runs to the other survivor and unhooks them. Then you have 2 survivors both with DS active, and you're option is to ignore them and let them finish the half done generator next to the hooks, or walk across the map to the other 1-2 survivors nearly done of another generator - that are at full health and possibly never been hooked once. What should a Killer do in that situation? All options are not good ones, and require a lot of luck to turn around. These kinds of situations occur too often for Killer's and Survivor's don't even realize or understand it.

• SquirrelKnight
    Options

Actually that does beg the question, when the last time survivors got a nerf that required them to get more skilled. Im not talking gen speed nerfs or toolboxes. I mean like,harder skill checks something to make survivors have to improve gameplay? Im not sarcastic either im rather lax on patch notes and legitimately dont know.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Exactly. When will THEIR Meta change?

Their gen progress got easier after the Ruin Nerf.

Why can't their objective be anymore difficult like it's constantly changing for killers?

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

Don't tell me what I should take as criteria. I can take as criteria whatever I want. If you think 700hrs is a lot, fine. For me it's not.

• DwightOP
    Options

Tier lists don't represent reality. It just tries to show potential. Nurse has the potential to destroy. But it takes a player doing 0 mistakes and reading every movement while LOS is blocked. And all that doesn't matter because she became so unfun that noone plays here anymore.

Get the facts straight first.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678
    Options

Them making the maps more unsafe was the biggest buff killers have gotten in the history of DBD. Solo Q is mostly a slaughtering ground now, more for the masochist than anything. I played like 5-6 red rank survivor matches today and literally all of them were hatch games.

But you don't lose pips at all if you just farm some people with BT before you die so red ranks remains as boosted as ever.

• TheOptimiser
    TheOptimiser Member Posts: 138
    Options

Seriously, in my opinion he shouldn't have been touched at all. He was perfectly balanced in terms of his power, maybe a slight change in the add-ons, but that's pretty much all they should've changed about this killer.

I am not a Billy main, heck I barely know how to play Billy as a killer, but I think other killers should've deserved a bit more attention than Billy. And one exemple is Myers... In my opinion his power is severly outdated and therefore I believe he is a killer that deserves more attention than Billy does at the moment...

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

The facts straight.. you mean opinions? I should've known your opinion before posting? And apparently everyone else's opinion is just like yours?

lol

• brokedownpalace
    Options

Lol ok. Anyone under 7.25k hours is a noob IMO. And unless you've been at rank 1 for 257 days straight, with no drop to rank 2, even during rank reset don't @ me.

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495
    Options

if spirit gets touched any more shell be unplayable. Shes yet another example of why killers dont need to be 110 move speed. If she gets any massive nerfs they at least need to make her 115.

• OutcastEric
    Options

Im pretty sure all of the devs are survivor mains lol. Every stream ive ever seen them play as killer they get trashed on. All of the around the campfires ive seen have been survivor games. Maybe im misinformed but based on the changes they make to killers, I cant see them knowing the ins and outs of their game

• SquirrelKnight
    Options

They didnt really make the maps more unsafe, the took out godloops and replaced with multiple weak loops that can be chained. And solo q is just as bad as killer really. Because you are at the mercy of people who do work at peak efficiency. More to my point that hasnt been a change to the survivor objective for killer fun. That was a bone thrown to the killers for several patches of constant nerfs and outright stating that they are only interested in survivor fun.

What I want to see is a change to the survivors objective that challenges their skill. I am a crap survivor, i wont lie i suck at it, dont find it interesting, but right now? I walk up to gen, finish gen, sometimes get a free time boost cause of a.skill check and then run to pallets and throw them down with reckless abandon. 3 escape np.

As it stands, killers objectives are constantly being made more difficult by gimping the killer. Chainsaws having overheat after a few seconds? Pigs traps not working when survivors leave the gate, literally how they were designed to work?

This would be asinine in any other game, but it is considered fine here.

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678
    Options

Godloops are mostly gone, sure. But they also changed a ton of good pallets into bad ones, and spaced them out. How is that not making the maps more unsafe?

There's large deadzones regularly, and the latest maps have pretty awful loops, if you can really even call them that. Most of the new / reworked killers are incredibly strong, and turn even the "safe" loops relatively unsafe as it is.

DBD is more dangerous than ever, and there's plenty of killers who will basically try to end the game for you off 2-3 hits through tunneling and camping.

I don't think there's any other "competitive" online game where you can have people on like 50-100+ winstreaks at the top ranks. It's because stomping solo Q teams is really easy even at high ranks and you basically need a full team of meta survivors to break a camp; especially if it starts early.

• DwightOP
    Options

Here addons for sure, especially range and additional blink addons. Eventually some other addons aswell. But her basekit? Nah, definetly not. Or at least not imminently with addon nerfs. They should have kept her base power how it is first and then see how she performs first

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options
  • Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

Oh, now all the Billy mains are gonna come out of the woodwork because they can't "mindgame" a pallet and got a cooldown. Let's not pretend he's gonna be anything less than A tier even after this nerf.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

PTB starts today. I said I'm gonna watch performance on the changes. Which I can do today, not in 2 weeks. What exactly are you trying to do here?

• sjamolars
    sjamolars Member Posts: 5
    Options

Both her addons and her needed a nerf. Before, a good nurse could wipe ANY survivor team no matter how they played. A good nurse can obviously still do it as she is still the best killer in the game. I think nurse is in the perfect state right now. The hardest killer in the game, but godlike if you have mastered her

• DwightOP
    Options

I agree here, Freddy is easier than spirit. Could also explain his extremely high kill ratio: everyone can stomp lobbys with him

• OutcastEric
    Options

I think the problem with the disparity of killer kill rates is ease of use. Of course spirit, freddy, and even maybe hag are getting a lot of kills because once good players learn new strategies that are hard to work around against for survivors, those killers will dominate the low ranks, the most vocal side of the community and unfortunately the most listened to. The devs dont need to touch Billy's power at all. Only his addons. Look at what they did to nurse. She was only OP with addons. She was merely strong without addons, as every killer should be. But they gutted her and now I dont even want to learn her. I was okay before but the power cooldown just ruined her. The slowest killer in the game that needs her power to traverse, gets shafted in mobility and got the fun factor completely stripped because the devs dont know what they're doing. They want every killer to be B tier. Fastest way to destroy your own game is to nerf things

• OutcastEric
    Options

I disagree that nurse is still the best killer. I think spirit beats her 2x over now. Unless you're a robot and can hit all of your blinks. Then sure nurse is better. Spirit is more consistent at ending chases now, isnt map dependent like nurse is, and is a 110 movespeed killer. Plus spirit has way better addons with no downsides to them. Except the amulet. Which was again...over nerfed

• DwightOP
    Options

I agree Spirit is overall a better killer just because of the fact that Nurse is so extremely hard to master. You will get better results with spirit than spending the same time on Nurse. Therefore it's really not worth it to pick nurse just to be a little bit more powerful after spending 1k hours into it.

• DwightOP
    Options

Told you. I didn't need to try the ptb but only my brain to predict how's going to be. And after testing the ptb and watching others doing it I was absolutly right

• OutcastEric
    Options
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options

The only skill related change I can think of is that they removed pallet vacuum and Doctor got those random skill checks.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

Still a player test build, if the change stays when reaching the live build then thats when the issue comes in, believe me its fully possible BHVR learns from mistakes. Just stay optimistic

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789
    Options
  • Hoodied
    Options

See the message above. Just remain optimistic that BHVR learns from past mistakes

• DwightOP
    edited July 2020
    Options

Omg are you kidding me rn? Imagine someone believes the ptb feedback will make big changes happen. What you see I'm the current PTB is exactly what you will get on live build. They will do miniscule number changes and that's it.

You tell me to stay optimistic as if this is the 1st ptb we ever got. So many PTBs in the past showed us that feedback is not taken serious. No matter how many people come up with logical and reasonable feedback changes (even with videos showcasing issues and big streamers talking about) they don't listen to it.

• Laffle
    Laffle Member Posts: 82
    Options

Ruin everything about a free killer, and buff a paid killer with a fun and fresh new kit. They know EXACTLY what they're doing.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

You are wrong.

Even the godtier nurse will get ######### on when the game decides no more power for you. Gamebreaking bugs have been with her since the rework, if you call this a perfect state i have to wonder are you trolling? How is it a perfect state that the game can decide you have no more power and have to run around on the map slower than any survivor.

Please go ahead, explain that to me. No amount of skill makes up for gamebreaking bugs to powers.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

You can see in 1 day how it encompasses every possible situation? Now I believe you even less.

• DwightOP
    Options

And here we are slowly moving more and more to a pay2win system for killers

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited July 2020
    Options

Of course, this is just me thinking of something at the top of my head, but at least this punishes improper use of his Chainsaw while not removing his skillful use of his Chainsaw. 😊

Edit: My OCD can't stand grammar errors!

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

Maybe you didn't get me. Trying to pinpoint me on stuff. My point was that everybody already was yelling out loud "in 0 days". Actually my point is the opposite of what you try to insinuate.

• JoeyBob
    JoeyBob Member Posts: 477
    edited July 2020
    Options

Yeah, they sure know their gam! That's why they designed it with survivors having instant fast vaults and shack with two windows and 1 door! It's not like community input made them change these broken mechanics.

/s

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Given this is a WORSE repeat of the nurse they won't.

Also they completely ignored all PTB feedback on the nurse "Addon rework" so nurse "Addon rework" 2.0 billybogalu won't be any different.

• Hoodied
    Options

Not kidding bucko, people can change and that includes the BHVR team, not being optimistic is pretty bad as well, give them another chance at redemption